September 2011 Competition - Futari God with Palm

Started by Aliquantic, August 25, 2011, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aliquantic

The competition starts today and ends on September 31 at 11pm, and the game is Mushihimesama Futari God Mode with Palm only. Good luck!

I will open up a poll for the October competition on September 20, so feel free to suggest games to play next when you post your scores (the results will be hidden until September 31 this time).

Ranking:
1. GUS - 4,025,671,922 - ALL Lx1
2. CSF - 1,472,612,208 - Stage 4
3. TJB - 1,028,112,841 - Stage 4
4. Aliquantic - 924,888,782 - Stage 3

Aliquantic

How has everyone been doing? I've played for a few hours now and reached my preliminary target of getting 700m and reaching stage 4, but I proceeded to waste my last two lives right afterwards  :facepalm: The bosses are still pretty painful, but the stages aren't so bad now, even stage 1 which had been my nightmare at first!

Aliquantic - 722,407,817 - Stage 4

TimingTripod40

I actually just started this today after about 2 months of nothing but 1.5 Ultra. 700m after a few good hours is pretty good as that's what my score was after my first week with the game but in the grand scheme that's about what you should be getting about halfway through stage 2. The best way to get good in this is to just watch some replays and copy the best strategies and find easier (though not always as effective) ways of doing the ones you can't. Obviously there's sst badnest's replay and it's amazing but there's also some really good 4b ones on the Palm leaderboard from guys right around our skill level.

I'd especially recommend that if you're still having trouble with the bosses. Larsa still gives me problems even after all my playtime but all the other ones I can consistently take down with 1 bomb at most.

tjb

Oh boy

Had a bit of a break from STGs (mostly because I kept playing IIDX and we're 5 years late on getting ITG at a nearby arcade) but I'll try to post something in the coming weeks, last time I tried god I think I made it to stage 2 so don't expect much haha

I think I'll be pretty happy if I can reach st3 :V

cstarflare

Quote from: tjb on September 06, 2011, 08:02:33 PM
mostly because I kept playing IIDX

lost a good 4 years of my life to that game :V

anyway

CSF -1,374,876,970 - Stage 3 Boss

I think I need to just start bombing through most of the stage 2 boss. I can't kill it fast enough to avoid taking a hit on his final attack, and his second section gets pretty nasty too. Usually lose one life on that boss, minimum.

tjb

Quote from: cstarflare on September 06, 2011, 10:47:58 PM
Quote from: tjb on September 06, 2011, 08:02:33 PM
mostly because I kept playing IIDX

lost a good 4 years of my life to that game :V

3 years lost as of October haha, hit kaiden earlier this year and my interest has started to dwindle, all the good players in Australia quit long ago >:

also that was a short lived goal, reached st3 on my 2nd credit and rammed a stray bullet, ill throw something down now and hopefully have a decent improvement come Monday

TJB - 439,813,803 - Stage 3

Aliquantic

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on September 04, 2011, 02:04:22 PMfrom guys right around our skill level.

I'm afraid we're not really on the same level when it comes down to sheer dodging skills and consistency :P I can get the 700m extend by late stage 2 and have done so in my "best" run so far (featuring a meltdown right afterwards on stage 3), but I'm finding it very hard to be consistent at most things in God, though that might have more to do with nervousness than anything else...

I've had a pretty annoying visual glitch on the stage 2 boss a couple of times resulting in more deaths due to distraction too... has anyone else seen it?

TimingTripod40

Quote from: cstarflare on September 06, 2011, 10:47:58 PM
I think I need to just start bombing through most of the stage 2 boss. I can't kill it fast enough to avoid taking a hit on his final attack, and his second section gets pretty nasty too. Usually lose one life on that boss, minimum.

Yeah, that boss was actually a big wall for a long time for me. If you've already seen the way those guys in the replays handle it all I can say is to keep practicing it. Also just for fun try playing the 1.5 Ultra version of it. The slowdown-heavy God mode version will suddenly seem a lot easier.

Quote from: Aliquantic on September 07, 2011, 07:51:28 AM
Quote from: TimingTripod40 on September 04, 2011, 02:04:22 PMfrom guys right around our skill level.

I'm afraid we're not really on the same level when it comes down to sheer dodging skills and consistency :P I can get the 700m extend by late stage 2 and have done so in my "best" run so far (featuring a meltdown right afterwards on stage 3), but I'm finding it very hard to be consistent at most things in God, though that might have more to do with nervousness than anything else...

I've had a pretty annoying visual glitch on the stage 2 boss a couple of times resulting in more deaths due to distraction too... has anyone else seen it?

Trust me this game is a joke compared to DOJ. It's not like those guys in the replays did it on first credit. They practiced for months, watched every replay they could get their hands on, and had many failed runs before that getting that really good one you see. Those problems with consistency can only be fixed by continuing to play. It also helps to save and watch replays of those nervous runs and compare the mistakes in them to what you do in practice runs to avoid replicating them next time.

As for the visual glitch I don't think I have but I think they won't show up so much if you keep your 360 well ventilated.

cstarflare

CSF - 1,410,240,403 - Stage 4

Small improvement.

Is it possible to get the extra enemies after the stage 2 midboss with Palm? I can't seem to kill him fast enough (ZAP doesn't seem to try), though I'll probably bomb him regardless because he always kills me.

TimingTripod40

Definitely not possible. I've tried. And yeah, bombing him is a good idea and provided you kill him with a red counter it won't dig into your score at all.

cstarflare

Sounds good.

CSF - 1,472,612,208 - Stage 4

Inching forward. Most of my deaths in this run were stupid; but I got through the stage 3 boss on one life with one bomb, and I've got the second boss down to one bomb as well. 

I'd like to break 2 bil before the end of the month. Or 3 bil. Whatever.

TimingTripod40

Nice progress man. I haven't posted a score yet but I'm working on it. I wouldn't want to disappoint you guys lol.

TimingTripod40

Pretty far off from the grand return I was hoping with lots of horrible and laughable mistakes throughout but still posting it to give you guys something to shoot for

GUS - 3,799,364,632 - Stage 5 (Boss)

tjb

That's a pretty damn good score GUS :V

Played a few credits today, I get way too anxious playing on god. Made so many mistakes first few credits but my best on st1 is just 1 bomb no miss, st2 and st3 aren't TOO bad, it's the bosses that I need to practice on big time.

TJB - 1,028,112,841 - Stage 4

Stage 4 was a lot easier than I had anticipated, I was about 10 seconds from the boss, went through the entire stage on one bomb and one life.

I think once I work on my st1/2 a lot more I can drag my way into st4 with about 1.4bil, bit of work on the bosses and maybe enter st5 with 2bil

we'll see!

TimingTripod40

GUS - 4,025,671,922 - ALL Lx1

Goal reached. Actually got a score almost identical to this a few hours beforehand except I choked horribly on Larsa. Hopefully people who watch the replay will see how I've improved on the fight.