Deathsmiles

Started by EOJ, December 10, 2007, 09:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOMA

EOJ

FOLLETT
324,939,614 - EOJ - ALL [L=3/5, Bx0] - X360 (Arcade Mode)

No EX.

This was my best run ever in the first 6 stages - I had 212mil going into the castle. Replay is available on the leaderboards,
for anyone interested. I had my best Volcano and Forest stage scores yet in this run, and one of my best Graveyard stage scores. A pretty average
Castle with some dumb deaths, but overall not too bad.

This score puts me at #6 overall in the Arcade mode "Ex OFF" ranking.  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Nice.  You trying EX on now?

And...

Holy shit!  500 mil w/ EX Off?

I need to log in and see where I am.  I was 9th (1st Follett) on 1.1 EX ON last time I was on.

EOJ

Yeah, I do an EX run every now and then, but when I have a really good score after the first six stages (as I did in this run), it's hard for me to waste it on the Canyon (I still have a high rate of failure there).

That 500mil run is awesome. Definitely watch it (he's the same guy with the 521mil WR (No Canyon) w/ Follett on the PCB). The amazing thing is he dies at a big scoring spot in the Castle, costing him at least 10~15mil.

EDIT: Just checked the leaderboards - You're 4th in the Follett ranking, in Ver 1.1 (EX ON). You're #10 overall in Ver 1.1 (EX ON).
My score archive

GaijinPunch

That's weird... how can I go from 9th to 10th, but have 3 other Follet's jump ahead of me?

EOJ

There's only 1 Follett above you on the OVERALL leaderboard. Change "ALL" to Follett's face to see the FOLLETT ranking.  ;)
If a player has a higher score with another character, it won't show their Follett score in the overall ranking. Highest score on the Follett ranking is 10.5bil.

My score archive

EOJ

ROSA
174,445,303 - EOJ - ALL [L=1/5, Bx0] - X360 (Arcade Mode)

Pretty crappy run, but I really don't like Rosa. It's a pain in the ass trying to control her option. I end up tapping the shot button for most of the run.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on May 29, 2009, 05:12:36 AM
There's only 1 Follett above you on the OVERALL leaderboard. Change "ALL" to Follett's face to see the FOLLETT ranking.  ;)
If a player has a higher score with another character, it won't show their Follett score in the overall ranking. Highest score on the Follett ranking is 10.5bil.

Ah -gotcha.  I understand now.
I'll bust this out again.  Hopefully I can get 9 bil.

EOJ

Getting a little better with Rosa:

ROSA (No EX)
206,408,790 - EOJ - ALL [L=3/5, Bx1] - X360 (Arcade Mode)

Still not a big fan of her play style, though.  
My score archive

EOJ

Gave the Canyon another try:

FOLLETT - EX
311,685,189 - EOJ - Stage 4-2 - X360 (Arcade Mode)

Ended my credit in the very last section before Jitterbug (the ascension with dancers).

My score archive

EOJ

WINDIA (NO EX)
208,889,281 - EOJ - ALL [L=2/5, Bx0] - X360 (Arcade Mode)
My score archive

Megalixir

Windia
4.780.723.204 - LIX - ALL - 1.1 (EX)

HVL

Where's all the Casper love? :-*

131,855,229 - HVL - ALL (No EX) [L=2.5/5, Bx0] - Casper - X360 (Arcade Mode)

Looks like I still have a long way to go. :laugh:

EOJ

Nice score.

Yeah, it's too bad more people don't try other characters. They are all fun in their own ways.
My score archive

HVL

Slight improvement. :lol:

154,940,578 - HVL - ALL (No EX) [L=3/5, Bx3] - Casper - X360 (Arcade Mode)

I think I did pretty well considering my Graveyard and Forest are still weak; I get around 30 mil at the end of 2-1 (Halloween 2 -> Graveyard 3 -> Forest 3). Also, I need to start playing the train stage for score, I never power-up during the stage as of now.

