Monthly Competition #4 - Dodonpachi (June)

Started by jpj, June 03, 2008, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGC

RGC - 39,927,180 1-6 - C-S (204 max hit)

Hilarious run using Mame32 Plus! 0.99 (inp file saved)

Can someone tell me the best version for recording inp files in future? 0.99 seems to have save states and cheat options (not that I would use them).

jpj

RGC

Quote from: jpjhow come it was hilarious...?  :)
It was all going so well until stage 5, then it just turned into one of "those" runs. Looking at the replay, I was doing some farily silky dodging on all 6 stages, interspersed with ramming into rogue bullets that I'd already spotted and planned my path around. You know that feeling when you start getting ahead of yourself; the simplest shit catches you out while the complex is (dare I say) a breeze? Well it was like that. I was too in the zone. The best bit was my tactical not-bomb, where I purposely waited til I was overwhelmed, then prodded the surface between buttons on my HRAP. It was a case of laugh or cry. :whyioughtta:

Kaneda

Kaneda - 89,641,680 - 2-5 - C-S (404 max hit)

jpj

EOJ

Due to Kaneda's great score, I've chosen him to pick the game we'll play for July. So please let us know your choice by July 1st, Kaneda. Remember, you can make it as specific (particular mode and/or particular ship/shot type) or broad as you like.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

RGC

Where's GP's score? :D

Managed to chain all of stage 2 for the first time the other day. :righton:

GaijinPunch

Quote from: RGCWhere's GP's score? :D
Managed to chain all of stage 2 for the first time the other day. :righton:
Busy... too busy to devote time to this game.  It deserves way more than a month.
One day... just not any time soon.

jpj

Quote from: EOJDue to Kaneda's great score, I've chosen him to pick the game we'll play for July. So please let us know your choice by July 1st, Kaneda. Remember, you can make it as specific (particular mode and/or particular ship/shot type) or broad as you like.
you shouldn't be allowed to pick dodonpachi again though  :P

jpj

RGC

I'm annoyed we ran out of time on this one -- I'm ready for a 50m+ score, just haven't had the time to sit down and string it together. More consistently chaining stage 2 now with around 475max hit. Started practicing chaining stage 4 the other night..that's pretty tough.