Main Menu

Video link thread

Started by zlk, May 12, 2008, 01:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exo

Quote from: HVL on March 07, 2011, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: Exo on March 07, 2011, 05:39:01 AM
Quote from: Plasmo on March 06, 2011, 06:13:03 PM
504mill sounds massive! I expect some heavy boss milking going on there!

Unfortunately lots of people (or maybe just a few? or maybe it's just me?) don't have access to live, so 195mill is all we get.

People who have access to live could just rip the replay via a 10 buck usb capture card ^^

Care to elaborate? I've been thinking of capturing some XBL replays for easy viewing on the PC but I've always thought it involves super costly hardware.

Buy something like this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-VHS-TV-DVD-Capture-Card-S-Video-Grabber-xBox-360-/300531728543?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f916409f

They usually cost 10 to 20 bucks.
You plug it into your PC's usb-port and connect the composite out from your console to the usb device input.
After that all you need to do is use a capture tool on your pc to capture the vid and audio and you're done.
It's only expensive if you want to capture in hd which would involve buying a capture card at about ~130 $.

P.S.: Would be nice to see those replays on this site eventually ^^

TheSoundofRed

Hmm... That route seems extremely inexpensive. I wonder how good the quality is.

KOMA

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on March 07, 2011, 08:01:41 PM
Hmm... That route seems extremely inexpensive. I wonder how good the quality is.
Not extraordinary but do the job.And it works on Mac by using EasycapViewer.

emphatic

Quote from: KOMA on March 08, 2011, 03:28:42 AM
Quote from: TheSoundofRed on March 07, 2011, 08:01:41 PM
Not extraordinary but do the job.And it works on Mac by using EasycapViewer.

When combined with this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-TV-VGA-PC-Video-Signal-Converter-Box-Sw-/280546089275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4151d9993b (same seller) you can even use an XBox VGA cable, right?

cstarflare

Always been too lazy to get a caputure card, but my DVD player also allows me to record. Line in, record, then rip with handbrake has been my method and has given some pretty decent results.

Of course, that's really only a good alternative if already own or have interest in buying one for other reasons.

bitkid

If you don't mind spending about $200 the BlackMagic Intensity really can't be beat in terms of feature set. It accepts Composite and Component inputs, as well as HDMI input to capture in full HD. The quality is great too for a relatively inexpensive capture solution. My friends use them for streaming Street Fighter and Marvel matches online.

Exo

Quote from: bitkid on March 08, 2011, 10:03:52 PM
If you don't mind spending about $200 the BlackMagic Intensity really can't be beat in terms of feature set. It accepts Composite and Component inputs, as well as HDMI input to capture in full HD. The quality is great too for a relatively inexpensive capture solution. My friends use them for streaming Street Fighter and Marvel matches online.
Total waste of money.
If you want a good capture card which is exactly like the bm intensity buy this one for 100$ :
http://www.amazon.com/Avertv-Definition-Analog-Capture-MTVHDDVRR/dp/B002SQE1O0

bitkid

I haven't used the Avermedia card. We have a bunch of Blackmagics at work to test with the streaming software we write. I haven't personally bought a capture card so I don't know the current market conditions. I'd be curious to test out the Aver cards though and see a quality comparison between that and the BMI.

KOMA

Quote from: bitkid on March 09, 2011, 01:37:02 PM
I haven't used the Avermedia card. We have a bunch of Blackmagics at work to test with the streaming software we write. I haven't personally bought a capture card so I don't know the current market conditions. I'd be curious to test out the Aver cards though and see a quality comparison between that and the BMI.
Have you try the Blackmagic usb dongle?

EOJ

Muchi Muchi Pork Arrange Mode 35.8mil Stage 1 with Rafute, by SIN:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13944146
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

That slowdown is completely off the hook. :o

At this point I'm honestly surprised SIN doesn't play Touhou games for score. Maybe they're too fast for his taste or something? :laugh:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

bitkid

Quote from: KOMA on March 09, 2011, 02:37:34 PM
Quote from: bitkid on March 09, 2011, 01:37:02 PM
Have you try the Blackmagic usb dongle?

No I have no tried the USB dongle yet, only the actual card.

CIB

shmuperplay has uploaded an x360 DFK BL b-power replay.
It's insanely ridiculous  :oogle:
www.youtube.com/shmuperplay

EOJ

That's only about half the world record. If you want to see something impressive, watch the 1.9 trillion run on the official DVD. ;)
My score archive

EOJ

Some guy uploaded my Muchi Muchi Pork Ver 1.00 Ikuo 164mil 1-ALL Xbox live replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRArtc20FU
My score archive

Sapz

Here's my 411m Mushi Futari 1.5 Original no miss run. Hope you guys enjoy it.

EOJ

My score archive

Sapz

Here's a 203m Ketsui run. The highlight of the run, by a pretty long way, was stage 2-3. :)

zlk

Medal

Thanks for all the good MMP/PS links, guys. I'm hoping to have time to play some MMP this summer. We'll see if that works out :)

CIB

Daioujou Black Label double play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqPEd3TKXxw
I've always been wondering why cave never tried to program a decent two player scoring system.

TimingTripod40

FUCK YES

Edit: Finished and it was truly incredible stuff. Thank you so much for sharing.

moozooh

That is the most amazing replay I've seen in a long while. Recharging tricks and purposeful flooding of the screen with bullets are astonishingly clever and well-done. I'm honestly surprised the whole game took him only one bomb to clear!

Nereid said there was some note in the description regarding the missed 30k cancel opportunity on Spiritual Larsa (the only significant improvement I could find). What did it say?

CIB

CIB

moozooh

Genuinely amazing. I would never have guessed there was SO much scoring potential left untapped in this game. HFD isn't even close yet!

cstarflare

Wow. The current record is about 80% of that.  :oogle:

I'm not familiar enough to know where the improvements are made - anyone know what innovations this run makes over the current record?

moozooh

I need an expert to confirm this, but so far it seems it's a more aggressive hyper pattern combined with more aura milking and speedkilling midbosses for more filler popcorn. For instance, the player gets over 3600 hits in both 1-5 and 2-5, while the best publicly available replay, albeit B-type, gets barely over 3000?that's a world of difference in WL. Then there's the endgame bonus for finishing Hibachi with full life stock, which is, I believe, at least 70 million higher than the current unassisted records. His way of bridging the stage 3 midboss is pretty cool, too; I don't remember if it's new, though.

I'm sure BL could be improved to 4 bil in TASing conditions as well.

super play

About max hits I know that best Max hits in real play (no TAS) is FuFuFu with 3.450 hits.