The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

I've been playing Espgaluda II a lot lately.  I'm not even going to mention my top score right now it's that pathetic :laugh: I wish there was a way to go in and practice a stage or boss.  I just break down on stage 3 boss and stage 4 I just play for survival until I game over on the stage 4 boss.

jpj

Quote from: drboom
Quote from: jpjuo poko

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Nothing wrong with that - I've been playing mine as well. Pretty good, but I'm interested to see how good Mushihimetama is and if it moves the game on some.
me too, but it auctions cheaply so i'm gonna be patient for that one (seen mint kits go for ?120).  feel free to post an uo poko score too!  :D  my high score table is lonely  :|

EOJ

Mushi tama is a lot of fun, but pretty difficult. Totally worth it for $200-$300, but I wouldn't pay much more for it than that (I wouldn't pay more for ANY puzzle game than that!).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

really?  i love puzzle games.  i bought a japanese psp at launch to play lumines  :oops:
got a pretty good resale value on a 1.0 firmware too ;) :righton:

i like the idea of mushi tama having boss fights - are they lame though?

EOJ

I love puzzle games too, I just wouldn't pay more than $200-$300 for a single one.;)

The boss fights in Mushi Tama are fun - fast and reflex-based.
My score archive

Kaede

After having it sit on my shelf for what seems like an age, the impending release of Daifukkatsu has inspired me to have a proper crack at DOJ.

It is not going well so far.

I think a rank-managing 1st loop clear might be do-able but I don't have the time, energy or patience for 'another Ikaruga'.

It is a quality game though.

Sperrfeuer

Death smiles :D
It is really fun as it is not as hard as other cave shmups....i could reach the last boss after the first 3 or 4 credits :oogle: and played only 1 stage @ level 1...but i need more practise for a good score now :P graphics and sound are awesome..graphics are possibly the best i've seen so far :D

EOJ

Mushi Futari 1.5 ULTRA MODE with RECO. I watched SWY's replay a few times today, studying some patterns, and I got a new high of 110mil with Reco, up to the stage 2 boss.:)

I'm also still playing Mushi Futari BL God mode, but for some reason I'm finding Ultra mode more alluring for the time being...
My score archive

EOJ

I'm back to Mushi Futari BL Maniac mode, going for the 700+mil clear. I came pretty damn close just a minute ago, lost an easy 40-50mil on Stage 2, another 30mil on stage 3, but still got to the last boss with 660mil. Too bad I had no lives left. :laugh: If I could keep everything together from start to finish, I'd have over 700mil by the last boss, then possibly close to 800mil with a clear.
My score archive

jpj

other than showing my friends uo poko i don't think i've touched a cave game for over a month  :oops:  maybe more

freddiebamboo

ESPGaluda (jpj tatty comp), not the easiest game to settle back into after a wee haitus :mad:

A whole hour to get 2mil on the first stage - I forgot how much planning this game needs, I remember it as being easy...

Sycada

It's all about Futari 1.5 in maniac mode for me now.
This is my first PCB purchase experience and I absolutely love it, definately one I'll be playing for quite a while.

henry dark

Mushi Black Label!

I'm determined to make this my first 1CC. Sadly I can only play a couple of credits a week so it might take a while...

Harlequin

Trying out all the PS2 Ports, love Mushi, Love ESP. Love to Hate DOJ :P

Ibara is the best of the lot tho :lol:

Harlequin

Sperrfeuer

after a long break Futari BL again...Now i can get ~47M stage 1  and ~190M stage 2 (pretty good for me :laugh: ) , but i HATE the 2nd half of Level 3 :whyioughtta:

KOMA

Original or maniac?
I'm still on it too after playing MMP.....working on maniac.

EOJ

Pink Sweets. I'm ridiculously addicted to this at the moment. Still determined to get the infinite lives to kick in on a normal run. Been so close a few times. If I can 1CC Futari BL's God mode, I think I should be able to do this!:laugh:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

You flip-flop on Pink Sweets more than most politicians.

RGC

ESPGaluda2 !

Pretty much the only game (Cave, or other) I've fired up in the last month. I'm so close to the next big jump score-wise - it's just that mega frustrating period, y'know?

drboom

Back to Mushihimesama for the 1cc on original, then maniac. I got to the second half of stage 5 (a ways past the midboss) with 2 early (and stupid) deaths, so I feel pretty good about 1cc'ing it soon.
I really like Maniac, but it just didn't seem right to 1cc Maniac before Original.

henry dark

Ibara.

Either this game is very hard or I am just very bad.

KOMA

I'm back to Death Smiles.Need to get the 200M like my french comrade did :D

EOJ

Back to MFBL God mode for me, but this time with Palm. I'm trying to get better with him, following the ST2 vid recently posted. Would like to get an ALL with each character!
My score archive

jaycm1

playing guwange my favourite cave title so far not very good at it  trying to get past stage 3 on 1 credit:)

Sycada

Onto Futari original mode now since I might actually have a hope in hell of 1ccing it one day :oops:
but I've gotta stop this problem I keep having with the 2nd half of stage 3, I always manage to screw up there just enough to screw me over for the rest of my game, strangely I have very little trouble with stage 4......

drboom

A f**kload of Futari. Love this game. Got to the 4th stage end boss yesterday and I'm going to push for the 1CC in Original.

Deity

Currently playing DDP DOJ (the PS2 port). This game is absolutely amazing. I guess I'll have to start saving money for a cabinet and a DDP DOJ kit. :)

jpj

Quote from: DeityCurrently playing DDP DOJ (the PS2 port). This game is absolutely amazing. I guess I'll have to start saving money for a cabinet and a DDP DOJ kit. :)
great game!

and welcome to the forum :)

lowemark

Deity

Quote from: jpjgreat game!

and welcome to the forum :)
Thanks!