Aa Mujou Setsuna [JP DSiware, Arika[Mihara]/Nintendo, 2009]

Started by EOJ, June 16, 2009, 05:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOA

Quote from: EOJ on September 04, 2009, 02:38:02 AM
Is there a Yodobashi in Kyoto? Haven't seen one in my wanderings around town.

Mihara is a real Japanese nationalist. Good thing he doesn't have Asada's job.

So...what's going to happen to my 190mil score (which is now 2nd place in Random Mode Type B online rankings) if he finds out the score was made by a Canada-jin person?

Megalixir

Considering how Mihara comes across as a xenophobic bigot, I bet he would probably try and have it removed, but he can't. Since the game is live now, I think the only people who have control over the leaderboards is Nintendo.

I wonder if they killed off all those cheaters in Tetris DS yet.

HVL

Mihara's being as dick as ever, how nice. The scores of MMM/KOA must be quite a blow to him and his nippon ichiban attitude. Poor guy.

adverse

Created a score thread (apparently topic 666 on this board!  :righton:) here:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=666.0

Khoa and others playing this, go ahead and submit your scores.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on September 04, 2009, 02:38:02 AM

Mihara is a real Japanese nationalist. Good thing he doesn't have Asada's job.

He's qualified to be the Mayor of Tokyo then.

fuse

Quote from: adverse on September 07, 2009, 10:59:18 AM

I will try and get round to playing this some more soonish so I can prop you all up.

adverse

Quote from: fuse on September 08, 2009, 07:39:59 AM
Quote from: adverse on September 07, 2009, 10:59:18 AM

I will try and get round to playing this some more soonish so I can prop you all up.

You can probably beat my score.  It's on the low side most likely.  I have a really hard time with the boss on B type.  A type is a breeze though even if chaining is harder. 

KOA

Ugh, I absolutely loathe Type A. I'm pretty much with Type B in the end.
Also, Competition's starting to get fierce over at the online rankings, I dropped down from 2nd to 4th in a day and I've just recently took back my 2nd place standing. I'm at school at the moment so I'll post my new score along w/ Pattern Type B later.

adverse

Is it possible to chain the first level in A type?  Seems like your chain inevitably is going to break on the mid-sized enemies that spit out the sort of fan-shaped danmakus.  Game would have been a lot more interesting if they took the chaining aspect from Dodonpachi where training your laser on a mid-sized enemy keeps your chain, even if at a low level.  Doing that would have made type A chainable for most of the stages.

KOA

No matter how much I tried, it doesn't seem feasible. I tried bombing to maintain the chain but that didn't work quite well either. I'll have to play w/ Type A a lot more to know.... not that I really want to. :/

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

RemyK313

Wow, this game actually looks really good. I won't be getting a Japanese DSi for it, though  :-\

Megalixir

So what's the general consensus of this game, guys? I can pick up a Japanese Pink DSi for about $240 shipped, brand new. I barely touch my current DS Lite, so this game would be the reason for purchasing. I think I'd like it, but then I keep remembering it's on the DS and the controls usually make me want to throw it at a wall.

Maybe I'll check out some of the latest Castlevania games while I'm at it.

adverse

Elixir - I think it's a solid game.  One problem I have with it is that since the clear bonus is a sum of all the cubes you got, max chain, lives etc. and literally makes half your score, you absolutely have to play for the clear.  That sort of scoring system is incompatible with how I want to play my DSi - on the train, on my lunch break etc. since it demands so much concentration.  If you just got the bonus as you went along I think it would be a much more fun game to engage casually.

So no, I wouldn't say it's worth the DSi.  But you should check out the latest Castlevanias for DS anyways as they do kick ass.  :righton:

adverse

A bit off topic, but another argument against the DSi, at least given current Nintendo standards:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375658

EOJ

While it's a stupid policy that will hopefully be remedied, I don't see how that's an argument against the DSi. After all you can't play any DsiWare games on a DS or DS Lite.

My score archive

Megalixir

I don't get it. I'm pretty sure you can't transfer DSiware stuff from a Wii to DSi, but I sold my Wii long ago. So it's just saying that all downloaded content is attached to a single unit and can't be transferred.

Wasn't this announced pretty much at the same time as the DSi's release? None of my consoles or handhelds have stopped working on me and I usually take pretty good care of things.  It's probably something to do with the lack of an account system, unable to recover on different DSi units to re-download content. Unless they add something like that, I'm not surprised.

neomoe

Quote from: HVL on August 24, 2009, 07:12:04 AM
Quote from: Megalixir on August 22, 2009, 06:57:10 AM
Is it possible to download DSiware (or whatever) outside of Japan, or is it restricted to credit cards only?

There are cards with Nintendo points which are suitable for DSi/WiiWare. DSiWare is region locked but I don't know if there's any IP-blocking. I highly doubt it.

Sorry for bumping an old thread everyone, but I have a chance to get a reasonably price jpn DSi and just wanted to confirm if it is possible to download this game from the USA?  From my understanding, I would just need to buy a points card (from like Play-Asia or NCSX)?  Is that correct?  Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

EOJ

Quote from: neomoe on February 10, 2010, 04:42:48 PM
just wanted to confirm if it is possible to download this game from the USA? 

yes.

From my understanding, I would just need to buy a points card (from like Play-Asia or NCSX)?  Is that correct? 

yes.
My score archive

neomoe

fuse

Sorry to contradict but there's no need to get a points card. My UK Mastercard works absolutely fine straight from the JPN DSi store and I'd presume it's the same for my Visa, or any other major credit card for that matter. So it's still completely possible from the US, just if anything a little easier :)

Jockel

Man this is so stupid... why do they have to region lock this crap?  :whyioughtta:
I thought "oh what the hell" and dropped an email to Nintendo of Europe, asking if and when the game could see a release in western DSiWare stores...
The answer was basically that they had no fucking clue what this crazy "Aa Mujou Setsuna" even was.
Isn't this just great? Why do i know more about the companies' line-up than the people that actually work there?

EOJ

I don't know why the heck I had this topic in the Cave games section. It's not a Cave game!  :laugh: So I've moved it to the appropriate forum.
My score archive

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on February 11, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
I don't know why the heck I had this topic in the Cave games section. It's not a Cave game!  :laugh: So I've moved it to the appropriate forum.

and this is how i just found out it's not a Cave game.  :laugh:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

Jockel

lol how ironic... just two days ago i was complaining, now it seems like the game gets an international release.  :laugh:
...as "Metal Torrent"

EOJ

I just got this. I still had the 1000 free nintendo points on my DSi from when I bought it last year, so this was a freebie for me. Seems OK so far, but I cleared pattern mode without dying on my first try, so it doesn't seem to have any real difficulty. Don't expect any scores from me unless I'm travelling somewhere and don't have anything to play but my DSi.  ;)
My score archive

KOA

Quote from: EOJ on May 25, 2010, 12:05:20 AM
...but I cleared pattern mode without dying on my first try,

Please tell me that was using the Accipiter. Even Yos.K dies several times using the Bateleur (God I hate these names).

EOJ

Yeah, it was with the easy ship. I've tried the other one since then and the game is no longer a pushover. So that's good.
My score archive