Mushi Matsuri 1.5 Maniac/Ultra: the road to 9,999,999,999 + X360 Arrange mode

Started by EOJ, May 27, 2012, 10:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Current thoughts on how to reach 9,999,999,999+ on Maniac/Ultra (NOTE: despite what you may have read elsewhere, it has nothing to do with dying when your counter is at 9,999,999, as deaths reset the counter to zero! Also, I don't think it's possible to get the counter to 9,999,999. If you got it that high in any stage you'd counterstop the game in about 10 seconds):

-Skillful use of skyrockets on the numerous nanabushes in Stage 2 should allow you to get over 3 million on the counter on the midboss. Further skyrockets are possible on the nanabushes in the second half. This should yield 2-3bil for the stage.
-Get over 3 million on the counter on Stage 3 by the last part, this should give over 6 billion points for the stage. Counterbanking and skyrockets on the first part, with strong skyrockets on the sidearms should enable this. I got 2.1 billion on the stage with a max counter of 900k at the end with 700k in the middle parts. YOS.K gets 1.2million on the counter but dies before the crucial part at the end, costing him probably about a billion points (he gets 2.5bil on the stage).
-If done perfectly, the above two things should counterstop the game in the Arcade version by the end of stage 3. The X360 port appears to go into the 10s of billions, so we can push beyond this.
-Stage 4 can yield at least 2 billion with a strong pattern and skillful skyrocket on the midboss to get the counter over 1million for the second half.
-Stage 5 is still unclear for me, skyrockets don't seem to work well on the large hives, but the midboss is definitely a place to get a high counter.
-Total potential score for the game: 12~15bil?

X360 ARRANGE MODE
Just some useful observations right now:

-Holding just A rather than A+C makes the counter go up 2x faster.
-There is a proximity effect like in Original MAX mode. Get close to enemies on the top of the screen to increase the counter faster.
-For increasing the counter S>W>M
-Unlike the PS2 arrange mode, you can counterbank and skyrocket enemies and midbosses, just like in Maniac/Ultra modes.
-If you rapidly tap the change shot button, only your lasers fire. This may be useful for counterbanking.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I thought I'd update this with optimal autofire rates for the X360 port.

Hold C + RAPID A no longer makes your shot stronger in Ver 1.5, so set RAPID A to TRIGGER TIME=1, INTERVAL=7, and only use it for slow A tapping. Similarly, the optimal rate for RAPID C in this version seems to be TRIGGER TIME=1, INTERVAL=7 (this is what SINMOON uses on his Ultra MAX video to get over 11 billion on Stage 5 alone). These rates are only for W-Power, I am not sure what the optimal rates for S-Power or M-Power are in this version.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999