Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Yeah, SIN said it feels a lot like Ibara. Sounds like a mix of Ibara, Pink Sweets, and Ibara Kuro to me. If so, it's going to be pretty awesome.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

NR777

YGWtastic.  If it turns out right, it may well be my favorite thing on the disc...though I initially put in my order because of MMP.

cstarflare

Wonder if rank will be as significant in PS Arrange, and if it will be as easy to skyrocket.

MMP arrange sounds like it borrows a lot from Deathsmiles. I'm betting there will be a bomb>gold recharge. :|

moozooh

MachineAres posted the non-secret achievement list for the bundle.

By my estimate, at least ~400 points from there is non-grinding, non-credit-feeding stuff. Which is a pretty good result compared to the usual 100?150, eh, isn't it? Note the amount of "no continues allowed" items. I wonder if there will also be a couple ridiculous secret achievements like that.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

"Clear「HARDER」or「EXTENDED」. No continues allowed. (Pink Sweets Arcade) 65gs "

I think this confirms the Infinite lives trick is in the port. Both of those modes are impossible to 1CC without it.
My score archive

EOJ

I updated the first post of this thread with a summary of all the important info you need to know about this X360 release.
My score archive

moozooh

Looking forward to hearing WASi303's version of boss themes. They were awesome in original MMP.

Sapz

Can anyone translate what it says about version 1.01 at around 0:18? A different version of Pink Sweets, perhaps?

EOJ

An "Arcade mode ver 1.01" was added to both MMP and PS. These ver 1.01s offer "easier playability".
My score archive

moozooh

So it's Arcade + 1.01 + Arrange for each, and also DLC for the MMP version with PS bosses in it? Sounds pretty rich actually.

EOJ

Yep.

PS ver 1.01 might be really fun. They probably just made the rank less harsh, and maybe 1ups drop at a faster rate (or they added score based extends). I really don't see the need for a ver 1.01 of MMP though. That game is pretty easy to 1CC (with Rafute) and the scoring is just perfect as is. Maybe they added lifebars to the bosses? That would be pretty cool.
My score archive

Aliquantic

I seem to recall someone from Cave talking about the no-miss requirement to loop MMP not being desirable, so maybe that's something that would be different in 1.01? Excellent news either way :)

(Edited for clarity, sigh)

EOJ

Yeah, you have to no miss the game to get to the second loop. I sort of like that - it's a real challenge.  :)
My score archive

Dude

Dave_K.

Quote from: EOJ on February 14, 2011, 04:57:30 PM
I really don't see the need for a ver 1.01 of MMP though. That game is pretty easy to 1CC (with Rafute) and the scoring is just perfect as is. Maybe they added lifebars to the bosses? That would be pretty cool.

Wasn't MMP 1.01 supposed to be the matsuri version with PS bosses?

EOJ

My score archive

Icemael

The games look really blurry in the promotional video. I presume that's the optional smoothing?

skykid

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

brentsg

Quote from: Icemael on February 15, 2011, 05:37:15 AM
The games look really blurry in the promotional video. I presume that's the optional smoothing?

Could be that, could be compression in the video.

rtw

Quote from: Icemael on February 15, 2011, 05:37:15 AM

Try the original video at 60fps:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=962JSMZB
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

MikeNeko

I am as thrilled as a maid of honor by that upcoming release  :lol:
No arcade around me ever had any of these and i left japan too early to try them...
life is good, but it has been like an eternity since the announcement.

Shalashaska

This release just looks better and better. I really liked the little time I've spent with MMP and can't wait to finally own it. This release would be worth it to me for that game alone. Despite my dislike for bullet canceling, the arrange modes look fun and now the announcement of 1.01 versions makes a lot on offer with this package. Can't wait!

brentsg

StarCreator

Every other Cave port gives three volume options to adjust the music, sound effects, and voices separately.

I'd laugh hard if they removed the ability to adjust the sound effects and voices separately for this one release just to screw with people.

EOJ

Famitsu score : 6/6/6/6

:laugh: No HD graphics = shit scores from them.
My score archive

Special World

Maybe they were just commenting on Yagawa's abusive rank systems.

drunkninja

Quote from: EOJ on February 15, 2011, 08:17:27 PM
Famitsu score : 6/6/6/6

:laugh: No HD graphics = shit scores from them.

...b-b-b-but my adorable piggie waifus must be in HD! :whyioughtta:

EOJ

My score archive