Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_K.

Glitch, but maybe not the bar, but original code.  On the PCB rank never gets to absolute zero (as in absolute rank), but close to it and just stops short, as in it can't subtract anymore or it would go negative.  I don't remember seeing the rank change when hovering just above zero, but wouldn't be surprised if it did slightly. 

Plasmo

QuoteChanging speed increases rank too?  Why not just continually use the Rose Cracker instead?

With Rapid B you can max out rank the quickest way. Sometimes he uses rapid A+B to have fixed options (because he needs to kill enemies), but still jack up the rank at the same time. The Rose Cracker is way too slow.

jheiger

Is it just me or does changing the dificulty in Pork not make a lick of difference?  Am I missing something?

bcass

Maybe the difficulty setting only affects how quickly the rank increases?

Daverost

Quote from: jheiger on March 11, 2011, 08:13:12 AM
Is it just me or does changing the dificulty in Pork not make a lick of difference?  Am I missing something?

I dunno about Pork, but I was playing around with it last night in Pink Sweets and set it to easiest and slowest and the game started out simple enough but eventually became even harder than normal. It's like the rank got stuck and didn't really reset, even though the bar showed it did. I was taking on patterns that were noticeably harder than the normal game by stage 5+. Glitched maybe?

bcass

jheiger

Heh .... lol at difficulty settings in a Cave game anyway.  I should have known better.

vercimbeer

I have a stupid question. I'm steadily getting better at Pink Sweets Arrange and have played probably 30 for 40 runs now. Today I accidentally erased all of my local scores (the local high scores were completely reset), but it didn't seem that I pressed anything differently after the run. Can someone provide the screen or Japanese characters that ask whether I want to keep the high scores? What the hell did I do wrong? I've uploaded some of them to the online ranking list, but it's a drag to lose all the local scores. Thanks in advance.

EOJ

Both arrange modes have some bug where the local high scores will all erase randomly. It's happened to me, and lots of other people. Hopefully they patch this soon.

Thankfully, the arcade mode and Matsuri ver scores have not erased for me, though I've read some people have their MMP scores erase when they switch to ver 1.00 for awhile.

Note Deathsmiles II had a similar bug where the local scores wouldn't save properly, and this game is programmed in the same engine. DSII got a patch, let's hope one comes for this too.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brokenhalo

Quote from: vercimbeer on March 11, 2011, 09:22:52 PM
I have a stupid question. I'm steadily getting better at Pink Sweets Arrange and have played probably 30 for 40 runs now. Today I accidentally erased all of my local scores (the local high scores were completely reset), but it didn't seem that I pressed anything differently after the run. Can someone provide the screen or Japanese characters that ask whether I want to keep the high scores? What the hell did I do wrong? I've uploaded some of them to the online ranking list, but it's a drag to lose all the local scores. Thanks in advance.

yeah, it's pretty damn annoying. i started playing score attack so at least my best score would be saved to the online leaderboard. i can already see myself going on a murderous rampage when my internet cuts out in the middle of a good run  :P

cstarflare

I've just been saving a replay of my top scores and using the replay list as my scoreboard. (finally, I have a reason to save my replays)

Kaneda

Just turned on my game and sure enough, my scores are gone. Thanks a lot guys.  :facepalm:

vercimbeer

Thanks for the replies. What an annoying bug! I originally bought this pack for MMP, but PS Arrange is amazing and solely worth the price. Just wish my scores wouldn't arbitrarily disappear. Patch, patch, patch.

Plasmo

I've been playing PS quite extensively over the last few days and am slowly regaining my old skills. As of now I have 8,8mill in Arcade and 5mill in Score Attack. Having played the PCB a lot, I wanted to say a few things about slowdown accuracy.

As we all know, there's a lack of slowdown at the third midboss of stage 6, making it quite diffcult and probably disables the sweet spots there.
Moreover I've found stage 2 to has a lot more slowdown in the port than the PCB has. It's not a big thing, since the stage is easy anyway. I've noticed the same thing during the whole of stage 5, where the port has lots of new slowdown, which is quite helpful considering that this is probably the hardest stage of the whole game!

Other than these bits the slowdown ist very accurate!
(can't comment on stage 7 because I suck too much)

@ICR
How's it going for you? Haven't seen you in the highscore topic yet.

Is it really true that actually noone has played 1.00 yet? No score submission as of now...  :-X

Plasmo

QuoteClear「HARDER」or「EXTENDED」. No continues allowed. (Pink Sweets Arcade) 65gs

This an achievement? The infinite lives trick is not in the game?

Are you kidding me CAVE?!

Not that I'd give anything for achievments, who really cares for them, but this is seriously retarded.

EOJ

You can unlock it in ver 1.01 due to the ability to fire a rose cracker without having to wait for a full charge (there's one Extended 2-ALL and one Harder 1CC on the leaderboards - both ver 1.01). It's impossible in ver 1.00 on defaults. Harder 1.00 may be possible if you change the extends to "every 1mil" and use the easiest difficulty setting, but even then I'll believe it when I see it.
My score archive

hipgnosis

Been playing this one a couple of days now and I must say I absolutely love these games. So hooked on PS 1.01 at the moment. CAVE did a really good job tweaking these games with versions 1.01 in my opinion. The inaccuracies in slowdowns doesn't matter in those versions because they are essentially different games, at least that is how I feel coming to these games without any previous experience with them. This package is probably my favorite CAVE release after Futari. So much good stuff in it.

