Monthly Competition #1 Espgaluda Tateha (March)

Started by jpj, February 25, 2008, 07:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

freddiebamboo

God I hate 5-2 :(  I lost 4 sodding lives on it there.  2 of which were during the stage :whyioughtta:

I've given up hope of the 1CC and I'll just focus all my efforts into a gnarly stage 1 score.  

No more 2.3 million for me every credit :D

Kaede

freddiebamboo

In case anyone else missed this, here is a nice little stage 1 midboss vid posted ages ago.  

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=3910

jpj

nice one :righton:

i never understand how people can get 1000 gold on stage 1, my best is 500 :oops:

edit: he uses ageha!?  what a scrub!

Icarus

I might have something later tonight. Need to warm up though, haven't played it in ages.

jpj

Quote from: IcarusI might have something later tonight. Need to warm up though, haven't played it in ages.
fuck off  :P

freddiebamboo

freddiebamboo - 32,272,960 - 5-2

Lost 3 lives in quick succession on the first form of the last boss.  I lose soooooo many lives trying to pick up power ups after dying on bosses it isn't even funny.

Still, I made it over 30mil which I'm happy about :D

freddiebamboo

EOJ

I wonder if MrMonkeyMan will throw up a score? If so, we're all doomed.
My score archive

Kaede

I thought the green gems next to the stage scores indicate the highest recorded scores for that stage?

Great score btw. :righton:

freddiebamboo

Cheers mate, I think you're right about the gems, although I could have sworn I've done better on 5-1 before.

jpj

great score freddie  :righton:

jpj - 23,626,780 - Stage 5-2

slowly getting better  :|

Icarus

Meh.

Icarus - 35,571,070 - Stage 5-2 - (PS2)

Mistakes all over the place, including running into a random bullet during the stage3 midboss, and twice somewhere in stage4. Credit ended at Jakou, first form, second bar. About a few hits before the break. -_-;;

Replay recorded.

First night of play after returning home from London Meet VI. Wiped my old scores, so I could record my progress. Still need to get some sharpness back, and try to recall all of my old routes through the stages.

On a related note, managed to break 1000 Gold before stage1's Seseri with Tateha, for the first time ever. My best previously was 999, several years ago...

Quite a feat for me. And yes, I suck. -_-;;

GaijinPunch

I don't think I've ever gotten 1000 gold on stage 1, w/ either character.

Harlequin

Im pulling out of this tournament, i tried playing and either this game
doesnt agree with me or im just really really crap.

I am sure its becuase i am shit :oops:

I just want to save myself from the embarassment of posting a score :righton:

Harlequin

RGC

Quote from: HarlequinIm pulling out of this tournament, i tried playing and either this game
doesnt agree with me or im just really really crap.

I am sure its becuase i am shit :oops:

I just want to save myself from the embarassment of posting a score :righton:

Harlequin
Nah, you should enter a score anyway dude. I plan to, despite the fact my total time on arcade mode is around 3-4 hours, and my score is ubershit. :)

Kaede

Plus you stand a chance of being picked to select the next challenge. ;)

EDIT: How in the hell are you people getting your gold to near enough 1000 on stage one? That's gotta set you up for a hell of a lot of points by the time you complete stage 2.

By the time I defeat the first boss I think my gold counter is around 350-450, with a score of 1.4 - 1.6m. :(

Icarus

Quote from: KaedeHow in the hell are you people getting your gold to near enough 1000 on stage one? That's gotta set you up for a hell of a lot of points by the time you complete stage 2.
With great difficulty.

In reality I average between 900-940 Gold before the stage1 boss, and yes, it does help stage2 scoring greatly. With a decent start (say, around 900 before Seseri v1), I can finish stage2 with over 10mil (taking around 7mil+ from the stage itself). The problem with pushing for 1k Gold on stage1 is managing Tateha's attacks in Kakusei Mode, but recently I've worked out a few new tricks, compared to two years ago when my control in most games wasn't as refined.

If you're interested, a couple of old (read: two years old) stage runs are located here:
http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/files/fw/st_espgaluda/

Improved my stage2 (now 7.6mil) and stage4 (now 8.5mil). Both recorded.
Still working on sharpening my stage3 and 5-1.

Score update over the weekend, maybe.

jpj

@harlequin: i think you should post your score anyways, it's nothing to be concerned about  :)  if i was embarassed about each time i've posted a crap score i would never turn the computer on  :lol:  plus, like kaede said, you might get to choose next month's game  ;)

speaking of which, there are a couple of people whose scores are MIA...  :P

freddiebamboo

Thats a very nice stage 4 score Icarus :cool:

I've been putting off refining my stage 4 due to the safe, comfortable route I meander through it with, but my scoring is very poor there so I'll be going to work adding a mil or two on my score with it.

And cheers for linking those old vids :)

jpj

jpj - 24,115,680 - Stage 5-2

too many fucking mistakes  :rolleyes:

GaijinPunch

Can anyone take a stab at how many points you're sacrificing when you die around the end of stage 4 or beginning of stage 5?  Too much math going on for me to figure it out.

Getting better at stage 1, but 3 mil is my top score.  Just realized I was missing some points on stage 2 as well.  Now to just not die all the time.

Harlequin

Ok guys i will play some more over the weekend and post a score :righton:

Like i said tho this game is really not agreeing with me for some reason, i love it
its fun, but those friggen blue bullets really like me ALOT :D

Harlequin

EOJ

I played a couple credits last night, got 20mil-ish scores up to the last stage. I totally forgot all the patterns in this game. I plan to practice some more this weekend.
My score archive

jpj

jpj - 31,590,300 - All

i need a cigarette after that  :lol:

freddiebamboo

Well done on the ALL jpj :righton:

Can't say I'm not a little jealous though ;)

cannonball

I'm not submitting my score yet :P I think my best run with tateha so far is like 13.7 mil :laugh:
I've never been good at this game.

EOJ

Managed to get a credit in tonight:

EOJ - 28,237,580 - Stage 5-2

Died on the very last form of the last boss. Not bad considering I got to the 5-2 boss fight with no spare lives left.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

It only took me a day or so to get back in the swing, but I totally forgot all the shit on the last boss.  He's kind of an asshole considering the curve of the game.  5-1 is a bit harder than I remember as well, althugh I don't think I ever really got very good at the last part, or Seseri for that matter.