Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [strats]

Started by Sapz, February 06, 2011, 08:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Something else I learned from the DVD: you don't get ANY end bonus in BOMB and POWER styles unless you beat both Golden Disaster and Hibachi without dying.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Arrange mode stuff from SIN's latest blog post:

HIT: MULTIPLIER

0:1
1,000:2
2,000:3
4,000:4
6,000:5
8,000:6
100,000:7
200,000:8
300,000:9

On Doom, you get 50bil for destroying its first form, 100bil for the second, and 200bil for the third. It's optimal to max your + value in the first two phases, then milk the last phase for huge points. This is how SIN got 2.4 trillion just on Doom, while only getting about 700 bil in the actual stages.

Another thing: In arrange, like in regular Black Label, the multiplier is only active if you're in Hyper mode OR your red gauge is maxed out.
My score archive

bitkid

Yeah I've been playing both BL and BL Arrange more and more. Everything about Black Label is way more satisfying and challenging than 1.5. Does SIN have an Arrange mode replay up?

Sapz

Quote from: EOJ on April 16, 2011, 02:12:48 AM
HIT: MULTIPLIER

0:1
1,000:2
2,000:3
4,000:4
6,000:5
8,000:6
100,000:7
200,000:8
300,000:9
Thanks for this. Wow, 200k and 300k... I have no idea how you'd jack up the hit counter that high. Clearly there's a secret technique. :laugh:

EOJ

Yeah, it's pretty weird. I thought they might be typos for 10K, 20K, and 30K, but it doesn't seem to be the case (and SIN never makes such typos in regard to scoring).
My score archive

ratikal

That's really helpful. It explains why my score shoots up from 3bil to 11bil from the first stage mid boss alone. Is there even a point to getting 10s other than to have your rank at max?

But really...100k for the multiplier? Is that even possible before stage 5? Maybe canceling hypers like mad...I got testing to do after class today, hehe...

As for Doom, you can reach him with any extend setting. It's good practice. I also learned that in his second form, the laser ball things are safe. You can literally stand right in the middle of them and rack up your hit meter. I was in hyper mode though so I do not know if that is a factor. You can also get 10-chips from his first and second forms, as well as before destroying Taisabachi.

ONE MORE THING. This multiplier...what is it effecting? Enemies or stars? Is the +point value x multiplier or the star score x hit x multiplier?

Toxik H

I have a simple question: What are the requirements to make Zatsuza appear?

Throughout various sources I have found the following conditions:
1.) Play in Strong style
2.) Meet all conditions to fight Hibachi (i.e. destroy all bosses with a full reddo gauge AND don't die more than once AND don't bomb more than twice)
3.) Destroy Golden Disaster without dying

I have just fulfilled all of the above, yet I only got to fight Hibachi? Here is exactly what I did:

1.) Played in Strong Style
2.) Destroyed every boss with a full reddo gauge
3.) Died once on the stage 5 boss and bombed twice on the stage 5 boss
4.) Stayed on the normal route throughout the entire game
5.) Destroyed Golden Disaster without dying

...and then Hibachi appeared. So what did I miss? Do I maybe need to be on the Ura route by the time I hit stage 5? Or am I maybe not allowed to die throughout the entire game until after Golden Disaster? Help anyone?

Thanks in advance for enlightening replies :)

Erppo

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone who has played Strong more than casually yet. According to what we know, those should be all of the conditions. All I know beyond that is that the B-S Zatsuza run in the official DVD does the first two stages in the normal midboss route so at least you don't have to be in Ura all the time.

EOJ

Make sure you are playing on defaults. Did you use restarts? Also, you may have to no miss the whole game until you beat golden disaster. Every zatsuza replay I've seen does that.
My score archive

Toxik H

Okay after asking around a bit it seems that my death on the stage 5 boss is the cause for Zatsuza not showing up. As EOJ said one has to no miss the whole game and not only GD, I guess this is somehow an imprecise translation on many websites. Taking the Ura route apparently has no significance, I guess everyone just does it to make the stage 5 midbosses easier (and mybe for scoring). Well time to hop back into training mode ^~^"

EOJ

Quote from: Toxik H on February 12, 2012, 12:18:19 PM
I guess this is somehow an imprecise translation on many websites.

The translation is accurate, it is the original Japanese in the DVD booklet which is imprecise in this regard. Anyway, I've updated my Zatsuza article with the accurate info. Thanks!
My score archive

darkidol

Quote from: EOJ on March 26, 2011, 07:59:36 PM
A few cool things for BOMB STYLE (these should work for STRONG STYLE too) I learned from the subtitles in the DFK BL DVD:

1)If you press Bomb + Hyper at the same time, it uses up two hyper/bomb slots, but also gives you a full red gauge without a bomb coming out. Why would you want to do this? The red gauge fills up very slowly in Bomb style, so this technique can be very helpful in certain parts for optimal scoring. For example, ISO uses this on the spinning laser turret at the start of stage 4 to jack the red gauge back up to full red before the next section of the stage. Make sure you press and hold both buttons until the hyper comes out, I've found that if you just tap them together, you'll have a bomb come out.

