Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by EOJ, December 24, 2008, 06:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Anyone get anything good this year? I got a new digital camera from my gf and the rest is cash and gift certificates.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ave

I will get some cash from my grand parents on the 26th, but for today everything to show off is a Vimana PCB, pretty neat :cool: Not only is it quite easy for a Toaplan shooter, is does also have this sleepy space atmosphere that I adore. And there are some interesting enemies featured, like big guys who suck in the smaller ones in order to make them bigger and more powerful (..... you know what I mean :whyioughtta: ) or that boss who uses a gravitation machine or something. The last boss reminded me of Under Defeats last boss as there are also lines of bullets coming up from behind.
Well all I can say is that I love this game already. Much better than Dogyuun if you ask me (not graphic-wise though, apparently)

There was also a package from my 'secret santa' thing I was participating in another forum. I got Zelda: TWW (jap. GC), Ecolis (jap. DS), GTA Doublepack (Xbox, german), some PS2 demos, candy and the like.  :righton:

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you got whatever you wanted ^_^

It's 2:45am now and all I am still gonna do is getting back in front of the TV, playing some Sega Rally (chrismas tradition...) + having a bottle of German Weissbier  =D Cheers!
東亜プラン4ライフ

KOMA

I got some cash and i will probably fire them in a cave stuff,i need a new kit! =D
This Xmas can't be better than the last one wich i've bought MFBL and won a contest with 50 games ,included a wii,ps3 and x360,it was a santa's guild! :cool:

gsl

Pretty lean Christmas this year what with just starting out married life and the bank account still recovering from year in Japan/wedding.  The wife got me the second volume of Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, thus completing the trilogy/blunt instrument set and allowing me to actually start reading.  Also got a few bottles of various fine alcohols and glasses, and a hot buttered rum mix that is quite excellent.

Received a bit of a Christmas bonus from work as well, and am trying to decide if I should sink it into a new phone to replace my Sony Ericsson with the crappy cracked keys, a couple of games, or just toss it into savings.

But anyways, Merry Christmas to everyone here (or happy 26th to you fellows in Japan).  Hope it was a good one!

adverse

Got some sweaters, and cash.  Bleh. 

Tomorrow though I'm going in search of XBOX360 underwear which is supposedly sold here in the states, LOL.  This will offset the disappointment of missing the CAVE matsuri, maybe.  Maybe some music too.

Went into a Gamestop in San Fran yesterday, reminded me how depressing American game stores are.  First off, shit game line-ups for the most part, then the big focus on sports games/Wii family stuff etc.  Doesn't help that all the 360 stuff doesn't work in my region, so I found myself browsing the stupid PSP aisle haha.

gsl

To be fair, the whole Gamestop empire is shit even for American gamestores.  Not even the promise of finding a cheap used gem they haven't decided to mark up to eBay prices ($80 for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the XBox, wtf?) really compels me to go in there anymore.  Amazon usually has new game for a few dollars cheaper and I don't mind waiting the extra few days for the Super Saver shipping, so I can skip the entire torturous experience of talking to one of their clueless minimum wage counter jockeys or pedo-tastic managers.

charlienash87

The first present i got was a piece of paper that had "i owe you socks" written on it. I'm going to hold her to it. i also got some cash from a few relatives
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

gsl

I actually look forward to socks at Christmas time, to be honest.  My feet have terrible circulation and are icy cold all through winter, but when relatives started getting me pairs of Smartwool socks for Christmas I discovered that it was indeed possible to go through the day without feeling as though I'm about to get frostbite!  Quite wonderful.

hermosaguy

I got 2 tickets to see Pennywise in concert from the girlfriend.  I still love getting cards from the family with $5 bills in them though.  That will never get old. :)

drboom

Got a boxed copy of Valis II, Super Mario Bros. 2, Castlevania: Bloodlines and some Saint Alfred (Chicago streetwear store) sweatshirts and a hat from the girlfriend. Super happy. We didn't give gifts in the rest of the family, kind of a thing we do every couple years, especially when the economy is sh*t.