Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPang

Quote from: Monouchi on February 14, 2010, 04:08:08 AM
Quote from: EOJ on February 13, 2010, 05:01:01 PM
I wonder if the actual release date will be EARLIER than April 22nd.  

Maybe.
Submitted Master ver + its approved by Cave and MS, then a month to print and ship, if they hurried a little it could easily come out a month earlier.

Hmm, I seem to remember 5pb rushing something else out to meet the end of the fiscal year. Patch anyone?  =D [/cynic]

JAPJAC

Ketsui X360 and 'rushing' is a contradiction in terms. :rolleyes:

SuperPang

Was Ketsui delayed? Orly? I didn't notice.

GaijinPunch

Played a credit today in Shibuya when I was trying to kill some time.  Minus the smoke, I had a blast.  That was definitely the last game of the old school Cave.

rtw

Quote from: GaijinPunch on February 14, 2010, 08:10:39 AM
Played a credit today in Shibuya when I was trying to kill some time.  Minus the smoke, I had a blast.  That was definitely the last game of the old school Cave.

When the game came out it did not catch on quickly. I remember cosmicco and coinopexpress having
ample amounts for sale at 350USD, this was around January 2004.

Only later did it get the following that it enjoys now :D
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

emphatic

Quote from: rtw on February 14, 2010, 12:13:50 PMWhen the game came out it did not catch on quickly. I remember cosmicco and coinopexpress having

Only later did it get the following that it enjoys now :D

If only time travel was possible.  ;)

Kiel

I got mine from coinop back then. For even cheaper. :righton:

LFO

QuoteThat was definitely the last game of the old school Cave.
i feel the same way.

QuoteWhen the game came out it did not catch on quickly. I remember cosmicco and coinopexpress having
i hab the pcb from a friend for about a week at my place in '04 or '05, he wanted to sell it for roughly 350 Euros. and i stupidly thought: it'll get cheaper, i'll buy it then. d'oh!

neomoe

weird, I just checked NCSX and the LEs are still available..and same w/ Play-Asia.

I wonder why the LEs for other games sold out so quickly whereas this one is still available?
Maybe 5bp produces more LEs than Cave...or maybe people are just concerned about the quality of the game and holding off on ordering it.

EOJ

I think it's because:

a)people think, unlike the Cave ports, there's little chance this one will be region free
b)the LE extras aren't too fancy
c)no one knows what the box art is for the LE or SE

And yeah, maybe 5pb is printing up a ton of the LE too.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on February 15, 2010, 04:11:22 PM
I think it's because:

a)people think, unlike the Cave ports, there's little chance this one will be region free

good points, but I think the DOJ Blex/Ketsui soundtrack is a pretty cool extra!

StarCreator

I'm pretty wary about how common the Ketsui LE will be, actually... past experience has shown retailers don't always know how much stock they'll actually be able to acquire, and in many cases at least a minority of orders go unfulfilled.  This happened to me with Deathsmiles (I ended up having to source my LE from Amazon.co.jp Marketplace) and a few other LEs I've tried to import over the years.

I still want that Hoihoi-san LE ;-;

emphatic

I went with the LE cause I don't have the OST yet. I'm not into LE's, but these are my two fave game music OST's on one disc, so too good to pass on. I'm assuming this is just a re-print of the one already released, yes? Or will it contain the arrange modes from DDP-DOJ BL EX and Ketsui EX?

Kewing

Actually not, it's the Arranged music from both games's exclusive modes.

Quote from: neomoe on February 15, 2010, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: EOJ on February 15, 2010, 04:11:22 PM
I think it's because:

good points, but I think the DOJ Blex/Ketsui soundtrack is a pretty cool extra!

My thoughts exactly. I always thought people would be more attracted to a music cd, guess I'm wrong.
I say it's combination of two main factors, the uncertainty of region free and the yet to be proved quality of the port (and we the possibility that like you guys said, 5pb prints more LEs than Cave). Tho, now that Galuda 2 is region free I'm sure some people will rethink about ordering again.

