Your latest Cave acquisition

Started by professor ganson, December 09, 2008, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor ganson

Progear  :cool:

Can't wait to find some time to play it.  The speed of the game is definitely up a notch from the Xbox mame version I'm used to.

This is probably the finest thing in my gaming collection aside from my original Fantasy Zone PCB.

skykid

Enjoy Todd, Progear is like a 'Black Label' in itself, as it's kind of the black sheep of Cave games being one of their only Hori's ever. It is an absolutely magnificent, and pretty darn epic shmup. I made it to the last boss many times but still haven't taken him down for the 1cc  :(

But I will.  =D

Anyway, on topic then: I just bought a bare Uo Poko PCB for ?20.  :oogle:

Awesome.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

EOJ

Recently got Muchi Muchi Pork and Ketsui again (bought the former, got the latter in a trade). I'm loving MMP and enjoying Ketsui, strangely enough.

I also bought a brand new Espgaluda II kit for some reason - that should arrive in the next week or so. Thought I should give it one more try. It was pretty cheap, so I don't have much to lose.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Haven't bought much in a while.  MMP is definitely one I want to come back to when I have some time.  I still have my Ketsui & ESPGaluda II though.  Not sure what I'll buy next.  Progear is one that I just never cleared, damnit.  Might have to get going on that.

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on December 12, 2008, 03:11:39 PM
Recently got Muchi Muchi Pork and Ketsui again (bought the former, got the latter in a trade). I'm loving MMP and enjoying Ketsui, strangely enough.

I also bought a brand new Espgaluda II kit for some reason - that should arrive in the next week or so. Thought I should give it one more try. It was pretty cheap, so I don't have much to lose.

How cheap EOJ? I'll be in Japan next year so I might save for one of these if you can steer me in the right direction.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

EOJ

Just got a brand new Muchi Muchi Pork kit in the mail. Cool serial too:

The kit came with the original poster as well (which is getting rather uncommon). 83,000yen at Fujita, it's their close-out price, so
get one while you can.  :righton: BTW it came with the CD, but not the light-up piggie keychain.
My score archive

jpj

EOJ

Quote from: jpj on March 18, 2009, 09:44:44 PM
no key chain ... fail  ;)

I emailed Fujita - turns out they forgot to put it in the box. They're sending it to me today.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Just got Ketsui in the mail today (bug-fixed version, with laminated Marquee).  :righton:
I ended up missing this game more than I anticipated, so I bought it back with the funds from my DSMBL sale.

One more game coming next week! What could it be?  =D
My score archive

KOMA

EOJ

My piggy mascot arrived from Fujita today - they sent it via EMS. They also threw in a free Death Smiles 2 flier.  =D
My score archive

jpj

i use my piggy to blind small children  ^-^

as for the other new game.  i reckon your capricious nature has become worse than ever, and you've already re-bought DSMBL  :-*

EOJ

Quote from: KOMA on March 21, 2009, 08:09:03 AM
Pink sweets at 99%! :p

A winner is you! Just arrived about 20 min ago. Nice to have this game back again!  :)
My score archive

brumma

DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu and Ibara Kuro Black Label

KOMA

Quote from: EOJ on March 23, 2009, 07:53:34 PM

A winner is you! Just arrived about 20 min ago. Nice to have this game back again!  :)
How many time have you bought it? =D
Nice catch Brumma for IBL,i damn want it for two years :/

EOJ

Quote from: KOMA on March 24, 2009, 05:23:24 AM

I think this is the 5th PS PCB I've owned. The Ketsui PCB I just bought is my fifth one of that as well.

My score archive

brumma

Quote from: KOMA on March 24, 2009, 05:23:24 AM
Quote from: EOJ on March 23, 2009, 07:53:34 PM

Nice catch Brumma for IBL,i damn want it for two years :/

I had been looking at buying one for a while, and someone was nice enough to lend me his board for a month.  Well, I got addicted and started jonesing for that board after about a week.  I finally decided to splurge and just buy a new kit from Fujita.  I still have DDPDFK in my cab though... I'm restraining myself from popping in IBL for as long as I can--that way the satisfaction will be all that much sweeter!!

EOJ

Last post here was 10 years ago but I thought this was a thread worth reviving! I got a Pink Sweets PCB (with original art) this week and another CAVE PCB will arrive in a day or two.  :cool:

Here it is hooked up to my trusty AV7000 Supergun through the awesome OSSC 1.6.

My score archive

Monouchi

Awesome stuff EOJ.
...though expensive to get the cave collection back?  ;)

EOJ

Quote from: Monouchi on March 27, 2019, 05:48:41 AM

...though expensive to get the cave collection back?  ;)

Yup! I have found some good deals here and there, though -- If I told you what I paid recently for my JAPANESE MFBL PCB with original art (mint condition) you probably wouldn't believe me.  :bigsmile:

I have 13 SH3 boards now. Only two left that I sorta want but they are very low priority and I may never buy them (one is quite rare and on the pricier side).
My score archive

EOJ

Ok, my DFK BL PCB arrived today.  :righton:

I think my CAVE PCB collection is done now. I'm missing Deathsmiles and Futari 1.0 (the two I was talking about in the previous post as "sorta wanting"), which would be nice to have just for the sake of completion and nostalgia, but I don't care enough for either game to pay the prices they go for these days. I'm not interested in AK LE or Mushi Matsuri 1.5 (too expensive and hard to find...neither game appeals to me that much either). I also don't care about DFK 1.0 because the first-loop counterstop makes it pointless to play for score and I think DFK 1.5 is perfect as it is. Mushi Tama is meh and not a STG so no thanks on that one. I don't really have any interest in playing pre-SH3 games, so I'm not going to buy any of those, which is a good thing for my wallet!  :bigsmile:

One year ago I had zero CAVE PCBs. It's been a lot of fun hunting these down (I found my PCBs on forums, YAJ, ebay and Japanese PCB shops), looking for deals, selling some off here and there (and buying more later). It's always possible I'll trim down the collection a bit in the future, selling off some boards I no longer play for score. But right now I enjoy all of the games so much, I am not thinking about that.
My score archive

Monouchi

Well done sir.  :)

Ive trimmed down my collection too so i have the only ones I want to play, DSMBL was the final and most pricey pcb for me.

DarthMig

Hey guys iam new to this forum and collecting Cave games. I would like to own one or two cave pcb. Would you guys assist me in finding some pcb's at good price in anyway. Any help would be appreciated. I can compensate you also.

EOJ

Darthmig:

You just have to keep an eye out for the game(s) you want to buy on Yahoo Japan auctions, ebay, forums (here, shmups forum, arcadeotaku and neo-geo forums), and Japanese shops. You can order through Yahoo Japan and Japanese shops by using a proxy, such as From Japan or Buyee/Tenso. FJ is the best IMO.

Tops sells internationally but has high prices. Here is the link to their CAVE inventory (it updates every Wednesday, Japan time):

https://www.tops-game.jp/products/list.php?category_id=174

Here is a helpful link to check daily for the latest PCBs listed on YAJ:

https://buyee.jp/item/search/category/2084047782?sort=score&ranking=popular
My score archive

DarthMig

EOJ

Deathsmiles Mega Black Label PCB!

I sold mine last month and soon regretted it. The port is great, but playing the PCB is a unique (and sublime) experience. I was happy to find another PCB for sale, though I had to pay a few hundred more than what I sold my last one for.  :facepalm:

My score archive