Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcass

Cave's refusal to implement scanlines after so many releases is now starting to look almost belligerent.

EOJ

Yeah one of the 2Ch guys said "as usual, the extensive visual options M2 implemented in the Futari port are not here."
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Van_Artic

QuoteSound options: you can choose the original or arranged soundtrack for each individual stage in either mode (like in Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu)
does that means the arrange ost is in the game? sweet!

EOJ

Yes, of course. They are the default soundtracks for the arrange modes.
My score archive

HVL

Really looking forward to Wasi303's stuff. His track on the latest PV fucking incredible. :righton:

Re: scanlines, I think we all knew this coming... Such a shame though.

emphatic

No word on the unlimited lives inclusion for Pink Sweets? And for you who want scanlines, just get an SLG3000 already.  :) http://wp1114205.wp150.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress/?page_id=745

EOJ

My guess is the infinitive lives trick is in Arcade mode ver 1.0, but not 1.01. A few guys have asked about this on 2Ch, but no one who has the game so far has the skills to test that out.
My score archive

Dude

EOJ

My score archive

Monouchi

Quote from: emphatic on February 21, 2011, 04:39:49 PM
No word on the unlimited lives inclusion for Pink Sweets? And for you who want scanlines, just get an SLG3000 already.  :) http://wp1114205.wp150.webpack.hosteurope.de/wordpress/?page_id=745

Yep, I agree with Emph here, the SLG3000 is amazing and so easy to use.

NR777

Quote from: EOJ on February 21, 2011, 09:13:29 PM
24th. Some people got it a few days early.

P-A also seems to be shipping early.  Mine just shipped out.

evil_ash_xero

bcass

Quote from: Monouchi on February 22, 2011, 03:14:12 AMYep, I agree with Emph here, the SLG3000 is amazing and so easy to use.

Is the scanline intensity variable on this device?

emphatic

Quote from: bcass on February 22, 2011, 09:04:40 AM
Quote from: Monouchi on February 22, 2011, 03:14:12 AMYep, I agree with Emph here, the SLG3000 is amazing and so easy to use.

Is the scanline intensity variable on this device?

Yes, it's a pot. You can also choose to put it on even or odd lines, whatever you like better. It's a must needed thing unless you have a CRT setup IMHO.

EOJ

I have to laugh at the difference between a pure Yagawa X360 port and an Ikeda or Ichimura X360 port - the 2Ch thread for MMP/PS is still very sparse, and other than the few details that have trickled out none of the guys with the game are saying anything about ver 1.0 and 1.01 differences, or other gameplay stuff (I think these guys just don't know much about these games). No videos yet either, as far as I can tell. There are a few frustrated 2ch guys asking for specifics about the ports, but no one is responding. Actually a lot of them seem pissed at Cave for not disclosing  prior to the game's release what these "ver 1.01s" change or add.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Special World

That Muchi Muchi Pork backdrop may be the best thing I've ever seen.

Lovin dem gold oinksters.

moozooh

Ahahaha, the loading screen! A golden piggie head gently bobbing on a rotating rose blossom! <3
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Play-asia has a pic of the LE box up:

It has the same cover art as the DVD case that is housed inside. Also note both SE and LE have the same exact disc art (all previous LEs had different art on the disc).
My score archive

emphatic

The middle option (top) in the game menu (where left takes you to Pork and right to Sweets), is that the setup/option screen? It looks fabulous!  :righton:

supabok

The top one is "ranking" and the bottom one is "system options".
They really put in some work on the menus cuz at the winter festival all they had at the time were just the arcade cabinets to select the game you wanted, i.e. muchi or pink sweets.
nice job either way!

btw, love that the vid starts out with otomedius G!!haha

StarCreator

It's cute, but I'd get tired of it pretty fast; it takes way, way too long to load when moving to the left or right.  Definitely too form over function for me.

Killer French Bread

Cool menus - the trees look nicer than those in Gran Turismo 5.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: StarCreator on February 23, 2011, 11:55:24 AM
It's cute, but I'd get tired of it pretty fast; it takes way, way too long to load when moving to the left or right.  Definitely too form over function for me.

I wonder if the loads times are as bad when the game is installed on the HDD. The menu's remind me of Final Fight Double Impact, very nice. Too bad the game switching isn't as seamless. Although I don't mind a bit of loading.

sh00g

Random junk:

- You can indeed turn down the volumes individually.
- When selecting music you can set either arrange or arcade on each stage as well as boss music.
- Had to use my JP account to grab the Matsuri bonus mode.
- Annoyingly have to turn off wide screen mode and adjust manually to get the full screen effect on my crt.
- The VAs that could cut through glass don't seem as bad as I thought they were gonna be from vids I saw a while back.

Theres just something really satisfying on pork when you just lay into enemies with the lard attack.  :laugh:

EOJ

Quote from: sh00g on February 23, 2011, 01:19:17 PM
- Annoyingly have to turn off wide screen mode and adjust manually to get the full screen effect on my crt.

Sounds like Guwange's visual options.  :-\

Pics of the LE and SE:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shinsha3/archives/1397786.html
My score archive

hipgnosis

Quote from: sh00g on February 23, 2011, 01:19:17 PM
Random junk:

- You can indeed turn down the volumes individually.
Thank god!

And that menu looks cool, those arcade cabs are a nice addition.