Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu IPHONE version [August 26th, 2010]

Started by KEIKO, July 16, 2010, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorakyura

Played it several times yesterday and I?m really happy: To see if the problem was really solved I set the controls for Laser from "switch" to "hold" which was quite unplayable before ? for me anyway. Result: Button responsiveness is great now :righton:

However, I noticed something: In few situations my right index finger (moving the ship) is not recognized which confuses the game thinking that my left thumb is controlling the ship. In order to get it moving again with the right index finger I have to lift my thumb for a second. This is probably due to my index finger's nail touching the glass when I'm playing ? that way it slides faster and smoother but also doesn't have as much contact with capacitive sensors.

Anyways, it plays even better now ? can't wait to get back home and have another go =D

BTW: Why is DDP R that huge in terms of size (486 MB) compared to ESPII (90 MB)?

moozooh

Quote from: dorakyura on September 15, 2010, 02:35:42 AMBTW: Why is DDP R that huge in terms of size (486 MB) compared to ESPII (90 MB)?
Most likely due to PCM soundtrack.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

njiska

Finally got to play some and I'm loving it. The movement controls are very smooth and precise, but how exactly do I get the advanced controls? I want my shot on/off, etc.

Also I've noticed now that we have multitasking it's quite easy to make the game crash on start up. Important to keep unwanted background apps closed.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

LRussolo

Quote from: njiska on September 18, 2010, 08:23:20 PM
Finally got to play some and I'm loving it. The movement controls are very smooth and precise, but how exactly do I get the advanced controls? I want my shot on/off, etc.

Also I've noticed now that we have multitasking it's quite easy to make the game crash on start up. Important to keep unwanted background apps closed.

Goto Options / Button Layout, on the bottom right there is a button that says Next, hit that. You'll see options for Laser Control / Hyper Counter / Shot Off.

njiska

skykid

Quote from: Shalashaska on September 15, 2010, 12:01:32 AM
Tried the new patch in 2 games (arcade and i-phone mode). Whenever I got a hyper my ship would become unresponsive and just sit there until I tapped around like crazy. Bring on patch #3?  :whyioughtta:

I have the same problem. If you're using a hold button to laser config try switching to a switch shot setup. Seemed to improve things for me.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Shalashaska

Yeah that's exactly what I did and it seems better now. Hopefully they still fix it though because I like the hold-for-laser method better. Finally got the loop (arcade, haven't tried iphone mode) and man is that shit brutal. :'( =D

ookitarepanda

Just got an iphone 4 a couple of days ago, so I've been playing a lot of this.

What's surprising is that "hard" mode on arcade is almost the same as the board, as far as bullet patterns and density. Other than that, iphone mode is fun! I like scraping bullets and picking up a multiplier, then using the ultra hyper cannon   :lol:

Anyway, I'd rather have this than a sandwich.

njiska

It's good to know the iPhone mode is easy enough I can get a 1-ALL while at work. Now to work on learning the bee locations in the hidden route.

And does anyone have any advice for dealing with the spin laser rings of death towards the middle-end of Stage 5? I seem to No-Miss up to that point and then just get slaughtered there.

lmagus

I can't seem to buy this no matter what.

I've had an iPhone 4 for about two weeks now, bought lots of paid apps but whenever i try to buy dodonpachi or espgaluda it says that my payment method was denied :(

anyone went through something like this?

njiska

Have you tried another purchasing option? If you're on device, try iTunes. IF you're on iTunes, try another iTunes or try on device.

lillin

Happened to me once with some other app. But after trying 2-3 times it somehow went through.
Try what njiska suggested, that could solve the problem. If all else fails try to contact apple.

njiska

I decided the other day that i'm going to write a review for this game for Blogcritics.org. Any tips for something I might have missed that needs to be highlighted?

phrenzee

From cave_world_en tweet
QuoteWe will be releasing an update to Dodonpachi Resurrection tomorrow, the 19th! Along with a couple bug fixes, the update includes...
1. History function - Read about the story of each Dodonpachi game (first time in English!).
2. Hidden BGM - New hidden BGM which will be explaining how to find in a fantastic video. A must-see for MasaKING fans.
3. Screen-flipping mode for iPad users. Requested by many to avoid hitting the upscaling button.
Anyways, more details tomorrow! Stay tuned!