Icarus

Quote from: Plasmo on March 12, 2011, 01:47:33 PM
@ICR
How's it going for you? Haven't seen you in the highscore topic yet.

Most of my free time has been funnelled into chasing 8000oku in Crimzon Clover v1.01 Original, getting close.
I have been picking away at PS v1.00 and Bakraid Sweets, however, and will join in the hunt for st7 quite soon. Don't expect too much from me just yet, though, as while I love PS, I played Score Attack more than Arcade Mode.

Plasmo

QuoteDon't expect too much from me just yet, though, as while I love PS, I played Score Attack more than Arcade Mode.

I also play a lot of Score Attack. You want to be prepared when you reach stage 6 in Arcade and SA is just perfect training!

I've played a few credits online and got 8,5mill. While this was not by best run (I did several horrible mistakes and scoring was rather shitty) I got quite far and reached the snakes/laser section of death. I'm ranked 3rd and replay is of course available. Gamertag is AhornDelfin322 or something. Didn't bother to change it.

Off Topic:

Can you play score attack and upload replays with a silver account? Atm I have the gold one for free for a month. Do I have to hurry up?

Aliquantic

Quote from: Plasmo on March 13, 2011, 05:59:22 PM
Can you play score attack and upload replays with a silver account? Atm I have the gold one for free for a month. Do I have to hurry up?

Yes, you have full access to the leaderboards (with replay upload and download) with Silver. The only thing you can't do for STGs is play co-op online =D

Plasmo

EOJ

Quote from: Plasmo on March 13, 2011, 05:59:22 PM
I've played a few credits online and got 8,5mill. While this was not by best run (I did several horrible mistakes and scoring was rather shitty)

I watched this replay - very interesting! However, you don't pick up the 1UP in Stage 3, which you should have (the rank really didn't go down at all when you let it drop off the screen). It also looked like you suicided in the second half of stage 6. If so, you really shouldn't do that. The rank is already near max and your suicide did pretty much nothing to lower it, a few seconds later it went right back up. You need to stock pile lives at that point in the game, not throw them away.

BTW I watched your replay with the rank meter visible. Do you play with the rank meter on the screen? If not, try it out while you watch your replay, so you can see how much the rank reduces when you die in certain spots.
My score archive

Plasmo

QuoteHowever, you don't pick up the 1UP in Stage 3, which you should have (the rank really didn't go down at all when you let it drop off the screen).

That's right, dropping a 1UP item doesn't lower the rank at all. Now the tricky thing: If I pick up a life it raises rank approximately the same amount it goes down when I die. It doesn't make sense to pick up 1Up items and I usually drop all of them or don't even trigger them.

QuoteThe rank is already near max and your suicide did pretty much nothing to lower it, a few seconds later it went right back up. You need to stock pile lives at that point in the game, not throw them away.

The death was accidental, I just wasn't paying any attention.  ;)
I'm not sure when I'm supposed to stockpile lives and go for max rank. I'm completely lost at what to do at the snake/laser section. I've never surpassed it. Relying solely on rose crackers there, doesn't seem to work too well, because the snakes have too high durabilty due to the high rank.
I guess I have to wait for YOS.K. to release a replay that beats stage 6...

QuoteBTW I watched your replay with the rank meter visible. Do you play with the rank meter on the screen? If not, try it out while you watch your replay, so you can see how much the rank reduces when you die in certain spots.

Yep, I already know about the rank meter. I didn't watch my replay however and I didn't know that the rank decrease you get from dying varies and depends on the place where you die? I'll watch it later today.

EOJ

Quote from: Plasmo on March 14, 2011, 05:03:30 AM
I didn't watch my replay however and I didn't know that the rank decrease you get from dying varies and depends on the place where you die? I'll watch it later today.

It doesn't vary based on any place in a level, but I think it varies based on how high the rank is when you die (I could be wrong about this). It doesn't seem to reduce much when the rank is really high, compared to when the rank is low.

My score archive

vercimbeer

EOJ,

How long did it take CAVE to patch DSIIX's tendency to erase local scores? I'm steadily pumping away at PS Arrange, and while I can use the online scoreboard as a hi-score list, not having a dependable local score list is driving me nuts.

lillin

Quote from: Plasmo on March 14, 2011, 01:22:18 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13850281

:laugh:
I dont even.... WHAAAT? :laugh:

Edit: Okay i went and played 3 runs of Arrange S.attack, and i got the infinite rose hips 2/3 times, but i have no idea what triggers it.
Anyone?

moozooh

<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Icemael

I got my copy today. I'm absolutely hooked on MMP. Pink Sweets is fun, too, but for some reason I can't change the ship speed... whenever I press A+B, my character just fires the Rose Cracker. I've tried altering the timing (A and B simultaneously, A a split-second before B, B a split-second before A) and switching characters, but it just refuses to work.