The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Yeah, it's one of those threads where we post the recent cool stuff we've bought.
Nearly every forum has one, so I thought why not.

I'll start! Today in the mail I got a big package from Play-asia:

-Japanese Xbox 360 Arcade pack
-Raiden Fighters Aces
-Lost Odyssey (Chinese language version, so I can practice my Chinese)
-Hori Xbox 360 turbo pad

Thankfully the Xbox 360 is one of the newer Falcon models (as evidenced by the 175w on the power brick), manufactured in Feb 2008, so hopefully it won't crap out on me in a few months. Too bad it's still loud as fuck. My PS3 doesn't make a peep, but this thing is like a leafblower. I don't remember my previous Xbox 360 being so loud.:whyioughtta:

I've only played Raiden Fighters Aces a bit, but so far I'm pretty impressed. The graphics look fine on my LCD, and the port is superb. Haven't had it freeze or any other glitches yet either. I need someone to make me an RGB cable so I can play this on my Sony PVM monitor though...

The hori pad is awesome by the way! The d-pad is superb.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Sycada

ok I'll bite,

I recently picked up the first 4 Silent Hill games for Ps1 and 2 cheap on ebay because I felt like revisiting the series and haven't played any of them since they each came out. It's been a fun ride so far and since all I've played for the last month is Futari, it's been a big change of pace.
I've also picked up gta4 for ps3 like all the other drones. ;) I like it but its definately overhyped imo.

cannonball

I bought GTA4 for the 360 last weekend, and I have a Death Smiles PCB on the way.  I'm done buying games for a while :P

MX7

Astro Boy for GBA, hoorah! Got a good price too, and it's pretty minty. The game itself is cool, kind of like Alien Soldier. Makes me want Treasure to do a proper Alien Soldier sequel fo DS.

RGC

Batsugun for a Saturn I don't yet own. :oops:

jpj

i've been playing virtua tennis 1 for dreamcast for about a month  :lol:
trying to 1CC it on maximum difficulty without losing a game  :o  secret boss is a pain the ass, though
and a bit of pro evo 4, advance wars 2, and SFII on the side.

KOMA

Just bought MGS2 substance,Killer 7 and planning to buy MGS4 of course!:D
La.Li.Lu.Le.Lo

drboom

Been playing a whole lot of Disgaea, Super Paper Mario and Persona 3 FES, all of which I just got in the last few weeks. FES is great, but focuses alot on the dungeon crawling stuff, which is great, but I did really enjoy the dating sim stuff from the original game.
Trying to get Futari 1.5 at the mo...:D

Sperrfeuer

GTA IV rulez!!!!:righton: Xbox 360
Wii-Fit WII
Time crisis 4 PS3
Contra 4 DS (hope it's here tomorrow...)

EOJ

Quote from: SperrfeuerTime crisis 4 PS3
Is this worth buying?
My score archive

thegreathopper

I have just bought Mario All stars for my USA snes Also bought these two for the second time Espgaluda and  Espgaluda 2 pcb's

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: EOJ
Quote from: SperrfeuerTime crisis 4 PS3
Is this worth buying?
if you like games like this....yes...
i would love to see a new HotD on a console :righton:

Sperrfeuer

silent hill origins PSP :oogle:
OL2 PGM2 KIT (on the way to me :righton:)

toby

Futari 1.5 kit :D, Dragonblaze PCB and a Gamest DDP C-S VHS incoming. I should probably cancel my SMJ account now, it's costing me way to much money. :(

cannonball

Quote from: tobyFutari 1.5 kit :D
nice :D

GaijinPunch

I've been playing Senjou no Valkyria... my only PS3 game.  It is very, very good.  I'm quite happy with the purchase.

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: SperrfeuerContra 4 DS (hope it's here tomorrow...)
got it today! almost 1 month later :lol:
and Battle Fantasia PS3....... i can't help the graphic style reminds me to Dolphin Blue :shock: (thanks SP and GP BTW)

Sonic R

This past weekend I had purchased:

The Monkey King: The Legend Begins for the Nintendo Wii?
Let me just say the game is EASY on defaults, I was able to 1LC both normal and story modes.

for EOJ:
is this the Hori pad you have for the Xbox 360?

Perhaps I may purchase one?

EOJ

Yes, I have that Hori pad. It's really good for 2D games! About 100x better than the standard X360 pad's d-pad.
My score archive

Sonic R

Quote from: EOJYes, I have that Hori pad. It's really good for 2D games! About 100x better than the standard X360 pad's d-pad.
Thanks for reply and impressions! :righton:
I will seek one out soon enough.  The standard 360 dpad is rubbish indeed :laugh:

Shalashaska

Bought the standard joe-shmoe stuff recently, GTA IV and MGS 4 (of course). The pile of games I own but have never played continues to steadily grow..... :rolleyes:

bitkid

Just bought some Japanese arcade parts to put into the latest custom stick build. Bought a PS2 and a copy of Rez.

jaycm1

Just brought esprade PCB for the second time great price from excellent.com really love this game sounds silly but I prefer it to both espgaludas and its a fraction of the price :righton:

Eight One

I've been Wii'n it up lately...

This weekend I got:

Mario Kart Wii (I'll post my Friend Code later)
Wii Zapper (Ghost Squad is fun!)
Winds Of Thunder (Yes, from the Shopping Channel, but hey-I don't have to drag out my Duo)

My wife'll kill me from even buying *this* much.:oops:

Geeb

Kirby AirRide, about a month or so ago. Good stuff.

jpj

mushi-tama and a custom built arcade stick for dreamcast.

paypal makes it too easy to buy stuff  :whyioughtta:

elf

jaycm1

EOJ

This thread needs more pics!

Tears to Tiara (JP PS3). Only played about a half hour, but seems like a good story-driven SRPG.
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

bought this ~!

Sometimes I think it's a little too hard, at least when you're getting to know the game, but the gameplay is incredibly cool. I wish they had reworked the environments to make them look incredible though.