ESPrade

Started by drboom, May 30, 2008, 09:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeb

Quote from: bitkidI finally got to stage 4! Too bad I died at the big plane mid-boss.
Tip: Its patterns are usually straight, so you can just "slide" through. Light joystick taps needed here.

Kaede

Finally an improvement:

Kaede - 6,657,850 - Stage 5 - Yusuke

Kaede

Kaede - 7,889,690 - Stage 6 - Yusuke

jpj

nice going dude, how far are you making it into stage 6?

Kaede

Cheers, managed quite a way I think. I remember it was past the two big tanks anyway...stupidly lost my last life with a full shield meter :mad:, could of lamed my way through another 60 seconds worth at least. :laugh:

Have to say I do really like this game but what the hell is up with the controls? I keep 'sliding' into bullets like in no-other Cave game.

btw, is there an end of game bonus ala Mushihimesama? I'm wondering why there's the jump in scores between the ALL's and Stage 6.

EDIT: btw drboom, you haven't added thamasha69's score to the table.

drboom

thanks for the heads up, Kaede. Table updated!

GP also complained on the controls in the shmups strategy thread, but to be honest, I haven't really noticed anything. I wonder if it has something to do with the animation when the character pivots as you move left to right?

bitkid

I think its just because of the weird shape of the sprite and where the hit box is in relation to the sprite. I have had that same feeling that my hit box isn't where I think it is when playing Esp Ra.De. Just remember the hitbox is always just below the characters head and its about 2x2 pixel.

GaijinPunch

It just feels funny.  You're meant to go around swarms in this game...not through them.

Kaede

9,800,200 - Stage 6 (Boss) - Yusuke.

Final boss in this is fucking awesome.

jpj

goodluck for the clear mike :righton:

drboom

Damn, you are close Kaede. Looks like you might clear it this weekend! Good luck.

Geeb

Quote from: Kaede9,800,200 - Stage 6 (Boss) - Yusuke.

Final boss in this is fucking awesome.
I know, right? It's like Sara+Alice on steroids.

Kaede

10,547,680 - Stage 6 (Boss) - Yasuke 

battle gregor

i can smell that 1cc too .. i also find myself hitting bullets i cant see or think i got past.. i think this is due to
1. being colourblind and using jb 5th is no good cos the blue bullets clash with the purple for me
2. a slightly different control feeling to all other cave games due to the shot and bubble thing
3.too many bloody diagonal bullets  :P

12,339,680-stage 6(boss)-jb 5th

markedkiller78

Quote from: battle gregor on August 18, 2008, 10:37:58 AM
i can smell that 1cc too .. i also find myself hitting bullets i cant see or think i got past.. i think this is due to
1. being colourblind and using jb 5th is no good cos the blue bullets clash with the purple for me
2. a slightly different control feeling to all other cave games due to the shot and bubble thing
3.too many bloody diagonal bullets  :P

12,339,680-stage 6(boss)-jb 5th

Jesus Charlie, that?s an improvement. 10.8m is the best I?ve had lateley.

Are you using the 2p side by any chance? You can pick up a shed load of points on level 6 by keeping the multiplier at x16 & using the time increase bug / trick.

I can get to Ms Garra with 2/3 lives regularly & 4 on occasion. I just seem to be screwing up on patterns I can normally deal with when I?m on a good run. I?ve stopped playing for score at the minute in the hope of clearing the game.

The hitbox is below the head as GP said, but from the superplays it looks like you can avoid swarms of bullets better then passing through them (easy said)

battle gregor

nah just been using 1p side.. sometimes i can get a mad chain on level 5 if i time it right so my shield  energy bar starts refuelling .you just keep firing off your c shot(which stops the time counting down) to keep the sixteens going and then keep refuelling on the mad amounts of energy flying down. canny remember if i got it working on this go tho..

i hate playing on 2p side so i might have a shot at changing over the wiring for 2p to 1p side and see if that helps..

mrs garra sucks  :(

drboom

If you are playing on a cab, you can probably just plug the 2p controls into the 1p slots, assuming you can get the wires to reach. Haven't tried it myself yet, but once I can get the clear, you better believe I will.

markedkiller78

Quote from: drboom on August 19, 2008, 08:15:53 AM
If you are playing on a cab, you can probably just plug the 2p controls into the 1p slots, assuming you can get the wires to reach. Haven't tried it myself yet, but once I can get the clear, you better believe I will.

I feel exactly the same way. I actually have a 1p AWSD panel that will suit the bill perfectly for this ;)

It?s not classed as cheating using the 2p side is it? The Clover-TAC run uses 2p JB 5th.

Quote from: battle gregor on August 18, 2008, 12:02:31 PM
nah just been using 1p side.. sometimes i can get a mad chain on level 5 if i time it right so my shield  energy bar starts refuelling .you just keep firing off your c shot(which stops the time counting down) to keep the sixteens going and then keep refuelling on the mad amounts of energy flying down. canny remember if i got it working on this go tho..

Thanks for that little tip Charlie.

11,159,030-stage 6(boss)-Yasuke

Best I?ve had in months & I know that I can improve on it. I was just trying to score using the bomb/multiplier on levels 5 & 6 & dropped 3 lives. I?m sure the next run will be better ;)

drboom

Using the player 2 exploit is definately not cheating, so no worries.

Kaede

Quote from: drboom on July 19, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Damn, you are close Kaede. Looks like you might clear it this weekend! Good luck.

I hate you Dr.Boom!  ;) =D

drboom

Wondering why I haven't seen that clear yet...

Kaneda

18,813,900 - ALL - JB the 5th

thamasha69

Just got out my PCB for the 1st time in a bit.  I thought it had some problems, but fixed after tweaking some settings on the XRGB.  I used to play w/ all the handicaps I could to learn the game, but started playing like I should (default).

6,370,380 Stage 5 Yusuke

I basically threw away 2 lives in Stage 5 since I needed to leave and drive back to work.  I played a few credits tonight with JB 5th.  I never liked him that much, but now I don't think I can go back.  It does change the way I play quite a bit, but is easier for me to get those 16x's  :)  So I think I'm gonna start playing JB 5th from now on and hopefully make a lot of progress.  I just have to adjust after playing so many hours w/ Yusuke.

toki

First credit on *any* game in months, and get a new hi for me.  Still nailed to the bottom of the table though.

5,117,190 - stage 4 - JB the 5th

Third_strike

Third_strike           10,340,490       6        Yusuke
[img=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5048/espr0001.th.png]
Cool!

drboom

Nice work and welcome to the high score thread!  =D

Ruldra

I got this score a few days ago. This was my first proper Cave clear.

Ruldra - 16,220,220 - ALL - Yusuke

Third_strike

Third_strike           11,085,570       6        Yusuke

Cool!

Third_strike

Third_strike    11,178,440       6        Yusuke

Cool!

Third_strike

Third_strike    18,692,420       All        Yusuke

Cool!