Aa! Mujou! Setsuna! aka Metal Torrent [DS]

Started by adverse, September 07, 2009, 10:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Aa! Mujou! Setsuna!
DSi

Cancel bullets on the screen at the same time to upgrade your cube type and increase your chain.  The more cubes, the quicker your special gauge refills and the more bullets you can cancel.  Game hinges on completion given the sizable end game bonuses.

Nickname - Highscore - Stage
Settings: Default

Pattern Mode

QuoteType A (Easy)

1. Hydeux - 125 952 105 - ALL
2. HaggarFist - 111,270,027 - all - type A

QuoteType B (Maniac)

1. SFKhoa - 183,272,871 - ALL
2. HaggarFist - 147,330,336 - ALL - type B
3. HEX- 132,353,713 - ALL
4. Hydeux - 130 624 497 -ALL
Random Mode

QuoteType A (Easy)

1. HaggarFist - 102,186,682 - ALL - type A

QuoteType B (Maniac)

1. KOA - 263,777,770 - ALL - Type B (Random)
2. HaggarFist - 149,349,959 - all - type B

adverse

HEX - 132,353,713 - ALL - Type B

KOA

KOA - 201,446,726 - ALL - Type B
EDIT: Random Mode.

EOJ

Hey, nice choice for the "score some more" section.   :righton:
If I ever manage to get this, I'll join in.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

KOA

New scores!
KOA - 183,272,871 - ALL - Type B (Pattern)
KOA - 211,536,811 - ALL - Type B (Random)

adverse

Lovely scores man.  How many phases would you say you're getting green cubes on?  I think I've got green cubes for most of phase 6 through 8 and decent chains up to that point.  I gotta go to Yodabashi tonight to dl some replays and see how people are dealing with the final boss with B type.  I had three lives up to that point  :laugh:

KOA

The 1st phase of the final boss? I have no idea how to tackle it either. They all seem to explode at once from what APPEARS to be a time-out destruction. Not that it matters to me. At the 2nd phase though, I just beam the red enemies to cancel the boss bullets into cubes. The game is nice enough to play warning sirens at you if you're taking too long confronting the boss. after 3 sirens, it'll just explode so I try to milk as much as possible until the 2nd siren and try to finish it off until the 3rd one starts playing. I perform the same method w/ the 2nd boss (Phase 5).

As for the green cubes, It's also phase 6-8 as well, but I managed to luckily trigger one during phase 4-5. There's a certain enemy that lets me do this easily, it's the one that basically wall-jumps from side to side shooting those curved bullets.

EDIT: I was able to gain green cubes on Phase 3.

adverse

Nice.  Thanks for the info. 

I downloaded some replays at Yodobashi last night and it seems like if you try really really hard, yes you can chain stage 1 with A type.  The cubes pretty much only get up to blue level though.

I made #41 on the leaderboards for B type which is nice but surprising.  I guess people are having a lot of problems with the bosses, since my score isn't spectacular.

YosK's #1 replay for B type pattern is so sick...that guy has awesome skills.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on September 11, 2009, 12:59:06 AM

Yos.K's probably the most underrated player in Japan, at least among Westerners. He's on the same level as SWY (the best player in Japan) in terms of pure skill.
My score archive

zlk

Quote from: EOJ on September 11, 2009, 01:03:01 AM
Quote from: adverse on September 11, 2009, 12:59:06 AM

Yos.K's probably the most underrated player in Japan, at least among Westerners. He's on the same level as SWY (the best player in Japan) in terms of pure skill.

Yos.K is certainly a great player.  However I don't see why you say he is on the same level of "pure skill" as SWY.  He has the pink sweets WR (no video available as far as I know) and has a video counter stopping DDP DFK 1.0.  Have you seen any other videos of the guy? Maybe you know some of his other high scores. 

EOJ

Look at what he has done. Counterstopping DFK 1.0 a couple weeks after the game was released? You don't think you'd have to be on SWY's level to do that?

He also had a killer DDPDOJ score for awhile. I don't think he plays a lot of shmups, but when he does, few can match him.
My score archive

adverse

Thing I still can't figure out about DFK's counterstop is that it stopped before the 100 billion mark right?
That means that ROM and the other people testing it must never have chained stage 5.  Like, even once.  Or that they never chained 2, 3 and 4 on the same run.  It still blows my mind how they could have missed that.

zlk

I agree few can match Yos.K.  He is a great player and I think it was cool of him to put up his counterstop video on nico. 