I'm hoping for Black Label music  =D

twoup

Sounds like a cool update, I was given an ipad a few weeks ago and the first thing I went for were the Cave games. I do tend to hit the upscale button by accident sometimes so it's really good they're sorting that out.

brentsg

Kewing

Quote from: phrenzee on October 18, 2010, 01:29:09 PM
From cave_world_en tweet
QuoteWe will be releasing an update to Dodonpachi Resurrection tomorrow, the 19th! Along with a couple bug fixes, the update includes...
1. History function - Read about the story of each Dodonpachi game (first time in English!).
2. Hidden BGM - New hidden BGM which will be explaining how to find in a fantastic video. A must-see for MasaKING fans.
3. Screen-flipping mode for iPad users. Requested by many to avoid hitting the upscaling button.
Anyways, more details tomorrow! Stay tuned!

I'm hoping for Black Label music  =D

Since they explicitly mention  MasaKING I quite doubt it, but who knows...
Number 1 is quite much more a surprise, and a welcomed one. As silly as the plot may be, it's still better than having none. And I guess this is just one more sign of their approaching to western audience, which is good.

skykid

Ooh, nice. Off to update now.  :)

Edit:

The history thing is nice, but a bit sparse. Where's Donpachi, isn't that still part of the series?

The extra BGM is that mind numbingly stupid Dodonpachi tune that they used for the DFK 360 teaser trailer. It's actually...different to play to the first time, but you'll only ever want to hear it once.
You need to start the game, pause it, and then shake the ipod (for quite a long time actually) until you hear a chime, then un-pause to relish the kitsch.

It's only one track, not a whole new OST, and it reverts back to the normal soundtrack at the next level (where you can do the trick again if you want.)

njiska

Actually it plays a remixed version of Dai-ondo if you do it in iPhone mode. The original plays in Arcade.

skykid

Quote from: njiska on October 19, 2010, 08:44:08 AM
Actually it plays a remixed version of Dai-ondo if you do it in iPhone mode. The original plays in Arcade.

Ah right, thanks for that. I never play iphone mode so I wouldn't have known otherwise.  :righton:

What's Dai-ondo?

HVL

Quote from: skykid on October 19, 2010, 10:33:54 AM
What's Dai-ondo?

Daifukkatsu image song, or "mind numbingly stupid Dodonpachi tune", as you put it.

skykid

Quote from: HVL on October 19, 2010, 10:50:42 AM
Quote from: skykid on October 19, 2010, 10:33:54 AM
What's Dai-ondo?

Daifukkatsu image song, or "mind numbingly stupid Dodonpachi tune", as you put it.

Great, well I'll look forward to that then.  :rolleyes:

rtw

The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

bad-joey

Quote from: Plasmo on October 19, 2010, 12:32:09 PM
"A must-see for MasaKING fans!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoRiU34cQrk

Haha, nice video! Like his outfit.. I just updated and the screen flipping option is great, so glad they added the option; I hit the upscaling button way to often. The added history is nice as well, good but short read.

antares

ookitarepanda

Definitely a fun little read. And the bonus music is dumb. DUMBBB.

njiska

Has anyone on here made it to Hibachi in iPhone mode? I have a question for you.

dimmu--borgir

Must ask, bought an ipod 3:rd gen with 8 Gig and 128 meg RAM just to play these. But they are so unplayable. If I turn off Safari I get a few more RAM to the better but it's still quite unplayable. Any way to get the games playable or do I have to buy a pod with 256 RAM? I don't have firmware 4.1 yet. Does it matter? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.