Main Menu

CRT Shopping!!

Started by TheSoundofRed, December 01, 2010, 09:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSoundofRed

Hello,

I'm relatively new to posting on the forums, although I've lurked around for quite some time. I finally made the plunge and purchased a Japanese 360 along with my copy of DDP DFK 1.5 which should be shipped anytime now. I've been playing Futari 1.5 and Guwange on my US 360 and my HDTV and am not quite feeling it. Having played both Futari and DFK on arcade cabs I'm looking for as close to that experience as possible, thus wanting to pick up a CRT (CONCLUSION!).

I've been looking on ebay and craigslist for anything resembling a CRT with VGA input but can't seem to tell what would be best. A monitor or TV? It seems I can only find CRT monitors with VGA inputs. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate the help. I can't afford a cab and this seems to be the next best thing to the authentic arcade experience.

drunkninja

If you can track down something like an NEC XM29, that'd be the next best thing to a cab.  It has VGA inputs and supports up to 1280x1024, and it also supports RGB low res if you ever want to get into PCBs with a supergun or something.