2) On Golden Disaster, use a bomb when your red gauge is full on the attack with all the small round, gray drones. If you time it right, you'll get 3.8 hyper slots refilled. If you don't have a full red gauge, you'll get 1 to 1.5 hyper slots refilled.

This game has a really tremendous amount of depth with all the different attack combinations!

Thanks so much for that, I would never have tried that thanks to the button config I use (I like to have to reach for my bomb button!).  I've been trying to learn this verison/game without reading too much about it but truth be told I've been struggling recently.  At first I've simply been trying to complete the stage (Stage 1) with a full red guage and no hypering.  Recently I've been experimenting with hypering at the end, and even more recently, just before the beginning/end of the Omote midboss.  I've hit the first extend with Strong style doing that (I think I have) but with Bomb play I can't seem to get higher than circa 300,000,000 - hope that's the right amount of zeros - by the end of the first stage boss fight.

Can you remember, even roughly if possible, what ISO ends up with at the end of stage 1?  I'm not really bothered by what he does (really enjoy just playing around in these games myself) I only want to know what's possible as I try to get into this game!

EDIT: Tried the [bomb/hyper] Red Guage trigger at the very start of stage one: obviously the quicker filled Red Guage, the quicker rising combo counter - end the stage now with over 120,000,000 more points, just from doing that!

EDIT 2: This boost technique works just as well if you bomb first then switch to hyper during it.  Bit safer to do than the double button tap because occasionally just a bomb can come out.  Doing it in a 2-step process is especially helpful if you are having trouble with certain mid-bosses, because you can let the bomb last almost it's entire duration before switching to hyper, then S+L'ing all through that, then when that ends there's a brief moment of bullet cancelling, all-in-all giving you a significant amount of time of relative safety.

ookitarepanda

Just got the board of this recently, and been loving it even more than the port.

Trouble though: Strong mode - I kill the dude in level 3 to get the 1up and he doesn't give it to me! I don't bomb or anything on him, but for some reason, no 1up. Is there some special criteria?

EOJ

My score archive

ookitarepanda

Awesome, thanks! You helped me beat Stage 4  :righton:

Not good enough for the high score thread:

brentsg

Quote from: ookitarepanda on June 04, 2012, 10:15:14 PM
Just got the board of this recently, and been loving it even more than the port.

Trouble though: Strong mode - I kill the dude in level 3 to get the 1up and he doesn't give it to me! I don't bomb or anything on him, but for some reason, no 1up. Is there some special criteria?

Why Strong?  Other modes too easy?

ookitarepanda

Played a bunch of bomb, kept getting killed off by the fifth mid boss. Kiel came over to play and decided to be silly and play strong. Then I played a credit, then he did... Ended up most of our credits yesterday were on strong and it was pretty fun and crazy. I'll go back to "actually" playing the game because I doubt I will ever beat strong mode.

Anyway, a friend of mine managed to beat the game on bomb once without Golden Disaster appearing at all. How do you accomplish this? Maybe you can't ever get an Ura boss? Something about bees?

MARIA123

Ok then! I am playing with power style c type and dont know what means the numbers that appears when you trigger the hyper gauge! someone clipe explain what it means to us?

EOJ

That number is your hyper level. It maxes at 5. A higher hyper level makes the game more difficult.
My score archive

EOJ

In case anyone was wondering, Bomb style has reduced bullet patterns in both the stages and bosses compared to Power style. I played a few Bomb style credits today and the difference was quite apparent at max rank. The OP writes "Bomb and Power styles have first loop patterns/rank (though Power may be slightly harder in spots?)", so their hunch was correct.

The first row of ships that shoot blue bullets in ST3 is a good example: at max rank you can get over 2300 hits in Power style here but only around 1800 in Bomb, due to there being less bullets to cancel.

So to use a Mushihimesama analogy, Bomb=Original, Power=Maniac, Strong=Ultra.
My score archive

el_rika

Certainly felt this way. Good to have confirmation.  :righton:
Also, i think there's a hidden extra layer of rank that kicks in some 10s after full red gauge, at least in Strong.

EOJ

There is an extra layer of rank in Strong that increases bullet density over time and only decreases if you die (Akai Katana has this as well).
My score archive

EOJ

Chrono has posted a stage-by-stage guide to his WR run in DFK BL with C-Strong:

https://github.com/kanaechaniidx/Dodonpachi-Daifukkatsu-BlackLabel-Strong

All in Japanese, of course, but lots of great info in there!
My score archive