Main Menu

CAVE/AMI box reproduction

Started by EOJ, December 15, 2019, 03:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

https://gateninety.com/product/crowd-funding-cave-ami-box-reproduction/

It says there will be a "not original" stamp on the inside of the boxes, though I don't see them in the sample pictures. It would be horrible if the market was flooded with knockoffs that didn't have any identifying stamp. I can tell them apart from a real one, but I'd best most people couldn't.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ookitarepanda

There was a time when I was about to do the same with a friend at a local box company but then bowed out because the thought of shipping all these huge boxes made me run really fast in the opposite direction.

The cardboard, if made anywhere other than Japan, is noticeably a different color. But otherwise the CAD work they did to reproduce the insert that I commissioned was dope as fuck.

Here's the thing: If it doesn't look exactly the same, why not just get a corstat box from ULine? The Cave boxes aren't particularly protective in any way. Let's say you have other Cave kits on your shelf, won't the off-color cardboard stand out?

EOJ

I love the corstat boxes, all of my CAVE games are stored in them! Definitely the best choice for easy, safe and compact storage of CAVE PCBs (also very quick and easy to access them from the boxes).

My score archive

gateninety

Quote from: EOJ on December 15, 2019, 03:15:41 PM
https://gateninety.com/product/crowd-funding-cave-ami-box-reproduction/

It says there will be a "not original" stamp on the inside of the boxes, though I don't see them in the sample pictures. It would be horrible if the market was flooded with knockoffs that didn't have any identifying stamp. I can tell them apart from a real one, but I'd best most people couldn't.

I don't know why nobody wants to believe that it will be stamped as 'not original'  :o If the purpose is to screw people, I will not make a pubic post explaining that repro is coming  =D Furthermore, I've found better cardboard closer to original. So, even more important to tag it
But don't worry, it's a flop for the moment. So, they will not be produced  :laugh:

SuperPang

I think some people are concerned for future buyers, that's all. There are some unscrupulous sellers out there and it's inevitable that someone will "forget to mention it" or pretend they didn't notice some day.

That said, good luck to you, I thought you'd have plenty of interest actually. People have got excited about the prospect when it was broached before.

EOJ

Quote from: SuperPang on December 19, 2019, 08:23:54 AM
I think some people are concerned for future buyers, that's all. 

Yes, this was my worry. Anyway, I'm glad to hear if they ever get made, they'll be properly marked as reproductions.
My score archive