StarCreator

Quote from: emphatic on February 15, 2010, 04:57:01 PM
I went with the LE cause I don't have the OST yet. I'm not into LE's, but these are my two fave game music OST's on one disc, so too good to pass on. I'm assuming this is just a re-print of the one already released, yes? Or will it contain the arrange modes from DDP-DOJ BL EX and Ketsui EX?

The CD contains the arrangements (as mentioned by adverse on page 4 or so).  Makes more sense since they have no soundtrack release whatsoever at this point.

EOJ

This will be playable on 2/27 at a free Microsoft-sponsored "Shooting Festa" in Akihabara:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/event/shootingfesta2010/

Also playable will be Senko no Ronde Duo, Espgaluda II BL, and lots of other stuff already out.
My score archive

vercimber

Somebody please let us know what that new Famitsu claims. I've never been so damn excited about a game. Not since I was 12 years old, at least. The wait is getting torturous.

JAPJAC

Latest official Ketsui X360 release dates announced here by JAPJAC via today`s Weekly Famitsu:

www.japjac.proboards.com

Cheers chaps.

22/04/10.

=D

EOJ

So Famitsu just printed the same date amazon japan and import shops had all along.  :laugh:

I wonder why 5pb and Mihara had been so secretive about the release date. Just to hype the game up?

Thanks for the info, btw.
My score archive

Hive

great, thanks for the info JAC!  :)

Can't wait to hear impressions!!!
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

GaijinPunch

I figured they would change it to May just to save face.  Told you (or at least at shmups) Amazon doesn't post release dates based on interweb rumors.

JAPJAC

My pleasure.  Thank you for the 'Thank yous' EOJ and Hive.  Cheers for the information EOJ regarding the Shooting Festa.  I'm there like buggery.

It's been a right old palarva I tell thee.  Checking 3 shops, twice daily since Tuesday in the absolute taters for this bloody Weekly Famitsu.  Then got told off by a women in the shop for taking snaps!  Maybe I should get a life!?

Cheers.

GaijinPunch

Off Topic: Afterburner Climax will be playable at the Festa.

KOMA

Thank you guys for all the updates about the Ketsui drama.It's time to do my april combo order,no mores heroes,Ketsui,SSF4.Buy much,play less,i think that's the spirit.

Lunchbox

Quote from: EOJ on February 17, 2010, 09:03:58 PM
I wonder why 5pb and Mihara had been so secretive about the release date. Just to hype the game up?

Mihara, to hype himself...

Can't wait for the impressions of people in shooting festa  :righton:
No arcades in Spain.

Jockel

Quote from: GaijinPunch on February 18, 2010, 12:17:14 AM
Off Topic: Afterburner Climax will be playable at the Festa.
It's absolutely puzzling for me why they haven't released it yet, because it's been on Partnernet for ages and plays fine.

JAPJAC

True story.  Went to play Ketsui PCB in my local arcade this evening as per the norm.  It's basically been my personal machine for the last few years as no one is ever on it when I go.  This evening, 5 fucking people in a queue waiting to play a 2003 game!  I thought it was the fickle Japanese jumping on the bandwagon thanks to today's news but no, they were all 'loopers' and proper amazing.  People are getting aggressive with excitement in Tokyo then!

I hope the PCB doesn't go up more again. 

Monouchi

Quote from: JAPJAC on February 18, 2010, 09:23:31 AM
True story.  Went to play Ketsui PCB in my local arcade this evening as per the norm.  It's basically been my personal machine for the last few years as no one is ever on it when I go.  This evening, 5 fucking people in a queue waiting to play a 2003 game!  I thought it was the fickle Japanese jumping on the bandwagon thanks to today's news but no, they were all 'loopers' and proper amazing.  People are getting aggressive with excitement in Tokyo then!

I hope the PCB doesn't go up more again. 

Fun story.  :laugh:
I so would have like to see the look on your face when you saw them.

HVL