Monthly Competition #2 Ibara Dyne (April)

Started by freddiebamboo, April 02, 2008, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddiebamboo

Ibara Dyne

Feel free to start posting scores for this months competition folks - even if you didn't participate in last months comp, you're still more than welcome to join in :righton:

Name - Score - Stage is the preferred format.  Either PCB or PS2 scores are fine and play on the usual defaults with no restarts, continues etc... and have fun :)

Ibara
1. freddiebamboo - 3,485,160 - Stage 3

freddiebamboo

Get things started:

freddiebamboo - 3,485,160 - Stage 3

Forgot just how challenging stage 1 is in this game - and it is even worse with slower-than-a-week-in-jail Dyne dropping medals constantly.

jpj

i really wanna play in this comp freddie, but i need 9+ mill to get on my own scoreboard  :/

is it okay to play on Extended Mode for this comp?  :oops:
is the difficulty (first loop) the same as Normal Mode?

EOJ

Yeah, I'm wondering if Extended has a slightly harder first loop, like Pink Sweets' Extended mode (it's actually quite a minor difference).

Also, I'll try and throw a score up soon, if only to make the scoreboard a bit less bare. Have to say Ibara is my least favorite SH3 game, so I'm not terribly enthused. I'd rather be playing Ibara Kuro or Pink Sweets.:D
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

freddiebamboo

Hey, I just chalked this up to a fail on my part - I was going to go Dangun Feveron (or maybe B-L DDP) but I looked through the "what cave games are the best" thread and saw Ibara had quite a few fans on the board.

To be fair, I'm just as bad - I played for that score there and sadly have been playing FFXII since, which is possibly the least rewarding game on the planet :(

As for the extended mode, I made my best Ibara score on it (Icarus was in command of the hi score board at the time and said fair enough as long as you don't loop the fucker - har dee har), I've always felt the round bullets were easier to see on it.

EOJ

So you didn't notice any difficulty difference in Extended mode?
My score archive

freddiebamboo

Not at all, in fact I'd probably say it should be classed as slightly easier because of the increased clarity of those awful blue circle bullets - and I've never been one of those chaps who complains about raizing bullets, it's part of the game and you should learn to deal with it.

The only prob is getting good enough to 1CC it and then having to go back to normal and adjust back to the evil blue dudes :mad:

jpj

so extended is okay then?  this would be cool because then my board will have a table of bond scores, and atable of dyne scores  :)

freddiebamboo

Yeah, feel free buddy.

BTW was Archers W score done on just one loop?  I've not been following Ibara scores for quite a wee while - are these scores made on extended or are they really abusing normal mode?

I watched the DVD super of Dyne ages ago from an avi, but I can't remember what kind of score he ended up with.

jpj

really abusing normal mode!  archer's score is now a Y score  :oogle:
the dyne player was Y.S.333 (a shikigami no shiro player), and it was like 27m i think (an R score?)

i haven't seen any japanese scores for harder mode or extended mode.  there's a harder mode replay on the dvd, but i think this is just an added bonus.  some people think it's because the game would counter-stop at Z,999,990.  but i think it rolls over (as you can see when entering your initials) into lower case letters.  as archer says he is now dreaming of an "a" score!  i think the reason arcadia have never published harder or extended mode scores is simply lack of interest from japanese players.  mind you, they never did scores for 2-loop runs on battle garegga, so who knows.  

it's time for bed for me freddie, i got work tomorrow.  but i will start playing on sunday  :righton:

freddiebamboo

Cheers for the reply mate - I'm just in from work sadly :laugh:

freddiebamboo

C'mon people, one sodding score is not too much to ask :P

jpj

Quote from: jpji will start playing on sunday  :righton:
:oops::oops::oops:

i'll try and get a score on this weekend.

RGC

Looks like you'll be picking next month's challenge, fb. Despite having the top score. :P

Hope I own whichever game comes next!

jpj

Quote from: jpj
Quote from: jpji will start playing on sunday  :righton:
:oops::oops::oops:

i'll try and get a score on this weekend.
unfortunately i can't participate - problems with my jamma connector :(

sorry dude.  and yeah, i think freddie should get next month's pick :cool:

EOJ

I'll try and put up a score today or tomorrow.

And I'll pick the game for next month - will announce it in a couple days. I don't want to have the same person pick a game two months in a row.
My score archive

freddiebamboo

Quote from: EOJAnd I'll pick the game for next month - will announce it in a couple days. I don't want to have the same person pick a game two months in a row.
Yup, after this month I'm probably the last person who should pick the game :laugh:

EOJ

3,585,830 - EOJ - Stage 2 (boss)

Only had time for 2 credits.
My score archive