Ikaruga, Triggerheart Exelica (XBLA)

Started by EOJ, January 14, 2008, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Ikaruga is set to hit 1/16, while Triggerheart is set for 1/23. Dates are for Japan, I'm not sure if they will be the same worldwide.

Source: Danmakugata.com's BBS.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

My score archive

RAR

Is this only for the Japanese Xbox 360s with access to Japanese Live? I'd like to get 'em if it's not only for Japanese Live members.

EOJ

Triggerheart is available for download worldwide, on any X360. Ikaruga has been delayed and still isn't out (anywhere).
My score archive

RAR

Thanks for the info, EOJ. :)

I just hooked up my Xbox 360 that had been sitting in the closet for a while due to moving things around on my computer desk and such, and downloaded the Triggerheart Excelica demo. It's not too bad, but I may purchase it later on.

I'm more interested in Ikaruga, even though I already have the DC and Gamecube version. :P

RAR

RAR

Ikaruga's out right now. Go get it, boys and girls.

TheSoundofRed

I picked up Triggerheart Exelica today. I really like the anchor system. Having trouble adjusting to the manual swing mechanic tho. Anyone else pick this up on XBLA? Thoughts? I know I'm probably late to the game, but felt compelled to buy it while browsing the Arcade offerings. Too bad Trouble Witches Neo isn't out yet.

njiska

I love Triggerheart, but it's definitely a shmup I play casually. The manual swing mechanic is annoying, but useful to master if you're going for score or trying to reach Faintear.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

gsl

I got THE before the region-free Cave ports started arriving and so don't play it nearly as much these days, but I really enjoy it.  The swing isn't nearly as annoying as it seems at first, and can make a huge difference in scoring.  It's mainly figuring out how far in advance to release the button if you want the enemy to go a certain direction.  They physics are in no way advanced and once you have it figured out you'll hardly need to consciously think about it again.  I'm definitely glad I picked it up, if only because it's a really enjoyable diversion.  Plus, I think the music is pretty great, too.

TheSoundofRed

Played a bit more of THE today. Ended up getting 28mil on Stage 1. I went back to Auto Swing and funnily enough I prefer the Manual setting.

The idea of having to hold down shot and anchor in order to score well was hurting my head for a bit, but I think I'm starting to adjust. I like the Stage 1 boss milking, and the Stage 1 Faintear milking as well. It's a shame there aren't more superplay videos of this (at least that I could find). Only found Stage 1 & 2 on youtube. All in all a very fun game.

Is it me, or do you get more medals while using Manual Swing? I tried to find a strategy FAQ for this without luck. Oh well.