Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

They had stock just days ago.  They are ~$1318 I think, plus shipping and Paypal fees.  It'll cost you over $1400 by the time it's done.  I think this is the last new stock and nobody seems to be letting go of their kits so they're holding all the cards if you want one.

JEFF

TNX for the quick info!! I'm selling some stuff at the moment. So i'll have to wait for that. Only when i have enough i will send them a mail, but i know i'll have to be quick ... Fingers crossed it will be soon.

brentsg

Any time you deal with any of the Hong Kong vendors remember to keep the communication simple.  My experience is that when you do anything that isn't VERY straightforward the language barrier causes problems.

JEFF

EOJ

New official illustration of Nexy by an artist called Kunieda, just uploaded on March 30th, 2010, on his/her blog:

http://kunieda.hungry.jp/

Wonder why Cave commissioned this person to do an illustration now? Art for the port?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

HVL

Looks like shit compared to Ogata Kouji's art, which is cool and amazing.

But yeah, whatever. Give us the port. :laugh:

SuperPang

Anyone know if you can unlock the green chopper in v1.0?

Jockel

rtw

Quote from: Jockel on April 21, 2010, 12:29:12 PM
I don't think so.

IIRC it was added as an extra bonus in addition to the fix for the counterstop.
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

SuperPang

v1.5 came out awful quick though. My guess is its in there but Cave didn't release the unlock code.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Unlocking the B ship in 1.0 is:

Insert coin
Player 2: Hold down A, B & C
Player 1: Press D, A, D, C, B, D, Up, B, B, Left, Down, Right, C, D, B, A, Right, Right, A, D

I put together a list of all the changes I could find going from DFK 1.0 to 1.5. It's a WIP, let me know if you have input/changes.

-counterstop bug fixed / 2 digits added to score
-new title screen added
-green player unlocked by default / needed a code in 1.0
-autobomb added
-bomb stock reduced & even if you pick up a bomb item always only give 1 bomb to stock instead of filling it up, and there is no bomb stock refilling when you go from loop 1 to 2
-safe spots on Hibachi removed
-TLB difficulty increased
-scoring was increased
-trigger for the Ura loop has been changed (reported in Arcadia magazine though I don't know specifics)
-hyper meter refills quicker in Power Mode, maybe others
-possibly a counter drop bug fixed? reported but not confirmed
-some bullet patterns sped up? reported but not confirmed
-possibly other rebalancing
-2nd loop Omote route difficulty toned down

Monouchi

Great post spork.
1.0 is my fave Cave game, still trying for that 2-all but 2-4 is crazy.

I found something that I need to confirm.
The other day I was playing on a friends 1.5 pcb and reached the second loop.
Now, the second loop had a lot less bullets than in 1.0 and I am pretty sure both loops were Omote as I bombed a lot and died more than once.

Edit: -trigger for ura loop changed.
.... I bet its this one then and that I am going into the ura loop in 1.0.

Then for reaching ura in 1.0 I guess you only have to stay in ura and collect 45 bees?
Thats what I usually do and I always get the more bullet dense loop.
Ura loop is incredible fun. :)

Also, I think Strong mode had an unlock code for 1.0 ( Maybe its in 1.5 also but I had to unlock that mode in my 1.0.)

Muchi Muchi Spork

I'm not completely sure but I think the Ura trigger would autowarp you to the left near the beginning of stage 2-1 and Omote would keep you on the boring path so that's probably the easy way to tell.

Monouchi

I also did read that.
Confusing as I have got the more bullet dense patterns in the second loop but did not get autowarp to the ura side.
Could the omote loop have been made easier in 1.5?

I need a 1.5 pcb to try this out. :)

Muchi Muchi Spork

Are you sure you got 45 bees? Yes the 2nd loop could have been changed from 1.0 to 1.5. There's a lot that can be under the umbrella of "rebalancing" which they said something about when they released the free 1.5 pcb upgrade.

Monouchi

No, if the requirements for Ura in 1.0 is 45 bees, then I am on Omote.
I still havent got the hang of stage five and miss 1-3 bees, so I am around 43 Bees.
And with this we can pretty much confirm that the Omote loop in 1.5 has been nerfed.

I put together this pic showing Bee locations in both Normal and Ura route. found the pics on a jp site:

pmp

How does  the 360 release of1.5 from Rising Star compare with the steam version. I can get the 360 disc for a decent price if it's worth it.