Main Menu

EOJ

Started by EOJ, January 17, 2011, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I put the replay of my Deathsmiles II X-Mode Follett 11.6 bil ALL (TLB) run on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy8eCnQz-NU

This run was done way back in September 2010.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

For a change of pace I gave B-Shot a whirl in SDOJ today and somehow cleared it for the first time (with this ship type). Decent score too.

Finished with one spare life and two bombs. Dumb death near the end kept me from 9bil.

My score archive

EOJ

Finally cleared SDOJ with C-Shot today! Definitely the hardest of the bunch.

5,858,305,362 - ALL (Lx1, Bx0)

My score archive

EOJ

First laser 1CC!

5,380,025,621 - B-Laser

That was one of my goals this year. Next up are C-Laser and A-Laser. Then I'll move on to Expert mode!
My score archive

EOJ

Got the C-Laser clear today.

Moving on to A-Laser now. :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

A-Laser didn't take long to clear!

Now that I've 1CC'd it with all shot and laser types, I am going to focus on one of them for score and try and learn some Expert mode strategies.
My score archive

EOJ

Tiny increase in my C-Shot score today:

I've decided to stick with this ship type for awhile and try and learn how to score well with it. I didn't use the port's training mode to help me get any of these SDOJ 1CCs because I wanted to do it the old school arcade way (it's a lot of fun, and very fulfilling). But I think I'll start practicing stage 5 now!

My score archive

EOJ

Another update on my SDOJ C-Shot score today:

This is the first credit I played in the past few weeks. I had been playing DFK BL, MMP and Futari BL Maniac during this time.
My score archive

EOJ

A modest increase in my SDOJ C-S score:

No miss to the ST4 boss, with one death there. 3.8bil at the end of ST4. ST5 was poor with many mistakes. Cleared it with one extra life and one bomb left. Getting more consistent with clearing it with C-S!
My score archive

EOJ

First SDOJ credit in over a month and I got new PB with C-Shot:

A rather sloppy run overall, but a much better ST5 than I usually get, which evened things out a bit. Blew a chance for 8bil at the last minute with a death on the ST5 boss.
My score archive

EOJ

Last score of 2021 from me.

SDOJ
8,348,021,102 - A-Shot - ALL (Lx1, Bx2) - Autobomb OFF

Sort of a laughable end to this run. I was on the last phase of the ST5 Boss, had a level 4 hyper in stock and one bomb. I moved in and activated the hyper to finish off the boss, but must have been a split second too late, since my autobomb went off, quickly followed by a death as I stared at the screen in disbelief. If not for that bizarre mistake this would have been over 9bil.

Happy New Year!
My score archive

EOJ

This year I plan to focus on scoring goals for SDOJ A-Shot/C-Shot, DFK BL B-Power, DFK 1.5 C-Power/C-Strong, and Muchi Muchi Pork. To that end, I've been practicing stages in SDOJ (X360), particularly different ST3 patterns. Here's a run I did in between practice sessions today.

9,024,663,909 - A-Shot - Lx2, Bx0

That's my best score on the (much easier) X360 version to date.
My score archive

EOJ

Finally broke the 10bil barrier on the X360 port today.  :)

10,739,033,683 - A-Shot- ALL (Lx2, Bx0)

Still need a lot of practice on ST5 and some more refinements to my ST3 pattern.
My score archive

EOJ

For a change of pace I played a credit of Muchi Muchi Pork (PCB) Harahara mode today and got a new high score with Rafute.

I made it up to the first midboss in ST5.

My score archive

EOJ

I did a couple SDOJ Novice Expert 1CCs yesterday and today, which have been on my 'to do' list for awhile. Not too hard, really, about the same difficulty as a 1CC with Laser in the original game.

7,354,833,834 - C-EXPERT (Lx0, Bx0)
10,254,907,887 - B-EXPERT (Lx0, Bx1)

I know this has been said before but Novice Expert really is a gem, and is one of the many excellent reasons to own the SDOJ port.

My score archive

EOJ

I finally bought an arcade stick for my PS4 (Hori Rap Pro N. Hayabusa) in order to start playing Gunnail (PS4) properly, and I'm really hooked on the game. I got over 10 million today (currently #11 on the online rankings), so I thought I'd post the score.

12,374,600 - Stage 8

My score archive

EOJ

I've been practicing MFBL Maniac these days, but I took a break and fired up DFK BL for a change of pace. I had not played C-Strong in over six months, so I gave it a go, and beat my old score by about 60bil in my first credit!

