Main Menu

Enslaved [Xbox 360/PS3]

Started by EOJ, November 26, 2010, 07:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Another game I played the demo of, quite liked, and ordered on amazon.com this week due to it being on sale for $25.  :righton:
Any of you play this yet, and if so, what are your impressions?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

There's a demo?  I've gotta get with all this newfangled Internet stuff and check it out!  I remember reading about this a while back and thinking it had an interesting premise, but I wasn't sufficiently invested as to go looking for it right at release.  Might have to spring for it, at that price.

fuse

Similar boat to yourself EOJ - wasn't expecting much but thought the demo was good, saw it cheap (?15!) so grabbed a copy. Hopefully will get some time to play it soon.

EOJ

I got this the other day and played through the first 2 chapters this morning. I am enjoying it, but a few annoyances that popped up in chapter 2 are bogging it down. First, it's often not clear what you are supposed to do in a given situation, and I found myself wasting time trying to look for the right ledge or ladder to jump up on (they will be slightly shining to guide you). A lot of the game just seems like needless trial and error. Also, the controls aren't as tight as I'd like, and I've had to re-enter inputs to jump over a ledge or something. Feels a bit sluggish, but not so bad that it ruins the game. Anyway, now that I'm getting a bit used to how the game plays out, maybe things will be smoother sailing in the rest of the game.

My score archive

EOJ

I'm up to Chapter 10 now (there are 14 in the game). Yes, I played 10 Chapters in one day.  :o This game is not without its flaws but I find it a ton of fun and quite addictive. Will probably finish it up tomorrow.

BTW Chapter 2 is the worst in the game, IMO.
My score archive

EOJ

Completed it today. A fun ride!
My score archive