Main Menu

Donpachi

Started by RGC, January 14, 2008, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGC

Go on, someone start a hi-score thread.  :D

RGC

Thanks Plasmo. Now all we need is freddiebamboo to sort out a Dangun thread.  :P

freddiebamboo

QuoteThanks Plasmo. Now all we need is freddiebamboo to sort out a Dangun thread.  :P

Ah, just noticed this.  Can do RGC :)

RGC

QuoteThanks Plasmo. Now all we need is freddiebamboo to sort out a Dangun thread.  :P

Ah, just noticed this.  Can do RGC :)

Awesome :)

Been a little distracted from this since my APB board arrived, but that's gone on the back burner now 'til I can achieve a proper dangun score.

professor ganson

Just picked up the original Japanese PCB.  Costs quite a bit more than the other, more common versions out there (paid about $200).  I hope it's worth it!  Now I have two Cave PCBs: Esprade and Donpachi.  :)

RGC

QuoteJust picked up the original Japanese PCB.  Costs quite a bit more than the other, more common versions out there (paid about $200).  I hope it's worth it!  Now I have two Cave PCBs: Esprade and Donpachi.  :)

Nice get, pg :)

When you say quite a bit more, how much are we talking typically for the International version? Haven't seen either on shmups trading section for a fair while.

professor ganson

Thanks! Yeah, I haven't seen it for sale much at all.  ExcellentCom has the International version for pretty cheap-- like $87.

RGC

QuoteThanks! Yeah, I haven't seen it for sale much at all.  ExcellentCom has the International version for pretty cheap-- like $87.

Wow, that is cheap. Might have to bag me one of those. Hope to see your scores on the relevant thread soon. :) My progress is so slow at the moment, finding like one day a week to play games.

Joepachi

I'm happy to see some love for Donpachi on these boards. Donpachi is easily one of my favorite video games, I love the old-school feel mixed with Cave's great sense of style. I'll try to get a high score posted this soon for the JPN version. I have a good score with the US version, but that's almost like cheating with the bomb refills.

professor ganson

My beautiful Japanese Donpachi board arrived.  Sadly, just as with my Esp.ra.de., it is out of synch with my tv and so unplayable til I get a new monitor.  So far I've bought two Sony PVM-2030 monitors and both have been DOA.  One of these days I'll get a Cave-friendly set-up going.

RGC

Quote from: professor gansonMy beautiful Japanese Donpachi board arrived.  Sadly, just as with my Esp.ra.de., it is out of synch with my tv and so unplayable til I get a new monitor.  So far I've bought two Sony PVM-2030 monitors and both have been DOA.  One of these days I'll get a Cave-friendly set-up going.
Sorry to hear, pg. I guess we take for granted just how readily available good CRT TVs are in the UK.

Had a ridculous run on DP last night. Lifed it to stage 5, and then lost it all through not concentrating. :o