Main Menu

Post your rigs

Started by adverse, September 05, 2008, 12:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

What kind of rigs have you guys set up at home?
Post up some pictures and descriptions of what you've got.

adverse

This is my DELL E228WFP monitor, which is attached to a rotatable arm in the back. 
Makes it real easy to tate the monitor.  Only problem is that my monitor only has two inputs:
VGA and DVI-D, which means I have to switch out the PC and my PS3 all the time.
I think I can fix this problem with a splitter though.

Turntable, totally overloaded and ripped open HP, monitor, XB360 bottom right, PS3 up top.

Turntable close up.  Precisely one person on this board will recognize the record...

Bike.  Yeah I'm just posting whatever   ;)

jonny5

cab on the far right is my vert cab....currently have mushihimesama and esprade in it....

beside it is my NEC XM29 XTRA monitor....tates great and good for movies too.....currently hooked up to the PC

beside that(kinda obscured) is my LG 19"LCD....mounted in tate on a swivel arm....i dont use this for gaming....its my main pc screen....and tate owns for web browsing.....that and there isnt space to have it there in yoko position....lolz

and beside that my newer cab.....im currently just running my consoles in it....both yoko/tate....got a modded xbox, ps2 and dc in it right now.....mostly playing progear and 3rd strike in it

ps....is that monitor widescreen? 

innerpattern

24" Syncmaster2493HM that's super easy to tate with the versatile stand. I use this setup for everything since I have no TV.

converted defender cab that I hope will have Death Smiles in it one day   :cool:

BTW I have mega cab envy jonny5  :D
Maybe I will get a candy for xmas.

zap

My old room in Itabashi in January. I've sold the Border Down though, wasn't my cup of tea.

adverse: You can get VGA splitters at any big electronic store, like Yodobashi or Bic. I bought one recently for 3000 yen, but there might be cheaper ones. Need to sell it soon though since I realized I need like 4 VGA ports.
Did you build the rotatable arm yourself?

SuperPang

I mostly play my Cave stuff on this

markedkiller78

Looks a lot like mine, only whiter ;)

I need to get some LS32?s for my Egret 2. I don?t play it thanks to the pissy JLF?s

How on earth do you always manage to take such good pics? Mine are always a mess. Prime example here:

SuperPang

Lots of natural light but no reflections, and flash off. Always takes several attempts  =D

adverse

Johnny5, yeah it's wide screen: 22".  Useful for doing work with documents as well as tate-ing.

Quote from: zap on September 05, 2008, 04:59:06 AM

adverse: You can get VGA splitters at any big electronic store, like Yodobashi or Bic. I bought one recently for 3000 yen, but there might be cheaper ones. Need to sell it soon though since I realized I need like 4 VGA ports.
Did you build the rotatable arm yourself?

I picked up the arm on Nipponbashi, you can find it at the good Sofmaps with a lot of stuff. 
Gonna pick up a VGA splitter, hopefully that will solve my set up problem.  I used a VGA switch for a sec but that created ghosting on my screen which was no good.

zap

Quote from: adverse on September 05, 2008, 10:24:19 AM

Gonna pick up a VGA splitter, hopefully that will solve my set up problem.  I used a VGA switch for a sec but that created ghosting on my screen which was no good.
Uhh... so that's what causing it. I have a switch (what's the difference btw splitters?) and I've noticed green ghosting since I bought it last week. Especially with black big text on white background.

jpj

nice cabs guys

although player two might have a disadvantage round your house markedkiller   ;)

jonny5

Quote from: SuperPang on September 05, 2008, 06:52:57 AM

is that an astro 2??

never seen one in such a good shot....the speaker panel is way different

very nice

i just have to get off my ass now and paint the speaker overlay on my older cab...cuz its yellowed and the new cab is pristine white....

the body on the older one is pretty much mint.....i cleaned the shit out of it and touched up the paint....

but that would mean i would have to stop playing long enough to do it....lolz

EOJ

Quote from: SuperPang on September 05, 2008, 06:52:57 AM

Do you play Deathsmiles on that? I know you have some other cabs.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

thamasha69

Here is the basic setup:

And most of the gaming takes place here:

SuperPang

QuoteDo you play Deathsmiles on that? I know you have some other cabs.
I played that on this

Which is now in another room playing SFZ2A  :laugh:

KOMA

I think you have the most beautifull cabs collections Mr Pang!imo :righton:

markedkiller78

Quote from: jpj on September 05, 2008, 01:42:03 PM
nice cabs guys

although player two might have a disadvantage round your house markedkiller   ;)

Thanks JPJ, I've got that sorted now thanks to the Oxtsu's group buy over at Smups :) 4 new sticks, 4 start buttons, 2 coin slots & 12 bolt things. The cabs will be tip top for my new games  :righton:

Sonic R

My humble dungeon?

My daughter playing Raiden Fighters

gsl

Totally OT, but adverse, did you put that fixie together yourself, or buy it as-is?  I found an old Azuki 10-speed frame at the local thrift store for $5 (precisely because the frame is about the only part of the bike that's not rusted or bent) that I'm converting as an end-of-summer project.

adverse

Quote from: gsl on September 11, 2008, 05:55:13 PM
Totally OT, but adverse, did you put that fixie together yourself, or buy it as-is?  I found an old Azuki 10-speed frame at the local thrift store for $5 (precisely because the frame is about the only part of the bike that's not rusted or bent) that I'm converting as an end-of-summer project.

What the fuck!  $5??  Great price.  Does it look like this: http://oldtenspeedgallery.com/blog/wp-content/bikes/owner-submitted/brian-silver-azuki-10-speed-01.jpg ?

You're gonna make it into a fixie?  My bike is just a single speed on a Nagasawa track frame.  Not a huge fan of riding fixed myself, especially since I only do city riding.  Incidentally, my bike was put together by Mr. Nagasawa himself, or more specifically I went out to his workshop and he fit me for it.  But the only thing on the bike remaining since he built it are the Mavic wheels.  Everything else: tires, handlebars, grips, seat etc. I bought later and changed out.

Lemme know if you need any obscure Japanese parts.  :righton:

bitkid

I gotta stay away from these kind of threads. I start getting such bad cab lust.  >:D
Now that I got a pretty good job though I'm saving up for my first cab.

lowemark