Main Menu

Poster Framing

Started by gsl, August 08, 2008, 02:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsl

Okay, wasn't sure if this would be quite suitable in the main thread, so I'm putting it here.

Basically, I came back with a few Cave posters from their festivals, and I'm thinking they'd look nice framed and hung up in the office room of my house.  I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a simple black or metallic border.  As the posters are pretty large, does anyone (specifically, anyone living in America) have any suggestions as to where I might go to find a frame that large?

Thanks!

grotto

Check out these poster clips:

http://www.posterclip.net/

Don?t know how they will look like with "normal" sized poster,
but I think they will do a pretty good job with my Galuda 2 poster.

jonny5

ikea...if they have that where you are

GaijinPunch

Japan: They have B1 poster frames. :)

gsl

Wonder what shipping on something like that would run.

Do you know if they sell DIY frame kits, GP, where you provide your own backing/glass/acrylic/whatever?  That would make things easily.  Otherwise, I think I'm just going to do this foam core/acrylic/binder clips thing a guy on shmups came up with.

GaijinPunch

I was thinking of that.  Honestly, I have no idea.  You should ask Zap...he did some searching around for them.

lowemark

Quote from: jonny5 on October 08, 2008, 05:02:42 PM
Ikea don't have any frames that are large enough for B1 posters, at least not here in Sweden..

zap

Yeah, I was looking for B1 frames some time ago. They're about 4000 yen at Tokkyu Hands. Didn't see any DIY kits, and when I asked about bringing the frame home, they told me either by send it home-service or by yourself. Not possible to make the frame smaller.

If shipping isn't too expensive, I'll probably buy some and send it home to Sweden when I move back.

markedkiller78

Quote from: lowemark on October 22, 2008, 02:18:33 AM
Quote from: jonny5 on October 08, 2008, 05:02:42 PM
Ikea don't have any frames that are large enough for B1 posters, at least not here in Sweden..

With the largest of the Ikea frames you can fit around 95% of the poster in. You need to fold around 1cm on each side & the top & bottom or cut them!

All depends on how expensive the poster is & if you care about that stuff. I?ve got 4 squeezed into Ikea frames