DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu 1.5

Started by elf, July 14, 2008, 05:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elf

CAVE 2008,

Enter the next level and have a credit at cave's newest Milestone.
DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu, the fifth in the series, the resurrection!

Rules are as following:
- Default options only,

For both modes please submit your score in the key below:
Name - Score - Stage / Loop - Ship Type & Style - Max Chain (optional)

++++++Tsuujou Loop++++++
Type A - Bomb Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type A - Power Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type B - Bomb Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type B - Power Style
Quote1. MrMonkeyMan - 107'164'127'541 - 2-3
2. ---
3. ---
Type C - Bomb Style
Quote1. Ast-Kot@SMN - 21'087'416'151 - 2-5
2. ---
3. ---
Type C - Power Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---

++++++Ura Loop++++++
Type A - Bomb Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type A - Power Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type B - Bomb Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type B - Power Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type C - Bomb Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---
Type C - Power Style
Quote1. ---
2. ---
3. ---

elf

I added my score from the meet (i forgot all digits except for the first one)
It actually is from the 1.0 Version but since it is so ridicilously low, and no other scores are available yet (at least not in this thread) i just put it in.

Join the challenge!

MrMonkeyMan

I wouldn't bother with the max chain.  The game doesn't keep track, so there's really no way of knowing.

I might as well put up my best.

MrMonkeyMan - 33,628,350,757 - 2-2 - Green Helicopter Power Mode

Uhh, is the Helicopter type B like it used to be, or is it type C?  It's second in the selection screen, so I assume it's the type B again.

elf

wasnt the heli the new selectable extra ship?
I cant recall having him played in the 1.0 Version

MrMonkeyMan

No, he's not in 1.0 which is why I'm curious which ship type he would be.  In DoDonPachi he was type B, and he's the second selectable ship in 1.5, so I imagine he would be type B again, but it doesn't really matter.

elf

Red Ship = Type A
Green Heli = Type B
Blue Ship = Type C

Ast-Kot

Ast-Kot@SMN

21,087,416,151 2-5 TypeC Bomb Style Tsuujou Loop

I think that you have to divided the score board into Ura and Tsuujou loop...:P
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

elf

As in Ketsui the Tsuujou loop is the easier one ?
I dont think mentioning that is nessecairy, since noone was bothered by that in Ketsui either.

Edit: Does the scorechart in ddp5 display any max chain counter at all?

EOJ

Yes, you should differentiate between Tsuujou and Ura loops. And yes people bothered mentioning it with Ketsui.

Also, don't put ver 1.0 scores here.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

elf

Fixed both.
Post scores in the new format, please.

MMM i guess you also reached the Tsuujou loop in your run?

MrMonkeyMan

MrMonkeyMan

MrMonkeyMan - 46,615,256,087 - 2-4 Tsuujou - B-P - Proof

I've also put up a video of my stage 1.  How on earth can I get another 3 billion points on that stage?

http://www.mrmonkeyman.com/videos/dfk1_2.54bil.avi

EOJ

Nice video. You're right, it's hard to see where you could squeeze out enough points to more than double the score you got there!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Ast-Kot

Nice vid MMM.... ;)

Only one note: during the fight with the mid when you use the hyper in normal mode if you tap the autofire button you improve your chain and not damege the mid....then when the stage start to scroll to the left you put in boost move and go close to the laser esagon to improve the chain till 3300 without any problem so you can finish the stage with over 4ooo+....i could get him sometimes cause I ve no time to play and sometimes, i don't kwnow why the mid does not appear... :)

I ve started a week ago playing power mode; 5? stage is less difficult as in bomb mode cause the hyper gauge recharge very fast....but I still have some problems on the first stage... :(

Sometimes the mid does not appear..i used the same tank pattern of bomb mode.....to get it you have to destruct the first to tank and the last one?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

elf

i noticed the last 2 bees (which would've given the most points) were collected as green, which was just bad timing i guess.
Nevertheless a really nice stage1 how-to-play.

