Main Menu

Cave kits thread

Started by EOJ, December 10, 2007, 04:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_K.

Quote from: EOJ on December 10, 2007, 04:35:29 AM
Muchi Muchi Pork!

- PCB (wrapped in a blue baggie w/ pink bubblewrap)
- PCB Feet
- Manual A4 (monochrome copy)
- Instruction Sheet A4
- Instruction Strip (sticker)
- POP
- Piggy Mascott
- CD
- *A4 Promo Flyer
- *Poster
- Box (new style)

Shouldn't the Piggy Mascott and CD be marked as optional?  These were given out at AOU and to resellers for free, who then included them in some, but not all of their new kits, since they ran out of quickly.

EOJ

They were included in all new kits from AMI, as far as I can tell. Even the very last batch that Fujita sold in spring 2009. I bought multiple new kits from different vendors (Tops, Fujita, Excellent) from 2007-2009, and every single kit had both the CD and piggy mascot inside the box. Not all of the brand new kits came with the poster or promo flier, however, which is why I consider those optional.

With that said, you can consider them optional if you like. They're nothing special really.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

I received my piggy keychain and MMP promo flyer in a new Ibara Black Label kit.  I consider it optional.   >:D

EOJ

Perhaps the piggie keychain was optional, but the CD was a part of the kit?

My score archive

Dave_K.

Quote from: EOJ on January 06, 2010, 06:28:36 PMI bought multiple new kits from different vendors (Tops, Fujita, Excellent) from 2007-2009, and every single kit had both the CD and piggy mascot inside the box.

I thought the kit you bought last December did not have the piggy inside, but nice of them to rectify the situation afterwards for one of their top customers!  =D

EOJ

Nah, they just forgot to send it. Which they later did (for free). The other two people I know who bought a kit from them at that time got the piggie keychain too.

Case in point: Fujita once "forgot" to send me the BOX for a brand new kit (Espgaluda II).  :laugh: Which, of course they also sent (for free) right after I notified them. Apparently some of the dudes in their shipping department aren't too swift.

For the sake of simplicity, I will mark the piggie keychain as "optional" with a question mark, as no one really knows. The fact they have been included with other kits (IKBL), as brentsg pointed out, further adds to the fishiness of the situation.
My score archive

brentsg

I think I'm going to have to send my piggy keychain to rtw for a battery mod soon. 

EOJ

Very cool, I'll add it to the main post.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Some pics of Deathsmiles II, from gfront's blog:

http://gfront.sblo.jp/

Pretty neat that the PCB has an HDMI output!
My score archive

brentsg

I wonder if all the outputs are enabled, or it's just a byproduct of the motherboard they used.

If a joystick mech could be rigged up and HDMI used, it would be fun to waste money on.  I wonder if it could be easily updated to the latest code?

trev1976

Anyone got any pics f the original art and manual in a guwange kit ? was looking through my stuff today and i seem to have these with my PCB but im not sure if there copied or not ?

Thanks

rtw

Quote from: trev1976 on May 03, 2010, 05:00:21 PM
Anyone got any pics f the original art and manual in a guwange kit ? was looking through my stuff today and i seem to have these with my PCB but im not sure if there copied or not ?

Look here:

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Guwange/Guwange.htm
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

trev1976

Cheers RTW

so like this

I think mine is copied :(

Dave_K.

I bought this Guwange marquee, and it came with a free instruction strip.  The marquee is original, but the strip looks printed.  I've never seen a strip for Guwange as part of any kit, so am curious if anyone knows if there was such a thing?  Despite the laser printer quality of the copy, it does look like a legit instruction strip.

SuperPang

skykid

Quote from: SuperPang on October 05, 2010, 08:11:21 AM
There wasn't

Yeah, no strip, but that looks cool Dave. Any chance of a nice scan for us exclusive CSTG members?  :righton:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Ast-Kot

Can the DS2 pcb works without a jamma?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Dave_K.

Quote from: skykid on October 11, 2010, 05:17:17 PM
Quote from: SuperPang on October 05, 2010, 08:11:21 AM
There wasn't
Yeah, no strip, but that looks cool Dave. Any chance of a nice scan for us exclusive CSTG members?  :righton:

I could try to scan it, but I'm afraid its pretty poor quality print.  I'm more curious where it came from as it doesn't look like a homemade job.  Perhaps its something from a magazine article, or some kind of loc test art? 

Quote from: Ast-Kot on October 11, 2010, 05:46:15 PM
Can the DS2 pcb works without a jamma?

Its not Jamma, but JVS.  You need a JVS IO or Converter to play it, similar to Naomi or Type X mobo.

Mundocombo

There is any official number about how many flyers Ketsui had from factory? I'm just missing those to complete my kit and that information seems to simply don't exist.

EOJ

I think it's a pack of 50.
My score archive

caincan

the most rumors i heard,  was :  the same pack as the espgaluda1 fullkit ?!  (40 sheets ?!)

Dave_K.

Any chance of a nice scan for us exclusive CSTG members?  :righton:

I uploaded a 300dpi scan here, but be warned, its pretty poor quality, being a scan of a print that was laminated and then folded in the middle. :P  If anyone has a clue as to where this might have come from, I'm all ears.

skykid

Quote from: Dave_K. on October 18, 2010, 12:03:36 AM
Any chance of a nice scan for us exclusive CSTG members?  :righton:

I uploaded a 300dpi scan here, but be warned, its pretty poor quality, being a scan of a print that was laminated and then folded in the middle. :P  If anyone has a clue as to where this might have come from, I'm all ears.

Woah, sorry I missed this Dave, any chance of a re-upload, for xmas?  ???
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Runefaust

My Ibara Black Label box has no sticker on it  :'( maybe it is optional? I got it new from Fujita.

Runefaust

In the Akai Katana Onlineshop Limited ver. there is a strange textile bag with pockets on 2 sides. It's got exactly PCB-size but the PCB doesn't fit because the pockets are too narrow. Anyone got an idea what this is supposed to do?

SuperPang

It just houses the volume pot sword. Seems a bit big but I'm guessing it was the closest size available.

Runefaust

Ah that makes sense. So i can carry around the sword at conventions without having fear of accidentially stabbing someone.

brentsg

I just obtained a NOS Espgaluda kit. 

The flyer pack has 50 flyers in it.. counted them.   :facepalm:

Also, on the bottom of the flyer pack was this letter.  I have no idea what it says.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2089470/Espgaluda%20Letter.pdf

SuperPang

It says, "Please find enclosed 50 flyers" =D

(not really)

ave

Soo... are you going to sell them at 10$ each? Or how much did the kit cost you?  =D
東亜プラン4ライフ