Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets [February 24, 2011, JP X360] REGION FREE

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstarflare

Does pressing B on its own change your rose hip formation? Only thing I can think of is that you only think you're pressing B. :x

re: Infinite Rose Hips, maybe I've activated it before and didn't realize it. Can't wait to try it out.

Icemael

I just turned the game on to play some more Pink Sweets, and speed changing works now. I'm guessing it was just a one-time glitch.

cstarflare

So does anyone know what causes the infinite hadou trick to deactivate? Obviously when you die (which happens a lot  :facepalm:) but it seems to switch off in that big wave right before Score Attack's third midboss which fucks up my milking of his spiral attack.

Do you have a limited number of shots, time, score?

EOJ

The guy who posted the nico video wrote the conditions in Japanese. He said "this only occurs in S.ATTACK mode. When you have zero rose hips, and get an extend, it activates. Once in awhile it will go away, but as soon as you get another extend it comes back."
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Tain

I somehow uploaded a score that is worse than my prior leaderboard score. Made it further, though. Has this always been possible?

I'm having so much trouble dealing with stage 4. I feel like I can't do anything but bomb spam the stage's boss, and I pretty much never have enough lives in stock by the time I get there to make it through. Maybe I should worry about rank a little more? Playing as Rafute and feelin' real bad at this, lol.

EOJ

Worry about rank a little less, I'd say. Don't suicide unless it's on a boss (and even then, just do it to get a fresh bomb stock), and get the 1UP at the stage 3 midboss and you should be fine. Also, use your bombs! Every last one of them, if you can. Bomb use is critical in this game, and it can save your ass in many of the tricky parts. Bomb away whenever your back is against the wall (in the stages or on the bosses) -- unlike other Cave games, it's not a bad thing to do in MMP. Make sure you're medalling properly, though. If not, you won't have enough lives (and bombs) to play around with. If you don't have constant 10K medals starting from the second half of Stage 1 through stage 4, you're doing it wrong. If it drops in stage 4 or 5, that's fine. Just bring it back up ASAP.

You should have at least 10mil at the end of stage 1, at least 25 at the end of stage 2, and at least 40 at the end of stage 3. Those are all bare minimums.

I think it took me four or five days to 1CC the original PCB version with Rafute (with a bit over 100mil) when I got it back in 2007, playing a handful of credits each day. It's really very easy if you approach it the right way.
My score archive

Tain

Got home from work, took a nap, and played only a small handful of credits before getting to 2-2 and doubling my score. Thanks! Stage 5 seemed really tame after struggling so much with the stage 4 boss.

EOJ

Hey, great job on the first loop 1CC.  :righton: That's what I like to see.  =D

Quote from: Tain on March 16, 2011, 12:20:15 AM
Stage 5 seemed really tame after struggling so much with the stage 4 boss.

It's a pretty tough boss, but at least the port is accurate here - the slowdown is pretty much 100% the same on this boss as on the original PCB version.
My score archive

Kaneda

Good work, Tain. Glad to see at least one other TNL`er that still plays these games.

I agree with everything EOJ said about how to play. I never, ever suicide for rank control, it`s not all that bad in this game and you need your lives and bombs. The only time I suicide during a stage is if I need lard for a mid-boss or I have a full stock of lives and am coming up on the next extend.

I`m a bit of a wimp when it comes to milking the 4th and 5th bosses, but I suicide 3 times on the stage 1 boss and 3 or 4 times on the stage 3 boss.

I wish I could figure out how to position the bosses. I feel like it must have to do with how you move around, but it may also be random. This is especially important for the third boss.

EOJ

A lot of the boss movements are random, as are many of their patterns. Just have to get lucky.
My score archive

vercimbeer

Oh, cool--Tain and Kaneda--I was a small-time poster over at TNL for a while and went by the name of "Crafter." I think I've left that place for good, though.

I'm seriously addicted to this game. I played 14 runs of Pink Sweets Arrange today and actually left work early to play more. A fine release, even if it is riddled with inaccuracies and that annoying local scores bug.

crackfox

Finally got my copy yesterday!!!!  :righton:
Pork is awesome!!! Really good fun!
I have had a couple of credits on Pink Sweets but think i am going to play pork for a while, try and get better and then play sweets properly!!!
Great double pack!!! Very happy with it!!!  :)

EOJ

For those interested in 1.00 replays, I've started playing MMP ver 1.00 using my Japanese gamertag (colorsinspinjp). I will only use this gamertag for MMP 1.00, since the port doesn't have separate leaderboards for 1.00 and 1.01. I uploaded a 164mil 1-ALL replay with Ikuo this afternoon, it's #4 on the Ikuo leaderboards.

