Futari BL & Deathsmiles MBL Official superplay DVD coming soon

Started by EOJ, July 16, 2010, 03:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes201008/

Will be for sale at the upcoming Cave festival in August. It's called "Mushihimesama Futari BL x Deathsmiles MBL Extremely Black Official DVD"

So far we know it will include a FBL Maniac run by KTL-NAL (probably 1.5+bil), and a DSMBL run w/ Sakura by Oroshi (he holds the WR with her). More info to follow.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

cstarflare

charlienash87

wait...is it really a 2 in 1 dvd? :o that would mean my wallet only has to be fisted once right?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Plasmo

Let's hope for some more replays other than these two and we finally get something from CAVE, that's worth to wait for again.

Kewing

Quote from: charlienash87 on July 16, 2010, 09:34:55 AM
wait...is it really a 2 in 1 dvd? :o that would mean my wallet only has to be fisted once right?
Indeed, that would be awesome news.

Are those... EVAC cards or something?

EOJ

My score archive

HVL

This is cool stuff, and should have happened earlier. :righton:

charlienash87

Quote from: EOJ on July 17, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
Yes, it's a 2 in 1 DVD.

sweet!!! now i just have to be lucky enough to snag one. fingers crossed (along with the rest of everyone not in JP) that they aren't TOO hard to get.
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

moozooh

<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Shalashaska

KOA

cstarflare

Pretty sure every one of those scores is a new WR. TAC added a whole billion to his Windia score.

Can't wait for this.

Plasmo

EOJ

According to the back of the DVD box, which can be seen here:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m80386387

This also includes a DSMBL run where Bloody Jitterbug is destroyed, proving he was in the Arcade version (some people were not clear on this point before).
My score archive

charlienash87

shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

Play-asia should start selling it soon, keep checking their page. They've sold every other previous Cave Festival DVD release.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I watched the Futari God run.  It's of course, craziness.
Not sure what can be said about it that wouldn't be expected.  It is cab rape.
It's a no-miss up until a few pixels of life on Spiritual Larsa, then a suicide to get
a very small (relatively) end bonus.

I'll watch the DSMBL ones later but honestly, I'm not very familiar w/ that game at all.

bucklemyshoe

charlienash87

Quote from: EOJ on August 15, 2010, 06:31:03 PM
Play-asia should start selling it soon, keep checking their page. They've sold every other previous Cave Festival DVD release.

you're probably right, i forgot about PA completely. the real issue will probably be finding one of those history books for only a fist and a half

thanks for the reminder EOJ
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Kaneda

I watched the original and god mode runs of Futari BL and they're bonkers. Stage 2 of the god mode run is super badass.

@bucklemyshoe: 3 runs for Futari (1 for each mode) and 3 for DSMBL (Windia, Follett and a 999 Sakura).

EOJ

Back of the DVD says there are 4 DSMBL runs: Windia 14+bil, Follett 12+bil, Sakura 13+bil, and Sakura Bloody Jitterbug (minimal scoring in this one, I'd assume).

I'd like to see the Sakura high scoring one, but it's a shame they didn't include Casper or Rosa - it's hard to find good scoring runs for either.
My score archive

Kaneda

Yea that's true, I had assumed the Jitterbug run was just the boss fight in the extras but that's cool if it's the full thing.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: Kaneda on August 16, 2010, 02:52:59 AM
Yea that's true, I had assumed the Jitterbug run was just the boss fight in the extras but that's cool if it's the full thing.

Yeah, very confusing.  It's actually a full run, but I've yet to watch it.  I assumed it was just Bloody Jitterbug.  I was wrong.

lillin

Will Play Asia have an inflated price on these?
Would be awesome to own this ;)

StarCreator

Kaneda

I watched the Bloody Jitterbug run and it starts from 3-2 since the conditions state that you need to no-miss from stage 4 to the end. He suicides in 3-2 to get a full stock of bombs. Minimal scoring but still a pretty good score, although the Bloody Jitterbug fight was a bit disappointing. Not the hardest TLB, evidently.

cstarflare

The Bloody Jitterbug thing is a full run, but to see the first five stages you have to go through chapter select. Select "Play from main part" starts at 3-2 (graveyard).

ookitarepanda

Seriously, where can a guy get these? Play-asia had NO idea what my friend meant when he e-mailed them about the DVD.

charlienash87

i have to agree with kaneda here, bloody jitterbug was quite the disappointment. haven't watched all the runs yet but the mfbl god run with reco was sick! there was one part about 2/3rds of the way through YOU looked like he made a mistake on one of the patterns and nearly got a miss on something pretty simple. looked like he moved early and the pattern ended up engulfing him to the point that i think he lucked out on not getting shot down. death had to only be a few frames away when the bullets got canceled out. nothing else in the run came that close to hitting him.

the follet run was damn awesome too
shinu ga yoi in Ibara