Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

spl

MX7

I keep getting excited when this thread is bumped, but then there's no news...   :'(

This is the only game I care about on the horizon right now. DFK coming out in a couple of months is cool, but it's hard to care when Muchi-Muchi Pork! is coming a few months after that!

I'll just get back to wistfully watching videos and reminiscing about the scant time I've played on either of these games...

GaijinPunch

Quote from: MX7 on October 07, 2010, 03:15:52 PM
This is the only game I care about on the horizon right now.

It's on the DOJBL Patch schedule.

EOJ

Release is planned for February 2011, according to Asada at the today's Cave HQ meeting.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

HVL

Quote from: EOJ on October 30, 2010, 03:34:38 AM
Release is planned for February 2011, according to Asada at the today's Cave HQ meeting.

Didn't expect the release date to be that early in the year. I just hope the ports aren't rushed.

EOJ

It shouldn't take them long, as they aren't doing HD visual upgrades for these. Seems the game was already playable at the Cave meeting.
My score archive

markedkiller78

Great news. Than for the update EOJ. Hopefully the release won't slip

Dale

I've come really to like the HD re-draws but if they drop it correct with some scanlines I'll be happy. Any word about those?

I'm lucky enough to have tried MMP and I loved it, pure fun. I wasn't crazy about Pink Sweets but its still cool.

neomoe

wow, much sooner than anticpated.

So hopefully we can have Ibara Kuro by late spring and Akai Katana by early fall :)

bad-joey

Quote from: neomoe on November 04, 2010, 12:01:31 PM

wow, much sooner than anticpated.

So hopefully we can have Ibara Kuro by late spring and Akai Katana by early fall :)

Don't get my hopes up :-)

EOJ

New info from SIN, straight from Cave:

-MMP "Matsuri Ver" (the one with Pink Sweets bosses) will be downloadable via a DLC card that will ship with the first print of the game.
-Pink Sweets "infinite lives" trick will be "fixed", according to Asada. He says both MMP and PS are "hard to play in their original form", so they are including modes that are tweaked. Whether this means the trick is "fixed" in the original Arcade mode or not is not really clear. Hopefully Arcade mode will have it intact, and a 360 mode will have it fixed (similar to Espgaluda 2's port).
-Due to consumer request, rank will be displayable in Pink Sweets as you play, similar to Espgaluda 2 BL's on-screen stat display.

http://sinmoon.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/202/
My score archive

moozooh

Sounds good! I'll most likely skip on the Matsuri version, will rather wait for the inevitable price drop. :)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Kaneda

Quote from: EOJ on November 04, 2010, 03:11:54 PM
He says both MMP and PS are "hard to play in their original form", so they are including modes that are tweaked.

I wonder if this means that they're getting rid of the ridiculous loop requirement for MMP. Probably my only complaint with that game and something that I think crippled it's popularity in the arcades.

lillin

-Pink Sweets "infinite lives" trick will be "fixed", according to Asada.
Maybe we will get an option to turn it on and off, like the endless bomb option in the Ketsui port.

Dave_K.

-Pink Sweets "infinite lives" trick will be "fixed", according to Asada. He says both MMP and PS are "hard to play in their original form", so they are including modes that are tweaked. Whether this means the trick is "fixed" in the original Arcade mode or not is not really clear. Hopefully Arcade mode will have it intact, and a 360 mode will have it fixed (similar to Espgaluda 2's port).

If they remove infinite lives, the game would be much harder to ALL, so I don't see how they are going to fix the rank difficulty, unless he means including a beginner mode.  I hope they leave the original mode alone, otherwise that would be a big disappointment.

GaijinPunch

EOJ

My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yeah, they look really fun.  I'm not so sure about the no high res though.  I've never played Arcade mode of any of the others b/c I think it looks so bad.

HVL

Dang, so there will be a LE of Muchi Pink after all. Can't resist them. :laugh:

njiska

Another cave game, another expensive LE. Oh how i wish I had been collecting them from the start. Going to cost  a fortune to got back and get DS, MF1.5 and EspII LEs.

Do we know if the OSTs will be separate like with Ketsui or just a joint on one disc? Arrange modes could be fun.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

emphatic

markedkiller78

I'm not a fan of LE games (I never use any of the extras) but the PS soundtrack would be worth 2k on it's own.

Feb will be a good month. hopefully a PS mode I can play (beyond L4)

EOJ

Quote from: emphatic on November 26, 2010, 09:29:34 AM
At the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sICwcd6YhfI&feature=BF&list=UL5y5FXxyvqm4&index=23

there's something about a DLC for these games as well. What does it say?

It says what I posted a bit earlier in this thread, that the first print DLC card will unlock the MMP Matsuri version.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on November 26, 2010, 02:10:10 PMIt says what I posted a bit earlier in this thread, that the first print DLC card will unlock the MMP Matsuri version.

:facepalm: I blame all the awesome news posted today.

EOJ

My score archive

Strider77

QuoteYeah, they look really fun.  I'm not so sure about the no high res though.  I've never played Arcade mode of any of the others b/c I think it looks so bad.

Yeah...  I was let down also by this. I really wanted to see MMP in HD. Still I'm a sucked and will shell out for all the extras. I have played around with 360 deathsmiles, forced it into low res (with a extron) and put it on my PVM RGB monitor. Looked good but never bothered doing it anymore thanks to those hi res modes.

EOJ

Just to clear up the usual misconceptions floating around on the web: both the SE (first print) and LE will come with DLC card.
My score archive

HVL

Quote from: njiska on November 26, 2010, 08:01:59 AM
Do we know if the OSTs will be separate like with Ketsui or just a joint on one disc? Arrange modes could be fun.

Most likely two discs. The site said it has more than 30 tracks. Too drunk to check for now.

EOJ

It's a 2 disc soundtrack set (one for MMP, one for PS), according to the official website:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/muchi-pink/
My score archive