Main Menu

Cave kits thread

Started by EOJ, December 10, 2007, 04:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyuzo

Quote from: brentsg on February 04, 2011, 01:32:58 PM
I just obtained a NOS Espgaluda kit. 

The flyer pack has 50 flyers in it.. counted them.   :facepalm:

Also, on the bottom of the flyer pack was this letter.  I have no idea what it says.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2089470/Espgaluda%20Letter.pdf

It's a request to arcade operators to please distribute the flyers. It just has some introductory info for their cell phone games/website to convince people the flyers are worth putting out

SuperPang

I've kinda stopped caring about posters but what does the B1 DFK BL poster look like? I don't recall seeing one.

brentsg

Quote from: SuperPang on March 11, 2011, 12:34:13 PM
I've kinda stopped caring about posters but what does the B1 DFK BL poster look like? I don't recall seeing one.

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=723.msg14295#msg14295

SuperPang

Want. Did it get a Matsuri run did you know? I'm guessing not as I only recall the B2 version.

brentsg

Quote from: SuperPang on March 11, 2011, 01:34:09 PM
Want. Did it get a Matsuri run did you know? I'm guessing not as I only recall the B2 version.

It did not, just the B2 like you mentioned.

It's a very cool poster.  I like when they bother to use some game screen shots and avoid almost naked young girls.

SuperPang

Had a space suitable for the B2 version so went with that :righton: I'll put a wanted thread up for completists sake anyway :whyioughtta:

brentsg

How'd you do that so fast?  I've taken a couple runs at framing the B1 version but the custom framing scared me off both times.

I'll try again soon.

SuperPang

=D I had the matsuri poster and a spare frame. My custom frames cost a fortune but they're so worth it.

trev1976

Dandy_Sephy

Does the Mushi Tama kit have different ball colours or should they all be pink and blue like the page 1 example? My used kit came today and had White and orange balls, I just wondered if they were different from box to box or if these were replacements

SuperPang

EOJ

I found all my old kit pics and will put them up in the main post soon. Man, some of them were really beautiful, and all were mint and complete. Seeing them again brings back memories, and a bit of regret for selling some of them.

EDIT: Done.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I'm going to start uploading close-up pics of the kits I owned many years ago. Here are pics of a MFBL box:

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Complete Mushihimesama Futari 1.0 > 1.5 upgrade kit.

My score archive

EOJ

I found a pic of the inside of a SDOJ box (first posted on Cave's now defunct blog site in April 2012):

I noticed there is a cutaway in the box insert to hold the PCB feet (that is actually really cool). Was SDOJ the first game to have this? I have a Cave/Annex box with my MFBLA kit, and it does not have this cutaway in the insert.
My score archive

EOJ

Updated with more info/corrections. Still need pics of several kits, if anyone would like to help out.  :righton:
My score archive

supabok

Quote from: EOJ on March 15, 2019, 06:20:27 PM
Updated with more info/corrections. Still need pics of several kits, if anyone would like to help out.  :righton:
I have a full Esprade kit with matching serials (pcb & box). I have the poster as well so I can snap a few pics if you want.

poo

peg

Quote from: supabok on March 17, 2019, 11:52:51 AM
I have a full Esprade kit with matching serials (pcb & box). I have the poster as well so I can snap a few pics if you want.

Hey I'd like to see that, specifically what the box looks like.  I'm trying to confirm if the DonPachi, DDP, and ESP RA.DE. kit boxes are all the same or not.

SuperPang

Quote from: peg on September 06, 2019, 03:00:55 PM
Hey I'd like to see that, specifically what the box looks like.  I'm trying to confirm if the DonPachi, DDP, and ESP RA.DE. kit boxes are all the same or not.
DDP and ESP RaDe are the same. DP is probably a similar but shorter Atlus box but I've never seen one with matching serials.

peg

Am I correct in saying that the Reco figure that comes with the limited edition PS2 game is the same as the one in the Mushihime-Tama kit?  They look identical to me, can anyone confirm that they are the same?

Also, there appears to be 2 different versions of the Deathsmiles skeleton thing...I know it sounds crazy but they look slightly different.  One has black lines filled in on the body and the other doesn't, there is also a different pull tab thing on the top of it's head.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1861/2927/products/P2200110_1024x1024@2x.JPG?v=1557488979
https://spinzshowroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Squelette.jpg

SuperPang

Quote from: peg on September 07, 2019, 06:24:20 PM
Am I correct in saying that the Reco figure that comes with the limited edition PS2 game is the same as the one in the Mushihime-Tama kit?  They look identical to me, can anyone confirm that they are the same?
Correct.

Quote from: peg on September 07, 2019, 06:24:20 PM
Also, there appears to be 2 different versions of the Deathsmiles skeleton thing...I know it sounds crazy but they look slightly different.  One has black lines filled in on the body and the other doesn't, there is also a different pull tab thing on the top of it's head.
I think these were promotional items for some pirate medal game thing.

peg

What about this:

The tag attached to the skeleton is clearly says Deathsmiles.

EOJ

FWIW I bought a few brand new DS kits back in the day, and none of them came with that skeleton thing. So if you want it just to have it, cool, but I wouldn't consider it part of the kit.
My score archive

SuperPang

I think perhaps theres a DS skeleton and one for the pirate game then. It wasn't an official part of the kit, they were handed out at AOU/JAMMA. Leftovers may have been added to kits by certain suppliers.

supabok

Sorry for the delay in responding as I just noticed this...
here are some pics of the Esprade kit with matching serials. Too lazy to take out the poster and snap a pic together ;)

peg

Thanks!  That definitely looks different from my DonPachi box, although I'm not sure the box I have is the "standard" one as I have nothing to compare it to.

Quote from: supabok on October 09, 2019, 06:03:01 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding as I just noticed this...
here are some pics of the Esprade kit with matching serials. Too lazy to take out the poster and snap a pic together ;)

peg

Still looking for pics of DonPachi and DDP boxes if anyone has one?  I have a DonPachi (first development version) boxed kit but I don't know if it uses the same box as the normal version.  I remember seeing a DDP box a long time ago but alas I do not have a picture of it.