Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstarflare

Do any of the other bosses have destructible parts like the stage 1 boss? Shield milking is really only worth it after you've killed all of its optional parts but there doesn't seem to be any comparable way to really raise the bullet count on other bosses.

EOJ

The other bosses mainly shed parts in set phases (like most MMP bosses). You can milk absorbable bullets in the later phases of some bosses (the large green bullet spread from the stage 5 boss is a good example, as are many attacks of the stage 6 boss). You should primarily milk the destructible bullets on the bosses with your shot, though, as these help you get more 1UPs. The stage 3 and 4 bosses have multiple patterns you can milk, as does the stage 6 boss.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Plasmo

QuoteAlso, it's a good way to milk the stage 1 boss (pretty much everyone with a decent score does that).

For advanced strategies you should milk everything, of course. But as a "basic plan" for beginners, it's best not to use the shield, but rather get points from shooting the bosses and destroying the parts.

Stage 2 boss is probably the most important when it comes to milking. But not with the shield, use the shot to destroy the spawning enemies and collect the medals from them. On a good day I can almost get 3mill after stage 2.

The main problem with the shield is that you either need to change your speed (probably multiple times, to get back to your old speed) or use your rose cracker. Both are fatal for rank management and should be avoided.

Only use the shield if it's absolutely impossible for you to dodge a certain attack.

EOJ

Quote from: Plasmo on March 31, 2011, 04:38:29 AM
For advanced strategies you should milk everything, of course. But as a "basic plan" for beginners, it's best not to use the shield, but rather get points from shooting the bosses and destroying the parts.

It's pretty clear that I wasn't talking about advanced strategies. Stage 1 boss absorbable-bullet milking is ridiculously easy, and a great boost to your score. Beginners should learn it ASAP.
My score archive

Plasmo

Then it looks like I just have a different understanding of "beginner" and "advanced".  :laugh:

100-200k isn' worth it at all if you can't reach stage 4 for example. But yeah, you probably have a different approach.

EOJ

It's just so easy. Hold shield until the arms fire, destroy one arm. Hold shield until the other arm fires, destroy arm. Hold shield until the central guns fire, destroy central guns + boss. Pretty much anyone can do that. The hardest part is changing speed when you switch from shield to shot so you don't let a rose cracker out.

Milking the boss until it times out is a different story - that I'd class as more "advanced". But if you kill it soon after the central gun blows up, it's a piece of cake.
My score archive

insigniadeck

erm how much save file do u need?i have like 16 mb left on my arcade and i cant save the game,during the press start i press a n its like it wont let me safe,its tiring to keep adjusting the screen size everytime i play..i

StarCreator

You really should get a hard drive, or plug in a USB drive or something.  A game I played the other day actually made a 120mb save - obviously some devs this generation aren't all that concerned about making their saves efficiently-sized.

Daverost

Quote from: insigniadeck on April 18, 2011, 06:21:53 AM
erm how much save file do u need?i have like 16 mb left on my arcade and i cant save the game,during the press start i press a n its like it wont let me safe,its tiring to keep adjusting the screen size everytime i play..i

92 kb for the system data. More than that every time you want to save a replay.

insigniadeck

thanks for the comment,i solve it already helped by ninjaguy who told me i can use my usb flash to use as a memory..now i got 3.2 gig.

EOJ

There's a big 564 million score in Pink Sweets Arrange up on the leaderboards now, with Lace, by Kiz Eis. No replay, as the guy never uploads replays. Lame. He didn't 1CC it either.
My score archive

cstle

What are the chances of this getting patched? I love the games, but the frontend for the ports is pretty horrible.  :( So slow...

EOJ

No word about a patch yet, so it doesn't look good. There are various bugs in the leaderboards and score saving.
My score archive

Bontakun

Special World

Bontakun

SuperPang

Create a new Windows Live ID, set up a new profile on the console and select Japan as your region.

Bontakun

Daverost

Regions are locked after creation. You have to make a new account.

jammiejay85

I don't know wether i'm posting in the right place but i'm after a copy of Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets i'm using Play Asia at the moment the game's been out of stock a while now just wondered if any of you guys can recommend an alternative site or could tell me if it will be back in stock soonish. Thanks

ookitarepanda

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=muchi+pork&_sacat=See-All-Categories

NCSX has the limited supposedly restocking in 1-2 weeks, too, but who knows. I think your best bet would be to post a WTB across as many forums as you know in their market sections.

jammiejay85

Cheers I just missed out last time as there was only a few copies left and I decided to buy Mushi Futari and Espgaluda 2 instead oh well. But thanks for the info i'm sure i will have it sooner or later.  :rolleyes:

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: EOJ on November 09, 2011, 12:58:29 AM
Looks like a reprint is coming next month:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=1747

Amazon has reduced the price to 4890 yen ($63 USD). Orders still ship on December 9th.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

EOJ

It's definitely not a "platinum" release. Looks like a reprint, as it doesn't have the DLC card and all first print copies came with it, and it's not being released until a month from now. The game has not had a second printing, until now.

I had thought it might be some old unsold stock, but the lack of DLC goes against this idea, as does having to wait 1 month for the game to arrive at Amazon.
My score archive

moozooh

Actually, my release (I ordered it somewhere in early May via GaijinPunch) came without the DLC card.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Really? It was factory sealed and didn't have a sticker on the outside? I've seen brand new copies in stores in Kyoto over the past month and they all still have the DLC.

My score archive

moozooh

It was factory sealed, yes, and neither had the sticker nor the card. Maybe I'm just not very lucky. D:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Hmm. Weird. Especially for way back in May! I think the LE version had the game sealed inside the box, but no sticker on it. Not sure where the DLC card was in the LE, maybe it was not inside the DVD case? Surely someone can shed some light on this.
My score archive