Taito LD Game Collection (12/14/2023, Switch)

Started by EOJ, July 07, 2023, 10:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Okay, this is pretty cool. Taito is releasing an HD collection of three laserdisc games: Time Gal, Uchū Senkan Yamato, and Ninja Hayate. So far, it's only announced for the Switch in Japan.

https://www.taito.co.jp/taitoldgamecollection

Quite pricey too, at 9,680 yen for the standard edition and 19,580 yen for the LE.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I bought this and just received it this morning. It was about 7900 yen on Amazon JP. Still pricey, but for what you get I feel it's worth it. Here are some pics of the game, the title screen, the training mode, and the config screen for Time Gal.

Although all three games are on one cart, the games show as separate icons on the Switch home screen. Each one required a large software update from the internet when I installed them. They have different options in the config screen. Scores seem to save after power down. I have played through a few minutes of Time Gal and Ninja Hayate. Really beautiful transfer of the original Laserdiscs here. I had only played the Sega CD version prior and this is so much nicer. You don't have to deal with load times either.

Pretty amazing that Time Gal came out in 1985. I'm going to try to beat that first before I tackle the other games, and explore the scoring in some more depth.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999