Main Menu

Best Cave Boss?

Started by moebinkay, February 01, 2010, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moebinkay

Cave has introduced some of the best shooting games, and with great shooting games comes great enemies. I wanted to start this post to get to know what is everyones favorite enemy?

I will start by one very special DDP boss that has appeared through out all the series so far (except DonPachi):-

Raikou: which is translated from japanese meaning "light from the afterlife" also his method of attack, blasting the player with two beams of light.

Another lovable boss of mine is Herakres of Espagaluda:-

A giant blue spherical helicopter was quite interesting to battle with during the day that I was actively playing Espagaluda.

What is yours? 

antares

Of course it can only be this one:

:)

PsychoDiver

Sorry this guy takes the cake. Although the dude in the mech who laughs at you in Espgaluda 2 with all the red screens is a close runner up.

Kiel

I say the 4th stage midboss from Ketsui

Shalashaska

Definately Hibachi. I like its design from DDP the best as it's more organic but there's just something special about that little guy...  :)

adverse

Futari stage 4 boss.  I like this guy because of the balls he shoots out at the end of his second phase.  You can turn this into a retarded scoring opportunity if you practice enough.

bucklemyshoe

I like the level 1 boss of Ibara a lot.

not sure if that's my final answer.

ookitarepanda

Quote from: adverse on February 01, 2010, 11:46:28 PMFutari stage 4 boss.  I like this guy because of the balls he shoots out at the end of his second phase.  You can turn this into a retarded scoring opportunity if you practice enough.

I can definitely understand this. The detail on him is awesome, like his entrance and his different colored eyes. Still not sure I'm a fan enough of his big ball patterns at the end of his health bar. I'll need some time to think about this question, though I'd be leaning toward Tyrannosatan because he's so badass.

Kiel

Quote from: ookitarepanda on February 02, 2010, 02:43:44 AM
though I'd be leaning toward Tyrannosatan because he's so badass.

How could I forget about satan tyrannos????

Monouchi

Frog of Ketsui!

Dunno why, I just get this ACTION feeling everytime I meet him.

necpmf

I am disappointed by the lack of butterfly wings in this thread.

edit: also Midi from Ibara/PS

Lunchbox

In regard of bullets patterns, i love both 2nd and 4th  from ketsui.
Maybe the  4th if i'm forced to choose, who plus has a cool design.
No arcades in Spain.

krokounleashed

emphatic

Kaneda

Coolest-looking: Lady Gara riding the statue head over the Tokyo skyline.

Coolest patterns: Progear
Hard to pick just one, they all do sick stuff. Stages 3 and 4 are maybe the sweetest.

Best entrance: Ketsui's first boss
Futari's stage 4 beetle climbing up the cliff is pretty sweet but the guy in Ketsui was waiting in a baseball stadium like a badass.

Best name: Jimchuck Spanner (!!)
An honorable mention goes to Major Sirloin who pilots the Beef Stroganoff.

Biggest pain in the ass: Lady Gara
Doom, Hibachi and the Mushi series Ultra mode bosses are hard as nails, but the one that has given me the most grey hairs is Lady Gara, partly because she's so much harder than the rest of the game. An honorable mention goes to the final douchebag pattern from Guwange.

Funnest: Muchi Pork's first boss

Worst bosses: Dangun Feveron
DonPachi is pretty plain and DFK is pretty lame, but Feveron wasted the opportunity to fight a giant disco ball.

cstarflare

what, no love for the pink sweets last boss?

bombaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

those lasers are kind of cool as well

MX7

DoDonpachi/Daioujou ST3 boss has some lovely patterns. It's a joy to dodge through the gaps in those spirals, and it's a pattern that's been imitated many times over the years.  Definitely my favourite shooting game boss.

ESP Ra.De is certainly very dramatic. Again, the huge swallowtail wings have cropped up in a number of titles since.

The huge hulking baby in Guwange is awesome and nasty at the same time. Guwange manages to capture that very Japanese sense of the grotesque throughout, and this is the logical culmination of these sensibilities.

I'm also a fan of the element doll boss's in Daifukkatsu. It gives them a personality that enemies often lack in shooting games. It gets pretty embarrassing making them squawk in a crowded arcade though :(

evil_ash_xero

The cat spider in Guwange, definitely.

Joe T.

spl

Quote from: PsychoDiver on February 01, 2010, 05:31:16 PM

Sorry this guy takes the cake. Although the dude in the mech who laughs at you in Espgaluda 2 with all the red screens is a close runner up.

This one is pretty cool..  :righton:

Kewing

Lady Garra up on the head statue will always remain as one of my all time favorites.
Other nice ones are DDP Stage 4, Hibachi, Satoru from ESPRaDe and the CatSpider and Guwange itself from Guwange.