EOJ

CASPER
213,581,503 - EOJ - ALL [L=4/5, Bx2] - X360 (Arcade Mode)

With this score, I now have a 200+mil ALL with all 4 gals.  :righton:
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I've some free time these days for play Ds with my new Reko custom stick :lol:

I've done some error during the volcano's stage missing the bomb recharge at the end :-[

The run is not so bad and I think I can improve my score this week end :)

FOLLET
202.753.729 - AST-KOT - 4-2Boss - X360 (Arcade Mode) - No Ex

;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

I got the cable for my custom all Seimitsu X360 stick today, courtesy of dmauro. Decided to give Deathsmiles a whirl as I hadn't played it in a few weeks.
On my first credit, I get this:

FOLLETT
346,380,927 - EOJ - ALL [L=3/5, Bx0] - X360 (Arcade Mode)

Moral of the story: Seimitsu LS-32 > Sanwa JLF.

PS-I did this one offline, so it's not on the online leaderboards. Too bad, as it would have put me in the top 5 for the "Ex OFF". A few weeks ago I kept getting good runs disconnected from live, so I've sorta given up on the online rankings for now.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Very nice.  What did the stick set you back?
I see that Hori is releasing two more 360 sticks...both Sanwa.  WTF!

dmauro

Haha, awesome. I always use Seimitsu, but that's not enough to get me through the final level in death mode. Glad the stick worked out, a shame we can't see the playthrough though.

EOJ

It's pretty similar to my 324mil replay up on live. I just ended the first 6 stages with a bit more (215mil), and had a better Castle (322mil before the last boss).
It's pretty weird as I really wasn't even trying in that run, at least for the first half. It was just sort of a "'test out the stick to see how it is' run". When I had 165mil after the graveyard stage (with two more stages to go before the Castle), I started to think "Hey, maybe I should take this a bit more seriously!".  :laugh:

I saved the replay, but I can't upload it.
My score archive

HVL

Wow, very nice score there, EOJ.

I have pretty much given up for now; I can't stand playing with the pad anymore. LS-32 coming soon. :righton:

169,913,028 - HVL - ALL (No EX) [L=1/5, Bx2] - Casper - X360 (Arcade Mode)

[picture edited out to save space; higher score submitted]

Not too far from the 200 mil mark; this would have been easily a 180 mil run without two cheap deaths at Jitterbug.

GaijinPunch

That's awesome that it's coming out over there, Tim.  Get your preorders in now, ladies.

febas

hi guys!!

My first all of cave game smile

FE(B) - 97204865 - ROSA - ALL-Clear (no EX) - XBox360 - 4 rank 3

my name is FEB but i don't press the in the time B characters Langue

FEB

HVL

Lots of stupid mistakes and Tyrannosatan fight was a total wreck, yet I beat my previous score easily.

190,836,394 - HVL - ALL (No EX) [L=2.5/5, Bx0] - Casper - X360 (Arcade Mode)

First time playing Score Attack, maybe I tried harder subconsciously. :laugh:

antares

Here are my scores:

XBox 360 Ex Off: 236,910,326 - antares - ALL - Follett

V1.1 Ex Off: 3,873,101,485 - antares - ALL [L=2/5, Bx0] - Follett

V1.1 Ex On: 4,531,447,968 - antares - 4-2 (Boss) - Follett

I got the 1.1 Ex Off score today, so if someone is interested in seeing it, the replay is up on XBox Live (Gamertag: RenderingRanger) :)

antares

Score improvement:

V1.1 Ex On: 5,042,725,688 - antares - ALL [L=0.5/5, Bx0] - Follett

It was the first time I finished 1.1 with all stages at rank 3 but I didn't get the achievement. I thougt this problem got fixed with the patch? :(

EOJ

No, they never said they would fix that in the patch (I guess they didn't consider it a glitch). You have to clear it offline. If you're playing in Score Attack you won't get the acheivement.

I'll update the charts some day soon, btw.  :)
My score archive

HVL

Finally a score I'm somewhat content with.

1.1 EX OFF

3,424,527,188 - HVL - 4-2 (Boss) - Windia

It's crazy how you guys get 5-6 billion w/o EX. :righton:

EOJ

Ok, I finally updated the charts! Let me know if I missed anyone's score or if there's any error(s).
My score archive