Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

drboom

Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine, co-developed by Cave - says so right on the title screen. I got a code for the closed beta and figured I'd try it out.
Unfortunately, it crashed on me just going to look on the status screen after I leveled up and since I am not a fan of MMO's, I think I'm just giving up. Kind of neat to see Cave working on something like this. It looks like it'd be fun for MMO players and SMT fans, but since I'm waaaaay more of the later, I'll just play Persona 4 instead.

markedkiller78

Mushihimesama Maniac. First time around I hated this game, but second time I?m in love with it. L3 is so good, if a little easy. L4 on the other hand?? Those worm things are a total bitch.

I can?t believe I dismissed this game so quickly last time.

EOJ

Mushi Futari 1.0 Original mode! Easily the best Mushi Original mode ever made. I'm trying to clear it with Reco, but it's
hard as hell. Maybe I should switch to Abnormal.

Also some Pink Sweets normal mode w/ Shasta on the side. Trying to get my infinite lives groove back.
My score archive

EOJ

I'm currently hooked on Muchi Muchi Pork again, and having fun trying to increase my Futari Black Label Maniac mode score. Also a few rounds of Ketsui tossed in every now and then.
My score archive

skykid

Progear is back in the spotlight. Got my first US 1CC in a London arcade last week, and then broke the 13 mil barrier on the JP board at home.

Can taste the JP 1CC I'm so close.  :oogle:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

RGC

gl kid, you can do it! :)

See this month's competition for my current choice of pain (Galuda Arrange).

Note to self: Never watch another MMM replay. I hate those situations where you watch a kick-ass vid and think to yourself "Ahhh OK, I get it, I get it.." then fire up the game, only to get killed/drop points in exactly the same fucking places as before.

skykid

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

markedkiller78

DDP & I?m sucking ass hard.

L5 seems harder then L6 for some reason, or at least I drop all my lives on L5 / use tons of bombs

EOJ

Futari Black Label - God mode w/ Palm.  I've only just started playing seriously with Palm
but already I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun. It's harder to get to grips with Palm, but in God mode, he's definitely the best.
I'm beating the crap out of Stage 2 with him - I ended the stage with 1.4bil once today.
My score archive

KOMA

I ain't play any of my caves games over 2 months!Since i'm in day off today,i put MBL after my combo coffee cigarette,original mode 500M stage 5 boss
Need to relearn the game but i was a fun run. :righton:

Sycada

I haven't played anything (or posted here for that matter) for ages, just not enough time and its summer here, but have recently been getting a few goes in on daifukkatsu before work in the mornings on power mode with the chopper mostly. Gotten to the 2nd loop now but still have a terrible score and no idea how to chain well.
Still, I LOVE the game and can't see myself getting bored with it for a long, long time.

floorshw

These days I am playing Progear (MAME), Espgaluda (PS2), DoDonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou (PS2) and sometimes Ibara (PS2, mostly Normal and sometimes Arrange).

I wish I could afford PCBs and an Egret2, for I love Muchi Muchi Pork, Pink Sweets and got hooked on Daifukkatsu recently.

astrodan88

Pink Sweets (thanks EOJ  ;))

geez this game kick my ass. I must like it though because I keep coming back for more. =D

jpj

errr...  i think i might start playing pink sweets again  :oogle:

EOJ

You have to trigger the infinite lives at least once. With it, it becomes one of the funnest games around. Without it, the game is about as fun as jumping into a brick wall over and over.
My score archive

jpj

i'm trying to re-read through all the old pink sweets threads   :o
galford's email address has been deleted, nothing new on nico, and i'm kinda losing hope on ever learning the real secrets of this game

what's sparked me back up is i was trawling through gamebox's site, and a guy there had a 8.8mill score attack record with kasumi (who i love for that mode).  oh, and trawling through dozens of japanese blogs trying to find something/anything to no avail  :(

it's a shame you never had a video recording setup dude.  i guess you don't have the game anymore either?   :-\

EOJ

Yeah I sold my last board to astrodan. I'm pretty happy with my 10mil ALL w/ lace, and 16mil 2-ALL in Extended mode w/ Shasta. I don't see myself ever beating those scores. I did want to clear Score Attack, but gave up on it.
My score archive

jpj

maybe re-reading through all that stuff will get me thinking of new things to try - although most of it is just you and i arguing, haha

jpj

had a couple of credits on pink sweets a second ago.  man, even with auto-B i can't figure out what the hell they must be milking on score attack.  probably way off, but the only thing i really noticed was lots more destructable bullets.  i wonder if it's possible to generate a variable extend, and in SA mode, it gives you +1mill instead...??  none of the midbosses are really worth anything if you milk them.  and neither are the laser turrets (at best, you are maybe talking 20k).  and whatever it is they're milking, it needs to be *really* beneficial ... and FAST.  there's no point in spending an extra 1 minute to milk 50-100k.  each minute milking needs to be giving you a whole million for it to be worthwhile, otherwise you'll run out of time...   :-\  the stage itself is about 9 minutes, and about 2-3 to kill the boss.  if galford reached the boss with 6 mill and 2 mins left on the clock, then he took 11 minutes on the stage, ie only an extra two minutes of milking.  i didn't notice any real effect from auto-B on the last boss either, although i was dying a lot and credit feeding.  man, i wish i could figure this out.  and i can't get used to lace, at all..! 

Plasmo

I was thinking about milking the second midboss with Lace's shot. It's quite beneficial, but not quite enough. :-\ Maybe with a high rank you could get enough points from there? I never played with autofire so I don't know, but I have a feeling that this midboss is important. This is probabaly the wrong topic, let's continue discussing in the strategy section if you want. ;)

EOJ

Muchi Muchi Pork w/ Ikuo. Just had a run where I ended ST4 with 108mil. Rammed into a bullet at the start of stage 5 to end my credit.  :whyioughtta:
My score archive

adverse

Just got to 2-2 in DOJBL, and scored 167 mil, so I'm gonna put that game aside for a little bit.

Will be working on Mushi Futari BL Maniac and Ketsui from here on out.

Jonpachi

I just got an email that the battery has been changed in my Progear and should be back to me this week. Finally going to get to make a run for the 1CC. I played it hard for about a week after I got it, but had to give it up to get the battery changed before it bit the dust. I've never gotten to really put serious time into this game, even though it's one of my all time favorites.  It's always a credit here and a credit there at someone's house or arcade. Can't wait to really dig into it.

Geeb

I'm thinking about giving either DoDonPachi or Guwange another go. Definitely with Type B on both.

Took some shots at Kyukyoku Tiger II recently. Almost had the 1CC, though I panic-bombed the whole way. I think I'll put some time into this, at least to get 8-9M.

Hooray for choppas.

jpj

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: lgb on March 04, 2009, 12:23:44 PM
I'm thinking about giving either DoDonPachi or Guwange another go. Definitely with Type B on both.

Took some shots at Kyukyoku Tiger II recently. Almost had the 1CC, though I panic-bombed the whole way. I think I'll put some time into this, at least to get 8-9M.

Hooray for choppas.
lol what is type B in guwange ? kosame?

lgb

Yeah. I've always done that with DonPachi, even though I never saw the type "letters" anywhere in game (more like "type that-red-ship-with-the-straight-shooting-orange/red/blue-bullets" imho :righton:). I use to call the DonPachi ships Type R(/O), Type G(/P), and Type B(/B) because of their colors.

Joe T.

Playing the ol' Espgaluda pcb lately.  I'm about to put my head through the monitor because I still cannot beat this on one credit.  Other than that, Guwange.