Main Menu

Ads are now disabled for members

Started by EOJ, February 13, 2011, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I need to keep the ads up to help run the site (I get random nickels and dimes from them, but over time they add up and help cover the site costs), but I figured out a way to disable them from view for members who are logged in. I've tested it, and I think it's working. Let me know if any registered member is still seeing the ads while logged in.

Just another great reason to join the forums!  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

CIB

phrenzee

That's neat and all, but to be honest, they've never really bothered me. I believe I actually clicked the Play-Asia banner to preorder MMP/PS. If the banners help paying for this fine establishment, I wouldn't mind them staying.

EOJ

Well, I'll see how this goes. If my ad revenue really drops due to this, I'll probably have to put them back up. There is still the play-asia banner on the front page.  :)
My score archive

Shalashaska

Nice feature, thanks. I always try to click on the ads every time I visit to help a little but not having them when logged in is nice.

EOJ

Thanks for that. Most clicks are worth just .02 ~.10 cents, but in my Google adsense account I saw one click that was worth $5 (depends on the ad) a few weeks back. Thanks to whoever did that one!
My score archive

gsl

So do you get paid just for clicks, or does a visitor have to spend a certain amount of time on the ad's site or click a link or something, first?

If you get paid no matter what, I'll totally start doing that before signing in.

EOJ

All that matters is the clicks, you don't have to do anything on the sites.  

The front page still has a google ad box in the upper right.  :)
My score archive

brentsg

jyumi

Just the clicks? I'll start clicking every time I visit then :)
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Dave_K.

Thanks for adding this feature.  I show my appreciation by buying through cave-stg playasia affliate link.

EOJ

My score archive