Guwange for XBLA [2010] - Patch adding 4:3 support is now available for download

Started by adverse, September 01, 2009, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moozooh

More like they had no plans on patching it, but caved in under the number of demands.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

lowemark

Quote from: CAVE@FacebookFor those who have been asking, the Guwange patch should be available this week on XBLA. 4:3 has been added as an option called "Wide Mode" which allows you to change the aspect ratio for in-game play only. It's a bit of a workaround but we hope you find it useful.

emphatic

Patch is out. Gave me a perfect result on my 4:3 screen (for the game) but menus look pretty funky. But when you need to browse leaderboards etc, just switch the "wide mode" on again (it's in the System Settings btw).

Killer French Bread

It hasn't changed anything for me, still letterboxed if wide is on or off.

Van_Artic

Quote from: Killer French Bread on February 10, 2011, 02:30:56 PM
It hasn't changed anything for me, still letterboxed if wide is on or off.
you gotta switch the 360 to 4:3 screen (in the console settings, not in the game), then turn wide mode off in the game itself

EOJ

Patch works fine for me, I just turn Wide mode off in the system settings (in game) then zoom the game screen to fit the screen of my 4:3 vertical RGB monitor. I do not need to adjust my X360 system settings (which are set to 720p widescreen by default).

I still really don't like this game, worst controls I've ever experienced in a Cave shooter.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Third_strike

EOJ

Yeah, I have. I don't like that game either. I don't like any Cave game made before 2002 actually.
My score archive

brentsg

ssfsx17

Quote from: EOJ on February 10, 2011, 03:27:45 PM
Yeah, I have. I don't like that game either. I don't like any Cave game made before 2002 actually.

Not even DoDonPachi?

For me, it was precisely their games before 2002 that made me into a shooter fan.

EOJ

Dodonpachi is probably the best of that bunch. Not my cup of tea though.
My score archive

Killer French Bread

Cheers Van artic, that did the trick. My T.V isn't even widescreen, so I must have had it on the wrong setting the whole time I've owned it.

bitkid

I downloaded this last night and tried to play it on my tate screen. What exactly does 4:3 support mean anyways? I presume I applied the 2MB or so patch but I don't see any options for playin this on tate at all. Trying to play it with my screen turned back to yoko is horrid.

StarCreator

Screen rotation options are in there, but pretty well hidden - you have to go into the main screen setting preview, then hit another button to bring the real options up.  You can rotate freely in 360 degrees, since you know you always wanted to play at a 62 degree angle.

The "4:3" patch added the "Wide Mode" setting, which when turned off just causes the game to crop the left and right sides of the screen off so it isn't double-letterboxed in a non-16:9 display.  The obvious downside is, the menus aren't designed for a non-16:9 display at all and you end up not seeing half the options on some menus, like the leaderboards.

bitkid

Thanks I will look for those options again. It just so happens my screen is angled at exactly 62 degrees so that is perfect!

StarCreator

Quote from: bitkid on April 09, 2011, 09:59:59 PM
Thanks I will look for those options again. It just so happens my screen is angled at exactly 62 degrees so that is perfect!

Going to need photos of this. =p

But let me know if you need more clarification on how to do this; I was being kind of vague because it's complicated enough to get to the screen options menu that I can't really describe exactly how to do it without a copy of the game running in front of me.