Deathsmiles 2 [CAVE PCB, 2009]

Started by EOJ, January 06, 2009, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

It's windows-xp based, so expect a big hulking box with a loud fan and lots of crashes.

I doubt many private collectors will buy this hardware. I know I won't. These games should all get quickie X360 or PC ports anyway.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Shalashaska

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: EOJ on March 11, 2009, 05:01:52 PM
It's windows-xp based, so expect a big hulking box with a loud fan and lots of crashes.
I don't see why it would crash more than the other Caves and even less why it would have a loud fan. Do you mean because they will need a more powerful CPU but will put a shitty fan on it to make the hardware as cheap to produce as possible ?

retre

Probably will be an hdd with the game and usb memory with the encode key. Like Taito type X games.

EOJ

Official site has been updated with a character section, story section, and a movie:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/deathsmiles2/
My score archive

GaijinPunch

To get everyone in the Xmas mood...
Click Me

Not sure which one looks more appealing to me at this point.

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on March 21, 2009, 04:23:39 PM
Official site has been updated with a character section, story section, and a movie:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/deathsmiles2/

So, the character with the green hair, not yet named is a guy who dresses like a maid.

Catering to all demographics it seems...

EOJ

This is going to be the worst fucking game ever.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on March 23, 2009, 01:59:57 AM
This is going to be the worst fucking game ever.

You just can't sum it up any better than that.

markedkiller78

lol at the hate. The Admin of Cave STG forum & the man in Japan with all the cave clears under his belt :)

When will developers learn? Raizing's last game went 1.5d & looked like ass. Will DS2 be the demise of Cave?

GaijinPunch

Quote from: markedkiller78 on March 23, 2009, 09:35:40 AM
Will DS2 be the demise of Cave?

Unfortunately it might be their new beginning.

markedkiller78

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 23, 2009, 10:21:52 AM
Quote from: markedkiller78 on March 23, 2009, 09:35:40 AM
Will DS2 be the demise of Cave?

Unfortunately it might be their new beginning.

in the same way that 8ing now do crap console fighters :(

SuperPang

Tatsunoko VS Capcom is pretty good  :righton:

markedkiller78

Quote from: SuperPang on March 24, 2009, 08:18:29 AM

Debateable :) It's good "fun" as a pure fighter though it's a little shallow.

To give them their dues it's better than anything I could have imagined coming out on the wii, but they could still make the odd arcade shmup  >:D

Ruldra

Quote from: adverse on March 23, 2009, 01:57:32 AMSo, the character with the green hair, not yet named is a guy who dresses like a maid.

Pics please :laugh:

GaijinPunch

Quote from: SuperPang on March 24, 2009, 08:18:29 AM

Looked like shit to me.  Of course, they were playing it on an HD cab, and it's apparently not capable of HD display.l

Gwyrgyn

Nope, 480i only as far as I know. TvC is really, really broken and not worth playing much at all. 8ing also developed Castlevania Judgement which was really horrible. They also developed Fate Unlimited Codes which was actually pretty fun, but the combos get really stupid at high level play.

SuperPang

I got the impression TVC wasn't the most balanced game ever but I found it pretty fun from a casual fighter players POV. Its 480p and looks alright for Wii hardware, moreso on a VGA monitor but I'm not surprised ops use their shiny new Vewlix's. Its no SFIV though, I'll give you that.

adverse

EOJ

My score archive

adverse

EOJ

I need to keep the first post updated with stuff like this, as important info can quickly get buried in large threads like this. So, I've added the release date to the first post.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Let me throw this nugget out there.  The release date is a month-ish away... and yet, the retailers have gotten no price data nor any information on what fucking hardware this sure to be turd is on.  It's pure speculation and rumor (and that was emphasized), but I heard the word "rental only".  Thoughts.

EOJ

Rental only? What does that mean in regard to an arcade game?

Fujita is selling them, at least.
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

I'm curious to see just how terrible this game is going to be.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on April 12, 2009, 02:27:37 PM
Fujita is selling them, at least.

Do they have any details (specifically price)?  Like I said, speculation.  But... we're kind of getting down to the wire.

EOJ

Good question. I haven't asked, due to a complete lack of interest in the game.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

According to the interview in the latest Famitsu 360, it's not coming out until October.   Misprint?

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on April 16, 2009, 05:39:32 PM
According to the interview in the latest Famitsu 360, it's not coming out until October.   Misprint?

Maybe that's when the X360 port is coming out, but definitely not the arcade version. The official DSII website says the arcade version is "coming out in Mid May":

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/deathsmiles2/index.html

Loke test is from today (April 16) until April 22nd at Taito Station, Shinjuku. Anyone going to check it out?
My score archive

GaijinPunch

They're definitely referring to the arcade version.  Says "Arcade", and they say 稼働予定 which is not related to consumer games at all.  Interesting slip if it is.  Wonder where they got it from.