Seisou Kouki Strania [G.Rev, JP X360]

Started by CHR_AeON, October 26, 2010, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHR_AeON

From this week's Famitsu, another STG coming to the XBox360  :righton:

Medal

Amazing! I thought I'd never get to play it. Thank you, G.rev.
Now where's my Under Defeat 2?

EOJ

This is an XBLA download, not a disc release. That's a big thing, as it will likely be a worldwide release, and cost $10-$15 instead of $70+. I can tell this due to my ability to make out the blurry "planned for download in 2011" in Japanese in the info box.  ;)

It also says "Microsoft points to be determined" in the price section. I'm betting 800 like the SNK Playmore and Cave shooters.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Medal

Quote from: EOJ on October 26, 2010, 09:44:29 PM
This is an XBLA download, not a disc release. That's a big thing, as it will likely be a worldwide release, and cost $10-$15 instead of $70+. I can tell this due to my ability to make out the blurry "planned for download in 2011" in Japanese in the info box.  ;)

It also says "Microsoft points to be determined" in the price section. I'm betting 800 like the SNK Playmore and Cave shooters.

Even better news. Why Microsoft is so resistant to actual arcade games being released on XBLA is a mystery to me.

EOJ

Pics and whatnot:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/28/strania_xla/

I still think this looks blah, but if it's 800MS points, I'll give it a whirl.
My score archive

EOJ

Anyone get this? It's out on Xbox live today. I'm downloading the demo right now.
My score archive

drunkninja

I bought it.  I think it's pretty cool.  The weapon change mechanic takes some getting used to, but ultimately I like how it works.  My only complaint is that things get a bit chaotic and there are some parts where I'm not sure what's scenery and what's not (the ship that appears just before the Stage 2 boss is a good example), but I'm having fun with it.

EOJ

I just played it a couple times, and it's pretty fun. Snazzy graphics and really nice music. I'm not big on weapon-system shooters, and I hate the damn sword, but the boss and level design seems really good even though I've only seen a couple stages.
My score archive

twoup

I got it last night, had a couple of plays and generally got my arse kicked at level 4. I didn't expect much as it looked a bit like the ps2 silpheed with the way the weapons are but it's better and more fluid then that. I too got a bit confused by the graphics at times & I wish there was a way to make the ship go a little bit slower but I enjoyed it overall, it's pretty good value at 800 points.

pestilence

Quote from: EOJ on March 30, 2011, 06:20:04 PM
I hate the damn sword

This sums up my impression of the demo.

Hated Karous.

Daverost

I like it well enough, I just don't like some of the weapon types (I think we've already covered how annoying the sword is) and it feels hard to get set up with what I want sometimes. Other than that, it's pretty good.

I'm hoping the DLC doesn't cost too much so I can validate my purchase even further by effectively splitting the combined cost in half for a lower per-game cost.

jheiger

The demo was interesting.  It didnt grab me though.  I will give it a second chance i guess.

jyumi

I hope this multiply weapon system does not inbalance the game where I only use 2-3 weapon throughout the game.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Medal

Quite the contrary. The more weapons you level up to a certain level the more points you get (and the bigger endbonus you get).

I just bought this a couple days ago and I'm beyond pleased. Fucking love G.Rev. I didn't like the sword at first, either, but I'm going to try for a sword-only clear while I wait for the Vower DLC to come out (and then I'll sword-clear it there, too!).

SuperPang

You won't have to wait long, it's out today.