I made it past the second midboss in ST5, with a game over right after the bomb carrier. A death on the stage 1 boss too.  :laugh:

EDIT: Here's the video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y0_l3m_a6E
My score archive

EOJ

I practiced stage 5 in DFK BL with C-Strong for a few hours yesterday and today. I have learned the stage fairly well (surprisingly, it did not take very long). My best score in training mode today was 325 billion, with over 42,000 hits:

With my current patterns and sufficient ST4 boss milking I think I could get about 500 billion in the first four stages, so I'm aiming for an 800+ billion 1CC.
My score archive

EOJ

I practiced DFK BL ST4 with C-Strong a bit today and got 377 billion. I'm pretty consistent with this pattern now.

With some tweaks I should be able to get 400 billion. Plus 200 billion in the first three stages.
My score archive

EOJ

I keep going back and forth between C-Strong and C-Power in DFK 1.5, as I like them both. Currently I'm focusing on C-Power. I finally learned Stage 5. In training mode today I got 208 million in the stage, with a complete chain. I used one hyper after the second midboss, but with some more practice I should be able to get through that section without it, increasing my score further.

My score archive

EOJ

I did a couple full runs in DFK 1.5 today after several days of practicing different stages in Training mode, and got a new high score in the Omote loop.

273,116,159,530 - C-Power

266 mil in the first loop. Chain breaks in ST3 (beginning) and ST4 (in the section after the midboss). But I managed to chain ST5, so I'm happy with that.

I'm starting to learn Omote loop patterns so I will focus on that for the near future. I think Ura is too hard for me to 1CC at present, but I could realistically 1CC Omote with sufficient practice.
My score archive

EOJ

I did an Ura loop run and got 258 bil, beating my old score by 42 bil:

258,837,769,655 - 2-4

My score archive

EOJ

I got over 400bil in Stage 5 (C-Strong, DFK BL) in Training Mode today. :righton:

My score archive

EOJ

Man, practicing stage 5 the past few weeks really paid off. I nearly doubled my high score with C-Strong in DFK BL today! I also beat my best score with B-Strong by over 100 billion.

871,002,324,612 - Stage 5 (Boss)

This was a really nice run in all respects, I almost beat the ST5 boss too, but it would have been game over on Golden Disaster. I need to conserve at least one spare life for that. I played ST5 more conservatively than usual (quick hypers were used to survive several tricky parts). I saved the replay, of course, and I will upload that soon. :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

I'm back to C-Strong in DFK 1.5, practicing each stage. I got a new high score today, and my first time in the Ura loop with this ship/shot type. I also chained Stage 1-5 from start to finish, though a couple "safety" hypers were used in the middle to keep things going. Costly chain breaks in Stages 1-3 and 1-4 kept me from 200+bil. 159 bil first loop.

166,699,251,918 - C-Strong - Ura - EX Boss

Game over at Golden Disaster. I have not practiced the Ura loop much with Strong style. Stage 2-5 is quite the challenge! But with some practice I think I can get through it without so many bombs.
My score archive

EOJ

I've been playing my DFK 1.5 PCB a bit this week and got some new scores with C-Strong in the Omote and Ura loops.

Omote:
113,271,539,707 - 2-ALL

Ura:
147,172,264,073 - EX Boss

I also gave A-Strong a whirl in DFK BL.

My score archive

EOJ

An increase in my DFK 1.5 Omote Loop score with C-Strong (X360):

161,530,033,278 - 2-ALL

In a different run I also got up the last phase of Hibachi in the Ura Loop, but couldn't quite pull out the clear (score was around 155bil).
My score archive

EOJ

I tried out Autobomb ON in DFK BL with C-Strong today, and nearly beat the ST5 boss on my first try:

Unlike DFK 1.5, you increase your bomb stock not by dying but (like in DFK BL with Autobomb OFF) by collecting a bomb item while your bomb stock is full. Another interesting thing is when you autobomb your hyper does not stop (unlike DFK 1.5).

Scoring is quite difficult with Autobomb ON and obviously there is no way to score near the Autobomb OFF scores, but as its own score challenge (sort of like the Omote and Ura loops in DFK 1.5), it is pretty fun.
My score archive

EOJ

I got up to the EX BOSS (Golden Disaster) with Autobomb ON! Just one or two bombs away from the 1CC.

My score archive

EOJ

I got the 1CC with Autobomb ON! Pretty big score increase too. I saved the replay and I'll upload it later today or tomorrow.

DFK BL - C-Strong (X360)

EDIT: Here is the replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkb0RrrZag
My score archive