MrMonkeyMan

Quote from: Ast-Kot on July 22, 2008, 08:41:41 AM
Nice vid MMM.... ;)

Only one note: during the fight with the mid when you use the hyper in normal mode if you tap the autofire button you improve your chain and not damege the mid....then when the stage start to scroll to the left you put in boost move and go close to the laser esagon to improve the chain till 3300 without any problem so you can finish the stage with over 4ooo+....i could get him sometimes cause I ve no time to play and sometimes, i don't kwnow why the mid does not appear... :)

I ve started a week ago playing power mode; 5? stage is less difficult as in bomb mode cause the hyper gauge recharge very fast....but I still have some problems on the first stage... :(

Sometimes the mid does not appear..i used the same tank pattern of bomb mode.....to get it you have to destruct the first to tank and the last one?
I'll give that a shot on the midboss.

Here's a picture of what I think you need to do to unlock the midboss.

I think all you need to do is destroy the two silos with the X marks before the tanks run them over and have a full hyper meter.  You might need to grab all the bees too.  I'm not sure about the silos with the question marks, you may need to destroy them too before they are run over.

Quote from: elf on July 22, 2008, 03:52:37 PM
i noticed the last 2 bees (which would've given the most points) were collected as green, which was just bad timing i guess.
Nevertheless a really nice stage1 how-to-play.
The bees aren't worth very many points in this game.  I probably only lost a couple million because of the bees.  Maybe they start to add up by the end of the game if you collect all golden bees.

MrMonkeyMan

MrMonkeyMan - 68,378,551,286 - 2-3 tsuujou - B-P

I came so close to chaining stage 4, but blew it right where the points start piling up.  I actually chained most of stage 5 as well, but dropped it early during the beginning section costing me tons of points, and at the end versus the huge cannon from Daioujou.

MrMonkeyMan

MrMonkeyMan - 93,033,712,466 - 2-3 tsuujou - B-P

I went in to stage 5 with 86 billion points.  Why did I only get 7 billion points from the next 4 stages :(

MrMonkeyMan

I have a new score to add for whatever reason.

MrMonkeyMan - 107,164,127,541 - 2-3 tsuujou - B-P

drboom

So are you starting to enjoy it more? It sounded like you were pretty luke warm about it.
The more video I watch of it, the more it captures my attention. Especially since I am really enjoying DOJ at the moment.

MrMonkeyMan

Most of me resentment came from the first 6 weeks of mailing the game back and forth.  That really killed a lot of the excitement of getting a new game.

But it's definitely growing on me.  It's a lot nicer to chain in this game then the prequels.  Now that I can chain the first four stages I manage to chain them almost every time.  Stage 5 is still a massive headache.  That goddamn laser doom section is too much for me, I just hyper my way through it.  I can get some points out of 2-1 now as well thanks to a little trick I discovered, but that's about it for the loop.  Actually, I can usually chain the first half of 2-3 for a couple billion points as well, but the midboss always does me in.

elf

updated.
nice to see you broke the 100bil mark

KOMA

TUG - 2,757,822,269 - Stage 5 Boss- Type B Bombe Mode

KOMA

So,what we need to trigger the mid boss?
Destroy silo before tank?collect all bees?
thx.

KOMA

Bombe mode
TUG - 3,136,275,540 - ALL - Type C

Power Mode
TUG - 3,989,461,220 - Stage 4 Boss - Type B

KOMA

Little improve in bombe mode
TUG - 4,479,197,599 - Stage 5 Boss - Type C
What is the requirement for second loop?

GaijinPunch

Quote from: KOMA on September 18, 2008, 02:22:30 PM
Little improve in bombe mode
TUG - 4,479,197,599 - Stage 5 Boss - Type C
What is the requirement for second loop?

If I'm not mistaken 35 bee items.

Kaneda

According to the latest Arcadia:

For Tsujou loop:
-one credit, one player
-use no more than 2 bombs OR grab at least 35 bee items

For Ura loop:
-one credit, one player
-no more than 1 death
-use no more than 2 bombs
-grab 45 bee items

GaijinPunch