Yagawa's secret test menu & "Special" versions of MMP, PS, & Ibara

Started by EOJ, December 14, 2007, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

On Pink Sweets and MMP, if you hold A+B while pressing the test button, you unlock a secret menu of variables (thanks to rtw for this info). Anyone else tried this or fiddled with it? You may be able to reset the rank settings on this, as at least in Pink Sweets it seems like the rank may carry over from one run to the next.

Here's a picture of the MMP test menu after holding A+B on powerup (note the new option unlocked called 'adjust max'):

Adjust max:

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

hermosaguy

I've tried this on Pink Sweets, Ibara Black Label and Muchi Muchi Pork and get it to work, but it won't on Mushi Futari or Death Smiles.  Is it because it is a different type of hardware between them?

EOJ

Yeah, it only works on games programmed by Yagawa (doesn't work on Ibara though). I remember trying it on my IBL and it didn't work, so I'll have to try again to confirm.
My score archive

EOJ

Info on the "Special Ver" of MMP, Ibara, and Pink Sweets was posted by rtw in this thread a few months ago:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29670&hilit=Ibara+Special

Having tested MMP Special Ver for awhile, I can add the following bits of info:

-You can do a quick restart by pressing the 1P and 2P start buttons at the same time during the game. This resets you to the title screen. You can do a hardware reboot by holding the 1P A+B+C buttons for 1-2 seconds, but the quick restart is a lot more convenient if you just want to restart a botched run
-You can save scores as normal when playing MMP, as long as you aren't playing stage select.
-You can select the stages for Manpuku mode by pressing UP-RIGHT (this starts you at stage 2 - you cannot practice stage 1). Press RIGHT once to practice each subsequent stage. It doesn't show you which stage you will practice, you have to listen to the chime each time you press RIGHT.
-You can select the stages for Harahara mode by pressing DOWN-RIGHT (this starts you at stage 2 - you cannot practice stage 1). Press RIGHT once to practice each subsequent stage. It doesn't show you which stage you will practice, you have to listen to the chime each time you press RIGHT. Unfortunately, while it says "HARAHARA" on the top of the screen, you aren't actually playing HARAHARA mode, you are just playing regular mode. So this is pretty worthless.
My score archive