Main Menu

DDP: DOJ Black Label DVD

Started by EOJ, December 14, 2007, 10:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

New promo video of Stage 4 from the upcoming superplay DVD is up (scroll down, it is the first of the two vids):

http://www.nakanoryuzo.co.jp/NEWS/NEWS0001.html

Full stage vid, but the score is blacked out.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

awesome!!  clicking the link now!   :D

jpj

at first i was a bit like "what the fxxx?"  how is he chaining the diagonal platforms section without any hyper usage???  video is of the 2nd loop   :rolleyes:   silly me

also, it's not quite full stage, it misses off the first 30 seconds, and he already has generated a 900+ hit chain.   :o

does anyone know any more about the player, HFD?  never heard of him before (with relation to cave shooters), so i wonder if he's just been playing DOJ BL exclusively for the last 5 years?

EOJ

A new promo vid:

http://namikipatty.sakura.ne.jp/03.wmv

Right-click to save. [thanks to Geezer for the link]
My score archive

jpj

the best video for me is still the first one, and it seems they forgot to blank out the scores on this vid too   :D

62+ mill by the stage 2 midboss
190+ mill before the stage 3 midboss
340+ mill at the diagonal platforms* on stage 4
679+ mill at the beehive section of stage 5
860+ mill shortly after the second midboss of stage 5
1+ bill at the stage 5 boss
1.20+ bill towards the end of stage 2-1
1.5+ bill at the start of stage 2-3
2.1+ bill at the 1-up turret on 2-4
2.4+ bill at the start of 2-5

* seems to have a steadier pattern for going into this section than what's shown on the arika dvd, ie less left-right movement needed.

those are type-A scores, his type-B scores are slightly less at each section.  they do however blank out his score and remaining lives when he kills hibachi.  he kills him with a 9000+ hit chain.  i had vhs cassette of ISO no-missing hibachi, and that was around 7,800 hits.  i know you get a hefty bonus for any remaining ships after hibachi (50 mill each i think), so i wonder how many lives he loses on hibachi?  if he has 2.4 bill at the start of 2-5, i can't see him making 1.1 bill just from chaining the level...

rtw

Will this DVD have both BL and Normal Dai-Ou-Jou ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Plasmo

rtw

QuoteBlack Label only

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone have a decent arcade
super play of Dai-Ou-Jou ? I am in need of some screenshots
with the correct aspect ratio.

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

The company that put out the DDP:DOJ BL DVD has issued a statement regarding royalties:

http://www.nakanoryuzo.co.jp/NEWS/NEWS0006.html

They say so far they have paid HFD, the player in the videos, 500,000 yen (~$5000 USD).
They hope to be able to pay him more as more copies sell. It is great to see this company paying the player
these substantial royalties - I've never seen this for any other superplay DVD.

They mention they plan to continue supporting "E-sports" players in such a fashion, so hopefully
we will be seeing more videos like this from them.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Not sure if it's totally worth the time he's CLEARLY put in, but yeah, that's a great deal for him.  Hopefully we'll see some more videos... and not just shooting.

Plasmo

Are you going to tell me that all the other guys who did the superplays for CAVE / INH / MVS didnt get paid??? :shock:
Or is it that they just never talked about money?

gsl

Looks like I'd better start polishing my Deathsmiles skills for the next DVD if I want to make this a paying profession...

GaijinPunch

QuoteAre you going to tell me that all the other guys who did the superplays for CAVE / INH / MVS didnt get paid??? :shock:
Or is it that they just never talked about money?

They most likely got a flat fee (or were paid hourly, I would assume at a rate of about 1,000 yen per hour).
This DVD was done by one player though, which also makes it easier to pay him more, but less than you would two people.
This guy actually makes royalties, so if they sell another few hundred down the road, he gets a kick back.  Pretty cool setup.

charlienash87

i was looking through my stuff today and was looking at the case of this masterpiece and noticed the case has a number on the side "n-pro_0001." do all of them have this same number, or are they each individually numbered?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara