Main Menu

our shop has flooded

Started by jpj, September 04, 2008, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

anyone know a good electrician...   :'(

EOJ

What kind of shop? Sorry to hear that. Was it due to heavy rains recently, or some other mishap?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

videogame store, small indie chain, i'm assistant manager there.

basically, a 6 foot by 5 foot column exists by the third floor of the building. i think it was an old staircase that got bricked up, so it's like a hollow chinmey, about 15 foot deep. anyways, water has been getting in there and it was 2 foot deep full of rain water ~_~ this then seeped through into our ceiling above the ps3 area. some of the ceiling got so wet, it just disintegrated, water dripping down all day through the ceiling. pretty sure our lights and bravia are now fucked. and they made us stay open as well... fucking crazy. column is now empty of water and we're leaving heating on overnight to try and dry up as much as we can. put buckets and plastic sheeting o the floor under the area affected, by water splasing around there has soaked through and seeped into the basement as well

what a day.

and my are manager is down tomorrow... and he's as useful as chocolate kettle

we'll see what happens i guess...

our city (gloucester) was hit by crazy floods last summer as well.  knocked out the electricity of the city (1 day), and no running water (14 days - you can imagine sanitation, fights breaking out over bottled water, etc etc).

i am very quickly developing a fear/complex about heavy rain.................

Kaede

Jeez, that's bad news dude...and they still made you work??  :whyioughtta:

markedkiller78

Quote from: jpj on September 04, 2008, 02:08:59 PM

our city (gloucester) was hit by crazy floods last summer as well.  knocked out the electricity of the city (1 day), and no running water (14 days - you can imagine sanitation, fights breaking out over bottled water, etc etc).

I remember it well I was working in Liverpool at the time & worked with some guys from Glocs.

The ariel tv shots were mental during the floods. Cars floating off, people in canoes paddling down their local main street.

Crazy stuff. Some twat took a pee in the water reservoir they put in place form what I recall.

Sorry to hear of your plight jpj. I know some electricians, but they are all based is Scotland I?m afraid.

Does the insurance cover this? I know how bad they were last flood.

jpj

we are nearly back to normal, save for some holes in the ceiling   :oogle:  and the carpet is soaked

gloucester homes have started flooding again, but to be fair, they're mainly homes on the plaines