I am beginning to get accustomed to the different slowdown in the port, and the differences are not quite as significant as I previously thought (I will need to revise my review of the port). With some more time spent adjusting, I think I could get scores comparable to what I got on the PCB.
My score archive

crackfox

I have had some more time with pork and i have to say it is really excellent!!!  :righton:
I have been trying to score to the best of my ability on stage 1 to see how close i can get to the first extend....
6.5 mill is my best attempt up to now... i am finding that trying to medal and stay alive is very difficult for me but i find the scoring system so much fun!!!
If there are any other new players reading this, when are you getting that first extend?
I have seen a few vids of some players getting 22 mill but this is way beyond me!!!!!!!  =D
I can see that this game is going to get a lot of time from me....
Was not expecting to enjoy it so much!!!!  =D CF.

EOJ

A new, revised version of my review of this package:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=1041

It fixes the mistakes and misconceptions in the previous review.
My score archive

Special World

How exactly does the x64 multiplier work? Does it multiply points for kills, medals, or both?

EOJ

Pretty sure it's just enemy values, not medal values. Medals values are set at 1000, 2000, and 3000 (the latter two values only occur with the hadou gun).
My score archive

ohfivepro

Has anyone else had their online scores wiped for all games? I know I have ??? It's not a major problem but I was the 1st Westerner to post a 'Clear' for PS S.Attack - I was quite proud of this as God knows I'll never acheive anything else of merit in these shooting games.

I played again yesterday and managed to beat my old score (which still displayed as the in-game high score) and have now rightly regained my place as the lowest scoring Clear on S.Attack - just a couple of thousand behind EOJ.

Can anyone explain the final boss pattern in S.Attack (I'm guessing it's the same in Arcade mode too) - sometimes it dumps huge blue lasers all the time which score huge but other times it just farts about with some basic bullet patterns that don't earn you much points. I'm guessing it's rank related but my ranks usually the same by the time I get to the boss and I get different patterns most times - is it just random luck?

Plasmo

QuoteCan anyone explain the final boss pattern in S.Attack (I'm guessing it's the same in Arcade mode too) - sometimes it dumps huge blue lasers all the time which score huge but other times it just farts about with some basic bullet patterns that don't earn you much points. I'm guessing it's rank related but my ranks usually the same by the time I get to the boss and I get different patterns most times - is it just random luck?

It is not rank related and unfortunately random luck. :-\

Why don't you post your scores in the highscore forum btw?

ohfivepro

Well I'm usually skiving at work when I'm reading the board and when I'm at home I'm usually gaming or doing something not internet related. I'll put some scores up in the next day or so though as they're not too embarassing on these games.

Plasmo

Nice, looking forward to see them!

We definitely need more PS players. :)

Come on y'all!

EOJ

Quote from: Plasmo on March 21, 2011, 03:36:05 PM
We definitely need more PS players. :)

We also need more MMP players! I'm honestly stunned that so few people are playing the game seriously for score a month after the port's release (this includes you, Plasmo), and practically no one other than myself is playing ver 1.00 (except the few people with the PCB, and maybe Icarus too but he never posts any MMP scores so who knows).

My score archive

Special World

Does anybody have an alternate link to this?

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13224740

For some reason I can't skip around, and I'm not about to watch 1:23 of Pink Sweets in a stretch.

Icarus

Quote from: EOJ on March 21, 2011, 08:45:49 PM
We also need more MMP players? and practically no one other than myself is playing ver 1.00 (except the few people with the PCB, and maybe Icarus too but he never posts any MMP scores so who knows).

I'm concentrating on PS v1.00 at the moment, so MMP v1.00 can wait. I sold all my PCBs last year, so it'll take time to get back into the flow.

ASR

After the credits roll on PS,
it sits at a screen thanking you for your playing.
If you hit start it skips the score board.
Is there anyway to not skip the scores?

EOJ

My score archive

ASR

Yeah, I would think it would automatically go to the scores after the song finished.
but the song loops, I let it loop for the 3rd time and gave up. Not a big deal.

drunkninja

Okay, so am I approaching the bosses the right way in Pink Sweets?  Here's what's been my basic plan:

Build up shield, absorb all the bullets I can.
When a pattern comes up that can't be absorbed, shoot if needed and dodge.
Repeat as long as I can comfortably keep up, usually until boss times out if possible.  Otherwise take it out.

Plasmo

If you're not going for a max rank clear, you're doing it wrong.

Never use the shield. Absorbing bullets doesn't give you any serious points, it's better to just shoot them down quickly.

EOJ

Well, sometimes you have to use the shield. Also, it's a good way to milk the stage 1 boss (pretty much everyone with a decent score does that).
My score archive