Main Menu

WR scores [OLD THREAD]

Started by Plasmo, December 31, 2007, 08:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

So you're saying the first loop maxes at 279,500,000 (or 279,599,999) points? That's a pretty bizarre number to be a counterstop, not to mention having a counterstop that only stops on the first loop (and continues to climb in the second).  :oogle:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

These are probably the only guys who know:

http://schiphol.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamestg/1235846513/l50

There's no context to the 'counta stoppu ari' written in the notes.  Not sure what it means.  Could the stage or boss counter max?

adverse

Ok, on the next page there's some notes about some of the scores.  There's a paragraph about Ketsui which I'll translate below:

"Ketsui - If you destroy mid-sized enemies with shot and then switch to lock right before they explode, the multiplier item will behave as if you killed it with lock, further progressing the 'empty lock' technique in which the enemy multiplier and the stage multiplier do not decrease.  Pressing A+C at the same time and releasing C right at the moment when the enemy dies makes it possible to empty lock even the popcorn helicopters.  Although the technique is really difficult, players have succeeded in boosting their score efficiency.  However, doing this means that you have to start thinking about all popcorn enemies in the stage as empty lock targets, which seems to turn Ketsui into a game that demands totally different skills and patterns from what we have seen up until this point."

Nothing about the counter-stop.

PROMETHEUS

That's a super lame technique in my opinion, because it forces players to learn the exact split second when each enemy dies from their attacks and then perform a nearly frame perfect action everywhere in all stages... BORING

croikle

Maybe what they really mean is the score at the end of the first loop?

Doesn't the stage counter max at 999 or so? Not that that gives a maximal score, of course.

Plasmo

QuoteMaybe what they really mean is the score at the end of the first loop?

That's what I think, yeah. "the counter stopped at 279,5mill after the first loop"

markedkiller78

Quote from: Plasmo on March 30, 2009, 12:51:07 PM
QuoteMaybe what they really mean is the score at the end of the first loop?

That's what I think, yeah. "the counter stopped at 279,5mill after the first loop"

Is that not the score at the end of the DS (Death label) superplay?

EOJ

Yeah, the score at the end of the 1st loop on the DVD is 272,874,732.
My score archive

jpj

just noticed this on the cowboy forum:

Air Gallet
ZNA-(謎)?CKDF-CKL-DBS - 11.347.840

and ZNA is one of ISO's aliases.  what does the CKDF mean?  i thought it was one of the shooter teams, but it's ages since someone explained it.
but are ISO and DBS the same person...?   ???

zakk

CKDF == Chicken Defense Force

Quote from: jpj on April 07, 2009, 06:31:39 PM
just noticed this on the cowboy forum:

Air Gallet
ZNA-(謎)?CKDF-CKL-DBS - 11.347.840

and ZNA is one of ISO's aliases.  what does the CKDF mean?  i thought it was one of the shooter teams, but it's ages since someone explained it.
but are ISO and DBS the same person...?   ???

jpj

Plasmo

Updated with the newest issue's scores. I honestly can't believe that new Futari 1.5 score....just too awesome.  :o

EOJ

Yeah, that's pretty wild. Only about 1mil away from the counter stop.
Is it SWY? Sometimes he puts in goofy names for his scores.
My score archive

Plasmo

SWY should be busy with DFK. He never really goes back to an old game and doesn't focus on two at a time. My guess is that t's Dame K.K again. :righton:

EOJ

I don't know where you heard that, but SWY definitely goes back to old games. He was playing Psyvariar 2 at a recent event, for whatever reason (everyone else was playing Cave games). He also played Futari 1.5 Ultra at last year's Wasshoi event (about a year after he got his DVD score).

I don't think it's Dame K.K., as he seems to be a strict Palm guy. I think it's either SWY, or someone new.

Odds are we'll never know for sure.  :P
My score archive

Plasmo

QuoteOdds are we'll never know for sure. :P

If this mysterious guy gets the counterstop next month or so, I'm quite sure he will use his "real" pseudonym. Hopefully.