I am surprised that Cave didn't catch the counterstop bug.  Each stage seems like it can be chained in its entirety.  The game designer would have to assume that quite a few players would be able to do this. 

KOA

New score.
RANDOM - Type B
KOA - 221,512,987 - ALL

HOLY HELL I can trigger red cubes on the FIRST phase!

adverse

Quote from: KOA on September 16, 2009, 01:40:44 PM
New score.
RANDOM - Type B
KOA - 221,512,987 - ALL

HOLY HELL I can trigger red cubes on the FIRST phase!

Secrets plz.

What rank are you right now?  Sorry I have no Wifi.

KOA

I'm currently 4th on the wifi rankings. Yos.K's still first.
Anyway, it seems the red cubes are only attainable for the snakeline enemies. On random mode, it's extremely convenient if they were the very first enemy to spawn since you can potentially chain the red cubes throughout the whole stage, earning near 2 - 2.2million.

I believe in pattern mode, the red enemies spawn first and THEN the snakeline ones, in which case, I have to break my chain from the red enemies anyway.

Basically in the first stage, when the snakeline enemies appear, there are going to be three waves of them (one by one) before another type of enemy generates. I pretty much hold my fire on the 1st wave until the 2nd wave appears, then when they do, destroy all of them. At the very least, you'll end up gaining the orange cubes. (You can get red cubes if you start shooting at the right time, it appears some moderate timing is required to get red cubes effectively)

adverse

Nice strats, thanks KOA.  Haven't had time to play lately but I'd like to get back to it at some point.

Something that surprised the shit out of me: Mihara posted up that A type has passed B type on the pattern board rankings.

P-A 278,077,311
P-B 254,640,806

Pretty nuts.

KOA

Yeah but then YosK just got a really scary 280+mil score up on the leaderboards for Random Type B.
Though seeing Type A outscore Type B...that's a surprise.

adverse

Just wanted to bump this thread since the game is out in Europe now (I believe) and will be out in the US in a couple weeks.

Post scores here, the only board with a score thread!  ;)

Hydeux

(First post here ! Hi  Everyone !)

Can't believe this : the game (renamed Metal Torrent) has been out for a week now in Europe, I'm first on both Pattern Red and Pattern Blue but my scores are just CRAP compared to Jap'ones !

The rankings should be worldwide ! I wouldn't be less ridiculous, but at least, I'd have stayed anonymous !  =D

So, as a beginning :
Pattern, Red Orion : 125 952 105
Pattern, Blue Nova : 130 624 497

Gotta work now ! (and this would be quite easier with some Japanese replays !)

KOA

OH MY FUCKING GOD. I'm happy and pissed at the same time. I'm happy because I have a new score.
I'm pissed because it's on my cousin's US DSi (I'd like to keep all the godly scores on the Japanese DSi).

Maniac, Type B
SFKhoa - 263,777,770 - ALL

adverse

Nice score, KOA.

Where would that have put you on the Japanese rankings?

Scores updated!

KOA

Looking at the Japanese leaderboards now, it would've put me in 10th place.
I'm suddenly tempted to write a guide on what this game is; and since this game just came out in the US, I expect this table to get a little more attention soon.

EDIT: Nuts, I forgot to mention that it was a RANDOM MODE score.

EOJ

The scoreboard here is screwy. KOA's top PATTERN-B score should be "KOA - 183,272,871 - ALL - Type B (Pattern)". His top RANDOM-B should be the score you currently have in the top PATTERN-B chart (263mil).

EDIT: Nevermind, I went ahead and fixed the chart for you.
My score archive

adverse

Sorry about that, thanks EOJ.

charlienash87

finally updated from a fat ds and got to play this. kinda late but scores are scores

Pattern mode
HaggarFist - 111,270,027 - all - type A
HaggarFist - 147,330,336 - all - type B

Random mode
HaggarFist - 102,186,682 - all - type A
HaggarFist - 149,349,959 - all - type B

why is type A so much harder to get a good score in when it's the easy difficulty? unless i just suck at type A the same way i did in ketsui DL. type B just feels a lot more fluent. regardless, feel like i can really improve on all of these scores, just need some more practice and to land a solid run. being able to DL replays helps quite a bit, which ketsui DL had that option.
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara