Main Menu

WR scores [OLD THREAD]

Started by Plasmo, December 31, 2007, 08:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmo

I'm quite sure that they haven't figured out her last attack pattern yet, and thus they don't really get a higher score by fighting spiritual larsa. It's just a matter of time of course until they get 5,5bill+ scores.

EOJ

You get double the end bonus if you fight Spiritual Larsa, so with all other things equal it will always give you a higher score than a run without fighting her (as long as you don't die more than one time on her). You have to no-miss to get to her. Assuming NAL did that, he would have died once on Spiritual Larsa to finish with 4 lives and 3 bombs - an end bonus of 240mil.

I'm not sure how many more points they can squeeze out of God mode. You'd have to no miss the game with like 3-5 bombs left to get 5.5bil probably. Your end bonus would be 300-500mil.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

zlk

This is slightly off topic but is DBS aka DAB-S the same player as SOF-WTN? I have read WTN's blog on mixi and he sometimes posts screen shots using the initials DBS.  Anyone know?

jpj

DAB.S and SOF-WTN used to go to the same arcade.  here is a link to the daytona 3 game centre where various world records were broken before they closed down (most recent being the INH raiden fighters dvd scores):

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/kayouclub/

however, they list ISO and T.B.  i used to have a psyvariar 2 vhs replay from T.B, and it's become apparent that "T.B" is another set of initials that ISO sometimes uses (he used to play a bit of Melty Blood too, and used T.B for his initials in tournaments etc).  and he also sometimes uses ZNA.  

as they list a DAB.S and a DBS on the daytona page, it could be that they are the same, or it could be alternative initials for WTN, or a third person entirely that WTN is friends with through the arcade.

could you post a link to WTN's blog?  :D

zlk

jpj

do i need to sign up to view it?

zlk

You just need a mixi account, which you need to sign up for.

toby

A new futari maniac (BL right?) record by sinmoon . 5 lives and 5 bombs remaining if I understood correctly, not too shabby.
http://sinmoon.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/97/

EOJ

GFA2-ISO got a new high score on the Deathsmiles DVD:

Casper (NO CANYON): 462,255,490
My score archive

jpj

player Y.S.K

DDP DFK counterstop :lol:

elf

Quote from: Plasmohighest extended score probably is a counterstop ;)
i wouldnt think so, because then we'd already know what comes after the Z, if there is anything beyond that

Plasmo

Yeah i know, I was wrong earlier.

toby

Ibara extended has been counterstopped the ps2 version, I think it was set to give two full bombs when you die, so he could milk the last boss like crazy. He ends with a square-character-score. I think it goes 0-9, A-Z, a-z then square.
I think I have the video somewhere, I could upload if anyone wants.

elf

yes please :shock:
how long is the whole video btw? crazy milking takes some time i guess

toby

I'll upload it when I get home tonight. I think it's a couple of minutes long

toby

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=FII5IA69
He starts with a !-score, then has a ? before the "counterstop", so it does go beyond the lowercase letters at least.

elf

wonder why cave made ibara this tough to counterstop.
thanks for uplaoding toby, will check that now

Gakidou

Yeah, thanks toby. Never seen this before. Where did you find it?

toby

It's probably from hameko (which is dead now), not sure though.

EOJ

Plasmo updated the list on July 9th. Check it out!
My score archive

EOJ

Not sure where else to put this, but in case anyone is interested, here's a page I found with the scores from the top players in China (Shanghai mostly):

http://www.lie-huo.com/liehuobbs/viewthread.php?tid=1700&extra=page%3D1&page=1

Some of the scores are on par with top Japanese scores, particularly the 5+bil Mushi Futari Black Label score with Reco, which is very close to TAC's WR! The guys named WS, WC, and IO seem to be the best.
My score archive

jpj

i recognise WC - top metal slug player   :righton:

Plasmo

Thanks for the link EOJ!
That Strikers 45 plus score is a new WR and beats the old one by 300k!
IO has a very good Strikers 45 II replay up at super-play.co.uk btw.

EOJ

Quote from: EOJ on August 05, 2008, 05:09:48 AM

Some of the scores are on par with top Japanese scores, particularly the 5+bil Mushi Futari Black Label God mode score with Reco, which is very close to TAC's WR!

Actually, amazingly, WC's 5,067,355,615 ALL score with Reco is higher than TAC's, and must be the new WR. I mixed up TAC and NAL's scores, I thought TAC had the 5.2bil when actually NAL did (w/Palm).
My score archive

Kaneda

New scores from the latest Arcadia:
Deathsmiles
Casper no canyon - 462,722,890 - GFA2-ISO
Rosa no canyon - 465,964,988

Mushi Futari BL
Maniac - 1,364,598,390

EOJ

Thanks for the info. Is the Maniac MFBL score w/ Reco?
My score archive

Kaneda

Kaneda

New scores from the latest Arcadia:

Galuda II
981,073,929 - Ageha

Death Smiles
512,293,292 - Follett No Canyon
500,571,957 - Rosa No Canyon

Ketsui
519,126,843 - Type B

DFK1.5
342,673,414,683 - Type A Bomb - Tsujou Loop - Clover TAC
296,559,133,364 - Type A Bomb - Ura Loop - Clover TAC
119,331,010,543 - Type A Power - Tsujou Loop - Dame K.K.
361,316,909,197 - Type B Bomb - Tsujou Loop - KTL-NAL
339,117,935,050 - Type B Bomb - Ura Loop - KTL-NAL
392,076,272,007 - Type B Power - Tsujou Loop - Kagamin
167,985,977,255 - Type B Power - Ura Loop - Dame K.K.
325,629,766,806 - Type C Bomb - Tsujou Loop - KTL-NAL
287,628,022,015 - Type C Bomb - Ura Loop - KTL-NAL
372,855,622,341 - Type C Power - Tsujou Loop - Wacchi
115,503,303,262 - Type C Power - Ura Loop - Yusemi

Ast-Kot

DBS reached 3.6xx.xxx.xxx at Alpha station Mushihimesama Futari black label and someone reach 3.3billion with palm in original mode.... ;)
Maybe they did not submit their scores ;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Kaneda

Edited my post with the rest of the DFK scores. Kind of surprised at how low Yusemi's score is, but C-Power must not be an ideal ship type for this game.