Kaneda

A few days ago I saw the fruitiest-looking guy in the world (all sorts of make-up, girls pants and low-cut shirt, dracula-like cape thingy) get a J+ score in Battle Garegga with Gain. It was both impressive and emasculating at the same time.

Plasmo

That most probably was T3-Kamui himself. I haven't heard of any other players getting so close to 20mill.

powerfuran

Quote from: Kaneda on May 10, 2009, 09:02:04 AM
A few days ago I saw the fruitiest-looking guy in the world (all sorts of make-up, girls pants and low-cut shirt, dracula-like cape thingy) get a J+ score in Battle Garegga with Gain. It was both impressive and emasculating at the same time.

I saw Kamui once at HEY and he didn't look like that... wait a second, if that guy was very short and skinny he was certainly Risu, another garegga freak. He uses to dress like you said, though he doesn't use Gain that much.

ABC-P.F

Quote from: Plasmo on March 30, 2009, 12:51:07 PM
Quote"the counter stopped at 279,5mill after the first loop"

The counter stop in Ketsui is that the upper multiplier stops in boss fight.

Although there is no certain method to make the counter stop,
it can be occured when you destroy the first or second form of a boss.

EOJ

New Deathsmiles and DSMBL scores from the latest Arcadia:

DEATHSMILES
Windia - No Canyon
448,527,346 - ERT

DSMBL
Rosa - 10,689,398,882 - Yodosan 
Sakura - 11,299,896,181 - 下風@ストーリーだってぶちギレてるぜ!! 
Follett - 10,269,972,851 - Ressa

Finally broke 11bil in DSMBL!
My score archive

Plasmo

Wow, I'm surprised to see a new score for Death Smiles there, I thought they were done with this game. Dame K.K was beaten by Ressa and Oroshi is being awesome as usual.
Good stuff, thanks.

EOJ

New DDPDFK 1.5 scores. Holy shit @ Yusemi & Dame K.K's 850+bil scores.  :o Yusemi nearly made it to 900bil.

A-P Ura - 869,118,932,333 Dame K. K. 
B-B Tsuujou - 526,818,205,987 オートボム祭り 
B-B Ura - 572,624,870,115 UNK 
C-P Ura - 890,797,908,833 Yusemi
C-B Ura - 471,502,408,525 Mocchi
C-S Tsuujou - 488,807,716,061 TNC
My score archive

Plasmo

526,818,205,987 オートボム祭り
That can't be another B-B Ura loop score, must be a typo? Is it maybe Tsuujou?

EOJ

You're right, it's Tsuujou - my typo. I've fixed it.
My score archive

adverse

A few other scores of note:

Espgaluda II   Asagi             876,487,270   Darurun
Muchi Muchi Pork Much Muchi Blue 2-loops 247,290,850

Kaneda

While it isn't Cave, there's a new Ikaruga record (36m+, just a smidge over the previous score) which is pretty impressive considering how popular the game is and how maxed out the scores were already thought to be.

EOJ

Wow. Is that WIZ again, or a new dude?
My score archive

Kaneda

Pretty sure it was a new dude (or WIZ using a new handle). I didn't buy the magazine since Arcadia has been hitting the skids in terms of quality so I'm just going by my memory here but I think the score was 36,05m or something, compared to the previous high as listed at the cowboy forums of 36,014m. Hard to remember clearly since my mind was still reeling from the 890b DFK score.

powerfuran

Could you guys in possession of the magazine provide some more details (if any details are listed at all) about these new Ikaruga and DFK scores?

Ikaruga would be some big news, since WIZ +36 score was seen as almost unbeatable by other players.
As for Daifukkatsu, after the version update a very good player said that he could not imagine a score higher than 600 bil.... these new numbers are crazy.

EDIT> just had a look at 2ch "official" ikaruga thread.....
斑鳩 ノーマル 36,056,960 ましこ
No other additional information.

EDIT no. 2
The internet wins
http://www.geocities.jp/emuhirosan/
Seems like good ole MSK is THE man in Ikaruga now.....
in the pic you can see the amazing score breakdown he had, iven if it's not a perfectly maxed out run.

Sorry if this is too OT.