Raiden fighters 2, viper phase 1, quick questions.

Started by thestreetzking, August 19, 2011, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thestreetzking

I have a deal on RF2 and VP1, its the Seibu motherboard with the carts, this thing has a suicide battery apparently? is there anyway to change it, the owner of the board says if you play it once a week it charges? does that sound right?

Also what would you pay for these 2 with the mb?

**http://rf-emporium.ghegs.com/misc/seibuspi.htm

from that link, says battery is not a suicide battery but i guess was once thought.

emphatic

There's no mention of SPI on the Dead Battery Society site: http://www.arcadecollecting.com/dead/dead.html

And I've never heard that from anywhere else either. The only thing I can imagine happening if the battery dies is that it won't keep the game in memory, so you would need for the battery to be charged for the game to function. If you power the board without a working battery you should see an error message and you would have to change the small jumper on the board marked "JP1" IIRC, then wait for the counter to go down to 000, power off the board, then set the jumper back and the game would be stored in the memory again.

On another note, I do remember Skykid have a mobo die on him due to the power turned off while the board was updating the NVRAM (the counter described above).

thestreetzking

yea its a RTC I guess so no suicide battery. Do you have an idea of what this bundle is worth?

emphatic

Sorry, no clue. You could check pricelists from Fuijita...

ookitarepanda

I could be a little off, but a RF2 just sold on ebay for $115 + shipping (link) even though most people try to first sell them around $140, and I've seen VP1 go for anywhere between $100 and $200.

thestreetzking

thanks for that, that puts his price right in line with those!

flywheels

I just moved my RF2 machine upstairs and when I went to power it on I got the JP1 error message.  I've seen this before - it would just "load" a few arrows (>>>>>>>>>) and then start the countdown from 999 to 000.  Once powered off and back on it would play fine.

Tonight it would only load a few >>>> arrows and then it seemed as it if were stuck.  I left it running for awhile and it never got to the countdown.

I looked in my manual and on the motherboard for the JP1 switch...but I have no idea what I'm looking for!  Did the vibrations of pulling the machine up the steps possibly damage my board?

Could anyone supply me with a pic of the board letting me know where this JP1 switch is and what I must do to troubleshoot this problem?  Thank you!