Mushihimesama Futari Black Label

Started by EOJ, December 10, 2007, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

GOD MODE - RECO
2,160,586,633 - EOJ - Stage 5

Ended my game at the exact same spot as last time. The 2 bil score feels good though! Maybe if I didn't lose 3 lives in Stage 3 I'd have a better chance.  :/ On the upside Stage 4 is rather easy to do in comparison, I can often get through it without dying or bombing.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Yeah.  Stage 4 is easier than Stage 3 across the board: scoring, surviving, midboss, boss.  The hardest part is the first caterpillar.  Sometimes hard to guage how much damage he has and then you have to bomb or die.

GaijinPunch

Fuck me.  I cleared Original w/ 2 extra lives, but that damn no bomb penalty/bug thing.  Such assness. :/

EOJ

QuoteFuck me.  I cleared Original w/ 2 extra lives, but that damn no bomb penalty/bug thing.  :?  

It's not a bug! I keep reading people on 2ch calling this a bug and it isn't. I've thoroughly tested it out, beating the game with 0,1,2 and 3 bombs in stock. I got 0, 10mil, 20mil, and 30mil per spare life, respectively. Same in both Original and Maniac (and I'd presume God mode as well).

If you have two lives and no bombs you have to suicide at the end. It'll give you an easy 30mil for that one spare life.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I thought you were supposed to get a bonus per bomb on top o the 30 mil per life.

EOJ

You still get the bonus per bomb, same as any other stage (500K per bomb, or whatever). Your clear bonus is calculated by the formula 10mil x Xlives x  Xbombs. So if you have 0 bombs then the result of the formula is 0 points. There are some interesting aspects of this formula, for example it's more beneficial to suicide if you have 5 lives and 2 bombs as 4 lives and 3 bombs gives you 120 mil while 5 lives/2 bombs only gives you 100mil. Likewise you should suicide with 4 lives and 2 bombs (80mil clear bonus) as 3 lives/3bombs (90mil) is better.

The upside to this is that the maximum clear bonus is 300mil (10mil x 5 lives x 6 bombs). That's pretty substantial. Definitely possible in Maniac mode, but probably ridiculously hard in Original due to the crazy rank you'd have to face on the last boss.
My score archive

KOMA

QuoteThe first form of the stage 2 boss is a pain in the ass in Maniac unless you bomb.
I assume you're talking about his second wave right?

EOJ

My score archive

GaijinPunch

Haven't figured that one out yet either.

You know, if I could figure out how to do the stage 3 boss w/o dying twice all the fucking time I'd get a decent original score. I'm over multipliers that last the whole game.  So late 90's.

Sperrfeuer

i also have the biggest problem on stage 3....2nd half of the stage and boss  :mad:
level 4&5 is a walk in the park  :lol:

GaijinPunch

Original Mode - Reco
537,972,098 - Gaijin Punch - All (Lx1, Bx3)

I'll leave it at that for now.

EOJ

MANIAC MODE - RECO
693,780,025 - EOJ - ALL (Lx2, Bx2)

Scores at the end of each stage:
Stage 1: 49mil
Stage 2: 245mil
Stage 3: 388mil
Stage 4: 492mil

No miss up to the second half of stage 5.

Was very close to 700 mil on this run! That last bomb I used on the boss cost me 20 mil, which would have pushed me over. Oh well. I only missed a couple scoring spots in my current strats on this run, so maybe 30-40mil off my theoretical max (exclusive of clear bonus) with my current strats.

Anyway Maniac mode is officially my fave BL mode. Totally brilliant and addictive, and more fun to score in than 1.5's Maniac. Though I'm curious how high scores can be pushed on this. I'm sure 1+bil is possible, though how much of that will consist of a high (or 300mil max) clear bonus?
My score archive

GaijinPunch

What's the clear bonus in Maniac?  I'm not going to bother until I get 3 bil in God.  I've been doing excellent up to the stage 2 boss, or often stage 3, and then it just goes to shit.

EOJ

The Clear bonus in Maniac is the same as in the other modes (10mil x XLives x Xbombs). Mine was 40mil total in my 693mil run.
My score archive

EOJ

ORIGINAL MODE - RECO
792,146,135 - EOJ - ALL (Lx3, Bx3)

No miss (3 bombs used) up to the very end of Stage 5. Overall counter maxed out at 118,000. :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Gave Palm another try. Crappy run, but a new high score:

ORIGINAL MODE - PALM
649,245,651 - EOJ - ALL (Lx0)
My score archive

KOMA

Original Mode Reco
605,142,409 - TUG - ALL (Lx0)

My overal counter up to 110k in stage 5,the bullets was extremly fast!
Edit:Sorry no pic,my camera is broke

EOJ

My score archive

GaijinPunch

Nobody's playing God, eh?
I'm getting a pretty solid stage 1 & 2.  I regularly have 1.2 billion and 25000 or so gold by the end of stage 2.  I've gotten better at the first half of stage 3 but the second half is still rather cock in ass.

EOJ

I just started playing it again yesterday. Though I bounce around all 3 modes quite a bit.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I'll play it from march when I'll arrive in Japan :D
Eoj did you by the pcb?

:lol:
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

Yes, I bought the PCB at release. Everyone posting scores in this thread bought the PCB.
My score archive

EOJ

I gave the scoreboard a new high quality upgrade. What do you think?
My score archive

GaijinPunch

God Mode (Reco)
GaijinPunch - 2,783,649,870 - ALL (Lx0, Bx1)

Probably could've made this a 3 bil.  Screwed up in unfortunately some key parts.  My wife barging in and insisting to repeat 3 times that I got a letter in the mail (big fucking deal) didn't help.  That was stage 5. :(  The fact that I went 0/5 on stage 1 just prior to this (this was my 6th and last try of the day), is somewhat shocking.

QuoteI gave the scoreboard a new high quality upgrade. What do you think?

Cool, but it will be a pain in the ass for you.  There is a phpbb tables mod out there somewhere.  It might be easier.  I should install it at gamengai, as a matter of fact.

Shalashaska

Holy shit, well done! :shock: On to Ultra now?

GaijinPunch

EOJ

ORIGINAL MODE - PALM
747,980,294 - EOJ - ALL (Lx0)
My score archive

KOMA

Maniac Mode-Reco
439,210,073 -TUG -  ALL - (Lx0)

I'm pretty happy with this run. :D

EOJ

Scores updated. Next update will be next weekend, and will continue once every week (usually on the weekends) after that.
My score archive

EOJ

I just screwed up a great chance to beat my Maniac mode score. I had a run with the following end of stage scores:

ST1: 58mil
ST2: 299mil (!!!!)
ST3: 415mil
ST4: 518mil

No miss up to the middle of ST5. I got to the last boss with 665mil (screwed up the last dragon at the end, costing me at least 10mil), 4 lives, and 4 bombs.
I cleared it with 1 life and 2 bombs remaining, and a score of 691mil. :mad:
My score archive